Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 07-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #21
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Curious. In the past, a solo player could setup his league as if it were an online league and direct his league upload path (am I using that term correctly) to his own local hard drive, much like was possible in 6.5<

Is this routine possible with this version in order to make use of these utilities?
Absolutely it is possible!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #22
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Absolutely it is possible!
If it's not too lengthy and not too much trouble, would you mind laying out the steps to set it up for the solo user? It'd be a great addition and a way to expand the experience to a wider audience.

Thanks, Alan.

and thanks, fhomess, for the contribution!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #23
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
If it's not too lengthy and not too much trouble, would you mind laying out the steps to set it up for the solo user? It'd be a great addition and a way to expand the experience to a wider audience.

Thanks, Alan.

and thanks, fhomess, for the contribution!
Well, there are three sections of things that you upload for online leagues that Statslab seems to tie into. The SQL export, the HTML reports and the League file (league.tar.gz).

Some parts of the Statslab utility I am not sure that a single player would really care about (export status, online draft, end of season award voting and all star award voting), since most of those are available within game when just caring about yourself. Everything else I could see being interesting for single user play as well. So you can enable or disable the parts that you do not care about.

Now to get the info out of OOTP for a single play user, most of it is pretty similar to how you would do it for online league play:

SQL exports: 1) Go to Game Setup and on the Major League Setup page, simply click on the Import/Export button and choose "Create SQL dump for MySQL. This will end up putting a ton of *.mysql.sql files in your saved_games/league.lg/import_export folder. These files need to simply be moved to the directory you want to use for your SQL upload that you configued in the statslab utility. (or you probably can just use this directory if you are doing the entire thing from this system).

HTML reports: Go to Global setup -> Online Options. You do not have to enable online league mode to create the HTML reports. You can simply just click on the create/upload reports button there.

League File: I am not sure you really need this, I don't know if statslab would choke on not having a league file there in your directory. You could likely just zip up your league.lg folder into a league.tar.gz format and then put it into a directory and never update it again. I might be wrong on that.

So that is all you need for the statslab to get the info it needs from OOTP. The only other catch you will have is for it to work properly, you will need some form of Mysql database running on your computer. There are various free ones around that you could likely use but since this application is designed to use mysql, you have to leave the database running for the application to function properly. You also need some form of http server running on the system that can handle PHP as well. I do not believe that it will work just like clicking on a .html file on your computer.

So for single player, you probably are better off at still uploading everything to a webserver instead, but you don't have to if you don't want to.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #24
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the info, Alan. Certainly something I'll have to mull over before I know enough to know what i don't know. But I'll ask at that point.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Last edited by endgame; 07-03-2009 at 04:48 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #25
hank9481
Major Leagues

I'm having all kinds of issues with the install as I am unsure what some of the directions are telling me to do. Can I get some help, maybe a PM with an IM screenname?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #26
hank9481
Major Leagues

I get a 500 internal server error when loading SQL the very first time, then when I attempt to access the admin page, it says I must be a commissioner. I am the commissioner though. I don't get it.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #27
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank9481 View Post
I get a 500 internal server error when loading SQL the very first time, then when I attempt to access the admin page, it says I must be a commissioner. I am the commissioner though. I don't get it.
After the first SQL load, it should kick you back out to the login page so you can login and it knows that you're the commish. Then you can click back over to the admin page pretty easily.

However, if you're getting an error, it's not making it all the way through. If you shoot me a PM with a link to your install, I would be happy to try to help you through these issues via PM on these forums if that works for you. I don't use IM.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #28
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I noticed that development is spelled wrong on two different league sites using this tool.

Coincidence or is it the Statslab package?
Attached Images
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #29
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

It took several attempts to get this set up a few days ago, but I restarted today because I wanted to redo the player dev data in sequential order from previous sims. I deleted all the statslab files, dumped all the mysql tables, uploaded my older sql data files, then redid the install steps.

Note: A few days back I also had that 'you are not a commish' admin page loop, the only way I could get around was to undo all I had done restart from scratch.

Anyway, today I got this message using the same install info that worked a few days back. Any idea's of what would cause this?

Could it possibly be my slightly older sql files? Other than that there was no difference in my install process. As you can see this won't allow me to do my initial "Load SQL Files" button step. I have tried the total reinstall (drop tables, delete all files and upload statslab again) and that is not working today, same num_row error. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated:-).
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #30
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Never mind my last post question (pst#29) - manually deleting the 2 cookies this app creates solved my mysql_num_rows error. That is probably a helpful tip for a few of these unusual issues:-).
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #31
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'd love an easy way to use this for a solo league.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm computer literate enough to use mysql

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #32
dangarion
All Star Reserve

So if you have coaches and scouts off the development part is basically useless with how OOTP works (unless you care about year to year). Right?
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #33
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
So if you have coaches and scouts off the development part is basically useless with how OOTP works (unless you care about year to year). Right?

