Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support

Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Lee
Global Moderator

Post TBCB 2013 issues here

Starting this thread for any issues you run across. They will be copied to the beta thread as reported
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Starting this thread for any issues you run across. They will be copied to the beta thread as reported
The license box on the Mac version isn't working properly, backspace and copy/paste are not working and I can't select the text, making it very hard to actually play the game as I typed it in wrong the first time

EDIT: After finally finding a work around (selecting offline option and clicking try again highlights the text) it crashes every time i try to start a game. Crash report is attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt tbcb.txt (38.0 KB, 374 views)

Last edited by joetheref; 05-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.
joetheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheref View Post
The license box on the Mac version isn't working properly, backspace and copy/paste are not working and I can't select the text, making it very hard to actually play the game as I typed it in wrong the first time

EDIT: After finally finding a work around (selecting offline option and clicking try again highlights the text) it crashes every time i try to start a game
When you start a new game are importing all fighters, including women?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
When you start a new game are importing all fighters, including women?
It works when importing all fighters but not when some or all are deselected. i have attached a crash report to the post above if it helps
Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
It works when importing all fighters but not when some or all are deselected. i have attached a crash report to the post above if it helps
Wanted to make sure, this is a known issue that is affecting a few of us still, including me and it relates to not importing the women fighters. Paul is aware and for now you can just delete the women's group after import and all will be good.

Thank you
Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

I also get crashes when starting the random fighter generator (the option is named the random fight generator which may need changing) and when clicking the fight card option, and when starting a head to head game

Last edited by joetheref; 05-20-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
I also get crashes when starting the random fighter generator (the option is named the random fight generator which may need changing) and when clicking the fight card option
Can you give me your system specs and I will pass on to Paul?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Have to admit while I like the combat graphics portion of the fight screen I don't like the reduced size of the fighter pics on the sides. There wasn't anything wrong with that in the earlier versions. Is this one of those skinning things? Where is that exactly? Also what happened to the announcer's voice at the end of a fight. I was hoping for more voice not less. Early days though and lots of questions that the beta team has likely already asked. Good start, Paul!

Cap
Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Can you give me your system specs and I will pass on to Paul?
I'm on a 2009 MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.3. If you need any more let me know.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Just tried editing one of the nations and got kicked out.

Cap
Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
I also get crashes when starting the random fighter generator (the option is named the random fight generator which may need changing) and when clicking the fight card option, and when starting a head to head game
Quote:
I'm on a 2009 MacBook Pro running OSX 10.8.3. If you need any more let me know.
Thanks Joe, I posted in the beta forum, thinking Paul may ask for a saved game file, since you have several crashes. The game was tested on Mac, but not likely on the variety of systems the windows version was, but Paul will have a look.

Sorry you are having so many issues with your game thus far.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Just tried editing one of the nations and got kicked out.

Cap
Posted in beta, thanks Cap
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

ok I got one for you Lee.

In the fight card setup after you select your venue date and so on (fight options). The rules listing is set for IBF and there does not appear to be a way to change it (after I change it and hit save) it will show up right but exit out to another fighter and then back to the one you were just at its IBF (if that makes any sense). This will be annoying for those that uses special rules (like with me for tournaments).

Another thing I noticed is that if you apply main event rules to all that means EVERYTHING (including the title itself if there is one) and rounds will be transferred over to the other fight slots. (beware everyone)

Disappointed in no RFG types for the ref's corner, judges etc...but I still have my spreadsheet for that.

I haven't played my first bout yet on this (but will leave strategies ON) from what I have seen so far it looks like a few steps back. The new screen itself is nice and like how they did the fight history (pages instead of scrolling). I have also noticed that the game did crash a few times while setting up the card as well. I'll post more later on.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
ok I got one for you Lee.

In the fight card setup after you select your venue date and so on (fight options). The rules listing is set for IBF and there does not appear to be a way to change it (after I change it and hit save) it will show up right but exit out to another fighter and then back to the one you were just at its IBF (if that makes any sense). This will be annoying for those that uses special rules (like with me for tournaments).
If I get what you are saying you can do one of two things with the fight card.

After you set one up and change the options to what you want (rule set, date, venue, rounds, fighters, update records, etc) and then complete that card. You can exit the card by backing out, then when you select a new card it will have all the information saved from the last one.

Doing it this way you then change date and venue through the edit button, then select you new fighters and the rounds, rules, strategy options, etc will remain the same.

If you bring up a new card and his the clear feature, you have to start over from scratch and redo all options.

If you have a custom rules set make sure you name it (I actually just edited the IBF set to fit my preference) and you should be good.

Quote:
Another thing I noticed is that if you apply main event rules to all that means EVERYTHING (including the title itself if there is one) and rounds will be transferred over to the other fight slots. (beware everyone)

Disappointed in no RFG types for the ref's corner, judges etc...but I still have my spreadsheet for that.

I haven't played my first bout yet on this (but will leave strategies ON) from what I have seen so far it looks like a few steps back. The new screen itself is nice and like how they did the fight history (pages instead of scrolling). I have also noticed that the game did crash a few times while setting up the card as well. I'll post more later on.
Yes, you do have to adjust when using main event options, but again following the method above will eliminate the need to do that.

Let me know how it goes when you run the card, that part has been stable for me throughout testing.

One thing I will ask Paul to look into as we go through this is saving the preferences for the fight card and just having the clear button clear the fighters. That would be an ideal blend of the two ways to set up a card now.

Edit: Forget the RFG for non fighter personnel, unfortunately that was something that was never planned for this version as the focus was on the port, but I will start a new suggestions thread for TBCB 3

Last edited by Lee; 05-20-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

just messed with it for a minute but the most glaring issue I see so far is that every time I exit the game then go back in it asks for my license again

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Bros View Post
just messed with it for a minute but the most glaring issue I see so far is that every time I exit the game then go back in it asks for my license again
Logged in beta forum
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Bros View Post
As indicated I logged this, but directed another user with this issue to follow the steps below. Let me know if that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul
Go to My Documents/config and check out settings.cfg. Your serial number should be in there... Once you shut down the game, check this file. If the serial number is not there this will be why it keeps asking.

Try going into the options dialog and change something as it will force a write of the config file.

If that file is missing/incomplete scan your disk to make sure there are not any errors.

Let me know what happens.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #18
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Text error lee the fight was stopped by ref %refx% due to accidental head butt.
first error message I saw sorry didn't save it (trying a few experiments on this thing)
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
Text error lee the fight was stopped by ref %refx% due to accidental head butt.
first error message I saw sorry didn't save it (trying a few experiments on this thing)
That one I can locate in the text database. I will be continuing to tighten the text up between now and official release and will let Paul know when to upload it prior. Thanks for spotting that.

Edit - Found and fixed

Last edited by Lee; 05-21-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #20
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

I just bounced into a uni(from 2.5) where I have Eddie Futch and Joe Souza assigned to every fighter rated over a 7. Suddenly the trainer for that few thousand fighters is Goody Petronelli & the cut man is Pat Burns.

I certainly understand marketing a new product, but why would it change my old one? I spent many, many hours working on my data base for that uni. This honestly pisses me off.