Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:01 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Data Error Report Thread

Rather than a bunch of separate threads, I'd like to keep any data corrections in one place so it's easier to make sure nothing slips by. So, if you come across any player, league, or team data that's inaccurate, please post here. Keep in mind, of course, that the ratings are subjective, so factual inaccuracies are a lot more likely to get addressed than "Player X isn't good enough," but the research team will take a look at anything that's reported here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

If by data corrections you mean stats that are missing or players ending up on the wrong teams, I think I believe i've seen quite a few.

Kieffer Bellows missing stats from last season at BU.

There is an issue where Klim Kostin is not eligible for the AHL (probably because you guys still have his rights listed to Kootenay, even though he will never report there), so at the beginning of every save the Blues waive him and he becomes a free agent for anybody to take.

Alexander Khovanov is listed as being on his KHL team, when in reality he is a member of Moncton. This is annoying because it's a pain in the ass to sign KHL players in this game, should change.

Spencer Knight is a Boston College commit, but he never plays for them. Instead he signs in the NAHL before his draft season (wut lol).

These might seem like minor problems, but I practically have OCD when it comes to this stuff lol.

Will edit if I find anything else.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:42 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

No historical NCAA stats yet - they're only in for playable leagues (and a few other minor cases.) I've got an experiment planned for that (and fleshing out the college rosters), but ran out of time before launch to make it happen. I'd expect to see them in an update.

I'll remove Kostin's WHL rights, those should be gone anyhow and that should allow him to go to the AHL. Working on cleaning up some of those unneeded CHL rights, but it's a little awkward to do in our editor at the moment.

Knight's starting ratings were too low, that explains the NAHL detour. Should be fixed in the update. Moved Khovanov to Moncton to be safe, although that was probably coming in the next update from our Q researcher anyhow.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
jcrogie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Duplicate player in Historical Mode:

https://imgur.com/a/wNtb0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Mitchell
jcrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, he's "Ivan" in some sources, "Mike" in others, that's how that happened. Looks like the "Mike' version of him's a little more complete, I'll get rid of the other one.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
Empty
Minors (Single A)

Red Wings are missing the 2018 2nd round pick (OTT) that they got from New York in the Brendan Smith trade.
Empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty View Post
Red Wings are missing the 2018 2nd round pick (OTT) that they got from New York in the Brendan Smith trade.
Ah, the Ottawa one, it was still with the Rangers in the db, just fixed it.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Hamilton Bulldogs OHL changes:

Players that need to be added to Hamilton:
-Narvin Mutter (Currently free agent no rights was drafted by Hamilton in OHL 2017 draft)
-Nick Donofrio - free agent signed back up goalie
-Jake Murray signed this past march unsigned free agent drafted by Hamilton in 2016
-Arthur Kaliyev - drafted 2nd round in 2017 no rights to Hamilton and is a free agent
-Riley McCourt played a bit last season for the bulldogs and is signed this year but currently a free agent
- Justin Lemcke - was on the roster last year however the team currently has 4 OA's due to the 4 OA rule until January
-Connor Walters - he was on the roster last year for some reason is a free agent in the game
- Stephen Templeton - see Justin Lemcke
- Zach Roy - drafted by Hamilton was signed by Hamilton last week woul put him on Hamiltons farm team
- Liam Van Loon - drafted by Hamilton in 2017 currently signed and playing for their farm team currently a UFA
- Tanner Sheppard - drafted by Hamilton last yera signed by Hamilton and playing for their farm team currently a UFA

Removed from Squad or rights
-Ondrej Kachyna is playing in Czech league had his rights released last season
Mitch Mendonca - released last season attended other OHL camps this year
Matt Luff - on Ontario reign no point of his rights to count towards the 50 reserves
- Luke Martin currently playing NCAA he wont be coming over release rights
- Noah Lugli - release rights
- Brandon Scanlin - release rights
Matthew Wilkins - release rights
Lucas Vanroboys - release rights
Skylar BrindA'mour - release rights
Sean Blimkie - release rights
Brian Brygrave - release rights

If u dont include one of Templeton or Lemcke thats 10 add and 10 removes to equal each other out..