No, it keeps track of it sim to sim. Players ratings and talents go up and down all of the time. OOTP just reports on it in the development reports infrequently. There is actually alot of development that occurs behind the scenes.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #34
locust9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ditto with an easy to do setup for solo play.. on the mac. . Right now it looks like the closest thing we'll get to catobase for 10, and that would truly be a blessing!
locust9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #35
eodgooch
Minors (Single A)

How difficult would it be to put several years of development that I have for my online league into this database? It would be a waste to get rid of all that valuable information. I can write my own scripts to inject the data I was just wondering if this was taken into consideration at all.

Just to clarify this would be going from Getch's utility and csv files to this sql DB.

Last edited by eodgooch; 07-06-2009 at 10:41 AM.
eodgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #36
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodgooch View Post
How difficult would it be to put several years of development that I have for my online league into this database? It would be a waste to get rid of all that valuable information. I can write my own scripts to inject the data I was just wondering if this was taken into consideration at all.

Just to clarify this would be going from Getch's utility and csv files to this sql DB.
Getch's util contains all the data you'd need to put it in this SQL database. A script would have to be written to extract the data from getch's individual player development files and generate the SQL insert statements, then load that into the DB.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #37
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Ok just going to free flow some observations and some suggestions. Just to give you a background I used to run BOSI for the RWBL as well, so I have used tools like this in the past.

It would be nice if the tool would show the SQL import progress. Especially since the import of a large league (that has the full MLB history data) takes upwards of 10 minutes.

Also if there is an issue with a SQL import is there a way to revert and do it again?

I'm also having some type of issue with the financials since my SQL Log keeps showing this for all the teams in the league.
Code:
LOADING: team_last_financials.mysql.sql ... 237
   insert into `team_last_financials` VALUES (31, 41306087, 29565975, 16372701, 0, 0, 0, 10000000, 79733000, 7200000, 0, 2630961, 0, 0, 0, 0.0000, 0, 0, 91200000, 0, 0, ,1,1);
 -> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1,1)' at line 1
   insert into `team_last_financials` VALUES (32, 44920259, 34783500, 21813997, 0, 0, 0, 10000000, 95662500, 7930000, 0, 2861163, 0, 0, 0, 0.0000, 0, 0, 108200000, 0, 0, ,1,1);
 -> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1,1)' at line 1
   insert into `team_last_financials` VALUES (33, 41306087, 29565975, 18711658, 0, 0, 0, 10000000, 81197000, 8970000, 0, 2630961, 0, 0, 0, 0.0000, 0, 0, 94500000, 0, 0, ,1,1);
   insert into `team_last_financials` VALUES (34, 51794560, 45218550, 25992582, 0, 0, 0, 10000000, 123155308, 7280000, 0, 2999106, 0, 0, 0, 0.0000, 0, 0, 135500000, 0, 0, ,1,1);
   insert into `team_last_financials` VALUES (35, 44920259, 34783500, 22734952, 0, 0, 0, 10000000, 97257500, 8000000, 0, 2861163, 0, 0, 0, 0.0000, 0, 0, 109900000, 0, 0, ,1,1);
   insert into `team_last_financials` VALUES (36, 57363462, 45218550, 31280296, 0, 0, 0, 10000000, 136253500, 7590000, 0, 3321567, 0, 0, 0, 0.0000, 0, 0, 149200000, 0, 0, ,1,1);
I know there are team filters but it would also be nice to see all the data without a filter, and even positional filters in the areas that it's possible (any area that has the drop downs to only via each team, career metrics, development, ratings).

I know you did it for security reasons, but all the blank fields on the admin screen can be sort of confusing to people, especially to those that are used to seeing information in fields like that listed in other web scripts (phpBB, etc). Maybe include some text that they are blank for security reasons, still difficult to tell if the settings are correct though, not sure what you could do.

Talking about security, I've been forced to move our league exports to a separate UNIX user on the server, and unfortunately that makes it impossible for the script to see the folders that user has access to (the commish user is the web access account, and the export user only has access to it's own folders, unsure if there is a way to work around that with the export tracker or not, don't worry about it, just thought I would mention it.) I'm guessing there wouldn't be a way for me to resolve this unless if I did it on my own by like running a cron job or something, but even that would be a PITA.

Overall this tool is awesome! Really like what I'm seeing, and love that it was integrated in with the existing league reports.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #38
dangarion
All Star Reserve

One more thing. I've also noticed that sometimes after it has appeared to run it's course of importing, if I attempt to go back to it, it hangs for quite sometime. I'm wondering if that is because it's actually still importing (this is why showing the activity might be useful. I wish the SQL files were so big, this is a pretty big import compared to what I'm used to.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #39
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Ah i got another one. If you go to career metrics and look at the team index. The W-L record for all the teams in 2008 is messed up.

Minnesota Twins History - Index - StatsLab for OOTPX
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #40
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Last one! I promise!

I didn't read anywhere in the manual about having to go to the Development Tracker admin and checking boxes to get the development to actually show. That explains why I wasn't able to see development.