Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 8 > FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 07-31-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
CapsFan
Bat Boy

Trade Offer Screen Bug

I just started a new Standard Game with the Washington Capitals. When I try trade offers on the Trade Offer screen, after adding players/draft picks to both team fields, when I select "Offer Trade" in the Action menu, everything exits out to the Manager home screen and the trade is not offered. So I cannot finalize trades. Also, the Finalize Trade and Force Trade options are always grayed out.

Also, when I am offered a trade and go to the Trade Offer screen by negotiating the trade, the trade will be listed as accepted by the other team, but still the Finalize Trade and Force Trade options are still grayed out, so I can't finalize the trade.

The only way I can complete a trade is if a team offers a trade through my messages and I select Complete Trade directly from the message.

Is this a bug in my game only?

Thanks for your help!
CapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:47 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

I think you're misunderstanding how trades work.

When you "Offer" the trade, it will send you back to the home screen. The team involved will take a few days to think about it and then get back to you. If they accept (or deny, answers come through messages) and you choose to try and negotiate it again, they may refuse it because their circumstances/things they have lined up have changed.

Trades CAN happen immediately (or rather responses will come immediately) on special days (like Trade Deadline or Draft Dray). Otherwise, it'll take some time.

Last edited by Adam B; 07-31-2022 at 11:48 PM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:55 PM   #3
CapsFan
Bat Boy

I wasn't sure if this was how it was supposed to work with FHM 8, vs the immediate trade response with OOTP.

This clears it up. Thanks for the response!
CapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:42 AM   #4
jumpSeat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan View Post
I wasn't sure if this was how it was supposed to work with FHM 8, vs the immediate trade response with OOTP.

This clears it up. Thanks for the response!
All's well that ends well!
jumpSeat is offline   Reply With Quote