Arena is no longer named Copps Coliseum it is now known as First Ontario Centre

Last edited by Sabres2000; 10-05-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #9
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Hamilton Bulldogs OHL changes:

Players that need to be added to Hamilton:
-Narvin Mutter (Currently free agent no rights was drafted by Hamilton in OHL 2017 draft)
-Nick Donofrio - free agent signed back up goalie
-Jake Murray signed this past march unsigned free agent drafted by Hamilton in 2016
-Arthur Kaliyev - drafted 2nd round in 2017 no rights to Hamilton and is a free agent
-Riley McCourt played a bit last season for the bulldogs and is signed this year but currently a free agent
- Justin Lemcke - was on the roster last year however the team currently has 4 OA's due to the 4 OA rule until January
-Connor Walters - he was on the roster last year for some reason is a free agent in the game
- Stephen Templeton - see Justin Lemcke
- Zach Roy - drafted by Hamilton was signed by Hamilton last week woul put him on Hamiltons farm team
- Liam Van Loon - drafted by Hamilton in 2017 currently signed and playing for their farm team currently a UFA
- Tanner Sheppard - drafted by Hamilton last yera signed by Hamilton and playing for their farm team currently a UFA

Removed from Squad or rights
-Ondrej Kachyna is playing in Czech league had his rights released last season
Mitch Mendonca - released last season attended other OHL camps this year
Matt Luff - on Ontario reign no point of his rights to count towards the 50 reserves
- Luke Martin currently playing NCAA he wont be coming over release rights
- Noah Lugli - release rights
- Brandon Scanlin - release rights
Matthew Wilkins - release rights
Lucas Vanroboys - release rights
Skylar BrindA'mour - release rights
Sean Blimkie - release rights
Brian Brygrave - release rights

If u dont include one of Templeton or Lemcke thats 10 add and 10 removes to equal each other out..

Arena is no longer named Copps Coliseum it is now known as First Ontario Centre
all of the players that are on the top list thta are free agents all have ratings of 1... they need to be re-rated
Old 10-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, we're too late to get that into the release version tomorrow, but I'll make sure all of that's done for the first update next week.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
ElQuapo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Various mostly Danish League stuff:

Championship Name:
ALB Cup (probably left over from when the league was AL Bank Ligaen)
The Cup name IRL is "Prins Henrik's Cup" (if it is a question of naming rights, then perhaps just name i "Metal Ligaen Cup")

Teams/affiliations and leagues:
SønderjyskE Ishockey has a farm team called "Danish Third Division".
Also "SønderjyskE Ishockey U16" and "SønderjyskE Ishockey U14" are not real teams. I think just having "Vojens IK", "Vojens IK U20" and "Vojens IK U17" would be fine. Younger teams are overdoing it IMHO, but if they are needed, then they should also be called "Vojens IK" and not "SønderjyskE Ishockey". SønderjyskE is only the professional 1st team.

The same problem as above seems to be with most danish teams. Danish teams all normally have a professional 1st team, and then an amateur affiliation under it. The affiliation teams most often (not always) have different names.

A suggestion for a danish league and affiliate setup would be:

Metal Ligaen:
Aalborg Pirates
Esbjerg Energy
Frederikshavn White Hawks
Gentofte Stars
Herlev Eagles
Herning Blue Fox
Hvidovre Fighters
Odense Bulldogs
Rødovre Mighty Bulls
Rungsted Seier Capital
SønderjyskE Ishockey

Danish 1. Division:
Aalborg IK (affiliate of Aalborg Pirates)
Amager Islanders
Copenhagen Lions
Esbjerg IK (affiliate of Esbjerg Energy)
Frederikshavn IK (affiliate of Frederikshavn White Hawks)
Gentofte Stars II (affiliate of Gentofte Stars)
Gladsaxe Bears
Herlev/Rungsted (shared affiliate of Herlev Eagles and Rungsted Seier Capital) (if not possible, then just have both Herlev IK and Rungsted IK as seperate teams)
Herning IK (affiliate of Herning Blue Fox)
Hvidovre IK (affiliate of Hvidovre Fighters)
Odense IK (affiliate of Odense Bulldogs)
Rødovre SIK (affiliate of Rødovre Mighty Bulls)
Jutland Vikings
Vojens IK (affiliate of SønderjyskE Ishockey)

Denmark U20:
Aalborg IK U20 (affiliate of Aalborg IK) (or of Aalborg Pirates - whatever works best in game terms)
Copenhagen Lions U20 (affiliate of Copenhagen Lions)
Esbjerg IK U20 (affiliate of Esbjerg IK) (or...)
Frederikshavn IK U20 (affiliate of Frederikshavn IK) (or...)
Gentofte Stars U20 (affiliate of Gentofte Stars II) (or of Gentofte Stars)
Gladsaxe Bears U20 (affiliate of Gladsaxe Bears)
Herlev IK U20 (affiliate of Herlev IK) (or of Herlev Eagles)
Hvidovre IK U20 (affiliate of Hvidovre IK) (or...)
Odense IK U20 (affiliate of Odense IK) (or...)
Rungsted IK U20 (affiliate of Rungsted IK) (or...)
Rødovre SIK U20 (affiliate of Rødovre SIK) (or...)
Vojens IK U20 (affiliate of Vojens IK) (or of SønderjyskE Ishockey)

