Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 8 > FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:11 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Reporting and File Uploading Instructions

Welcome to the FHM8 bug report and support forum. Thanks for your purchase; we hope that you'll be happy with what we've done with this version of the game. We'll be monitoring this forum frequently to help with any problems you experience. Please be as detailed as possible when reporting problems; the more information we get, the better.

Often, we'll need to have a look at your savegame to evaluate the problem. If you're not sure where to find your saved_games directory, the easiest method is to go to the Start screen, then Settings - Troubleshooting and Open Customizable Data Folder. You'll be able to see your saved_games folder from there; the individual saves have .lg extensions.

For some types of problems, the only way we can help you is to see your league files. OOTP Developments uses FTP to allow customers to send us files. Below are instructions for sending us your league files:

Below are instructions on sending us the save via our ftp site; you can also use any file sharing service (dropbox, google drive, or so on) and send the link to me either in a forum PM or an email to jeff@ootpdevelopments.com.

Windows FTP Instructions:

In the saved_games folder you'll see folders that end in ".lg". Find the folder that corresponds to the league with this problem and zip or rar all of the files inside that folder.

You do not need to include the contents of the sub-folders unless we specifically ask for them! Leaving the graphics folder out will make a huge difference in the size of the file, so you don't want to include that unnecessarily.

Unless you have an ftp program, one way to get to the ftp site is as follows: Open up Windows File Explorer (Windows Explorer if you're not using Windows 10) by right-clicking the start menu and then choose "File Explorer". At the top in the address bar, paste over top whatever is in there with "ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/fhm/saved_games/"

After you do that, hit the Enter key and wait a moment and it should load the ftp site, and you can click and drag or copy and paste your zip/rar file to it. Then just let us know what the name of your upload was.

Mac FTP Instructions:

There's no built-in way to upload your league files to our ftp server, so you'll need some third party software, like the free Cyberduck or Filezilla

Once you have an ftp program to use, then you'll need to find your saved game so that you can upload it. Here's how:

To begin, you'll need to zip up the league files first and then you can upload them. Here's how to find and zip up the files:
1) Open up a Finder window and go to the Go menu and hold down the option key (or alt key).
2) Now select Library from the menu (it's hidden if you don't hold down the option key).
3) From there, open up Application Support, then Out of the Park Developments, Franchise Hockey Manager 8 and finally saved_games.
4) In the saved_games folder you'll see folders that end in ".lg". Open the folder that corresponds to the league you need to send us.
5) Zip up all of the files in the main folder (you do not need to include the contents of the sub-folders unless we specifically ask for them - leaving the graphics folder out will make a huge difference in the size of the file, so you don't want to include that unnecessarily.)
6) Finally, rename the zip file to something more descriptive of your league. (By default, the file is called Archive.zip.) Now transfer this zip file via your ftp program.

If you're using Cyberduck: (https://cyberduck.io), the procedure is:

When you start up Cyberduck, click on 'Open Connection'.

Set the server to be: 'ootpsupport.com'

Navigate to the 'incoming\fhm\saved_games' folder.

Make sure you have 'Anonymous Login' checked.

Copy and paste or click-and-drag your zipped save into that folder.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
Bones26
Minors (Single A)

Manual Error

Not really a bug report, just bringing to your attention a small error I noticed in the game manual.

Under the game ratings section and the Offensive Game Ratings section it reads"...performing defensively..." when that should read I presume 'offensively'.

Not a biggie, but just a housekeeping suggestion.

Cheers!
Bones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones26 View Post
Manual Error

Not really a bug report, just bringing to your attention a small error I noticed in the game manual.

Under the game ratings section and the Offensive Game Ratings section it reads"...performing defensively..." when that should read I presume 'offensively'.

Not a biggie, but just a housekeeping suggestion.

Cheers!
Thanks, fixed now.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
Bones26
Minors (Single A)

Notes Feature

Again, not suggesting this is a bug, but the Notes feature does not allow one to create a note for the next year.

Example: when trying to create a note/reminder for 2022 the drop down menu does not allow for that option.

Cheers!
Bones26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #5
Edster007
All Star Starter

Just sim'd from 1970 to 1981 two times just to see output. Both times the sim stopped in 1974 and 1977 for invalid playoff format. They were "out of the box" sims no adjustments or editing on my part. This used to happen in 7 with the WHA
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Just sim'd from 1970 to 1981 two times just to see output. Both times the sim stopped in 1974 and 1977 for invalid playoff format. They were "out of the box" sims no adjustments or editing on my part. This used to happen in 7 with the WHA
Did you have historical league editing turned on, Ed? I think I know what that might be, although it was supposed to have the opposite effect.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones26 View Post
Again, not suggesting this is a bug, but the Notes feature does not allow one to create a note for the next year.

Example: when trying to create a note/reminder for 2022 the drop down menu does not allow for that option.

Cheers!
Oops, looks like it goes backwards instead of forwards, we'll fix that.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:36 PM   #8
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Did you have historical league editing turned on, Ed? I think I know what that might be, although it was supposed to have the opposite effect.

I will take a look when i get back to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2021, 05:41 PM   #9
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
You are correct it was on, but I didn't edit anything.

I will say one thing if Fred Glover did as well irl as he did with the Seals in these test sims they may have never moved to Cleveland-but there was still Charlie Finley...
Old 10-26-2021, 06:19 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, the problem is that, with editing on, the NHL not changing its structure (so no switch in 74 from 2 divisions to 4), but changing to a playoff system that requires that new structure. We're going to have to work out a way to avoid that with the default choices. But switching the playoff system manually (or manually editing the league structure) will let you continue.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:56 PM   #11
Heinz57
Bat Boy

How do I transfer a save file to a new PC?
Heinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:21 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz57 View Post
How do I transfer a save file to a new PC?
Just copy the subfolder with the save (it'll have the save's name with a .lg extension) from the save folder on the old computer (usually \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 8\saved_games) and put it in the same folder on the new one.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:58 PM   #13
mikeryanscott
Bat Boy

I installed Ventura on Mac this evening and now every time I try to start any OOTP or FHM game it tells me:

“OOTP Baseball 23” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
mikeryanscott is offline   Reply With Quote