Denmark U17:
Aalborg IK U17 (affiliate of Aalborg IK) (or of Aalborg Pirates - whatever works best in game terms)
Esbjerg IK U17 (affiliate of Esbjerg IK) (or...)
Frederikshavn IK U17 (affiliate of Frederikshavn IK) (or...)
Gentofte Stars U17 (affiliate of Gentofte Stars II) (or of Gentofte Stars)
Herlev IK U17 (affiliate of Herlev IK) (or...)
Herning IK U17 (affiliate of Herning IK) (or...)
Hvidovre IK U17 (affiliate of Hvidovre IK) (or...)
Odense IK U17 (affiliate of Odense IK) (or...)
Rungsted IK U17 (affliate of Rungsted IK) (or...)
Rødovre SIK U17 (affiliate of Rødovre SIK) (or...)
Vojens IK U17 (affiliate of Vojens IK) (or of SønderjyskE Ishockey)

Then remove all other danish leagues except these 4 levels and all teams not in any of these 4 leagues.

Other stuff:
There is a dutch player with no name - shows up as "." under Free Agents.

More to follow - thanks for having the danish league in the game :-)

Last edited by ElQuapo; 10-08-2017 at 03:02 PM.
ElQuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:36 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

I was able to make some of those changes, but some things, like the lower junior levels and all playable teams having a junior structure and farm teams, are necessary for player regeneration and development to function properly.

We could use a Danish researcher, if you're interested.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #13
ElQuapo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I was able to make some of those changes, but some things, like the lower junior levels and all playable teams having a junior structure and farm teams, are necessary for player regeneration and development to function properly.
In that case, the club structure should generally be set up like this.

Top club: Metal Ligaen or 1. Division
2nd team: 1. Division (if top club is Metal Ligaen)
U20 team
U17 team
U15 team
U13 team
etc.

If all clubs must have a 2nd team, then you could add "2. Division" which is generally made up of 2nd teams of 1. Division clubs, 3rd teams of Metal Ligaen clubs and a few 1st teams of smaller clubs.

There is no U16 or U14 system in Denmark - they go by odd-numbers before U20.

Quote:
We could use a Danish researcher, if you're interested.
I wish I had the time to help more. I was a researcher for FHM1 but had to stop before completing the danish stuff as I just could not find the time after being done with college and now working fulltime. I will try to post here when I find stuff

Last edited by ElQuapo; 10-09-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
ElQuapo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Greg Gibson (SønderjyskE Ishockey) is on a junior contract getting only 1000$. He should probably be among the top earners at the club. I don't know his contract length, but most foreign players are only on 1-year deals.

Thomas Spelling (SønderjyskE Ishockey) could perhaps use a small boost. He is one of the best danish players in the league. His shooting range should also be upped as he has a powerful shot on the powerplay. He should also be earning as much as the foreign players.

Joni Myllykoski (SønderjyskE Ishockey) should also be among the top earners at the club.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #15
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Update on my previous post. Spencer Knight issue is still not solved, as a matter of fact there seems to be an issue in which you can't even assign college rights to players. Every time I try to assign NCAA rights to a player it goes away when I refresh to page. Spencer Knight and many others do not end up where they should actually be ending up. Bode Wilde, Alex Turcotte, Knight, and many others on the USNTDP program suffer from this problem

Khovanov is still not on Moncton.
Case McCarthy is on the Hamilton Bulldogs for some reason? He should be on the USNTDP, and his OHL rights belong to Sarnia.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

We haven't updated the database yet, the update was just fixing a crash bug. The data changes are coming in the next one (I just sent Malte the final version of them about an hour ago.)
Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #17
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

George Hainsworth career stats, while I was checking out the career shutout leaders in the NHL in my game I noticed Hainsworth is 2nd all-time behind Brodeur when, in fact, Terry Sawchuk is 2nd all-time in shutouts and the only other goaltender besides Brodeur to have 100 or more shutouts in NHL history.

It seems Hainsworth is being credited for 3 NHL seasons at the beginning of his career that weren't actually played in the NHL but rather played in the Western Hockey League as a member of the Saskatoon Crescents/Sheiks. Obviously those 3 seasons shouldn't count towards his career NHL totals.

I attached his official stats from the NHL's website as well as his stats from leagues outside of the NHL from hockeyreference.com as a reference to the 3 seasons (1923-24, 1924-25, 1925-26) in the WHL that he's being incorrectly credited for as NHL stats.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by scootermojo; 10-13-2017 at 09:58 PM.
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:52 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, got that one already, the Saskatoon seasons were set to Montreal in the database, it'll be in the next update.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:03 AM   #19
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, got that one already, the Saskatoon seasons were set to Montreal in the database, it'll be in the next update.
Sorry, didn't know if the other place I posted it in was in the right thread. Thanks.
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #20
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Taylor Fedun on Buffalo is listed as a 84 in fhm4 however he is IRL listed as a 88