Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 8 > FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 04-11-2022, 11:29 AM   #1
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Open offers bug

Hello,

I talked about this in one of my post in the discussions sub forum, but thought it would be better if it was posted in a separate bug topic here for visibility. I'll edit my last post in the discussions subforum to avoid redundance, sorry about that.

I frequently have to restart the game because of blocked money in the "open offers" section in the free agents centre.

I had $252.492 available to sign free agents. I offered a $106.000 contract to a player, that he found acceptable :

But the player came a few days later with a counter offer, and when I clicked on "negociate" to see what he was demanding now, there was no counter offer at all, he told me directly that he wasn't interested anymore.

The problem is that the offer correctly disappears from the open offers screen, but the $106.000 are still counted as offered and are lost, and thus I can't use this money to sign other players, it simply vanishes. Here is a screenshot of this happening : https://imgur.com/NeYGg5C

I'm left with $146.492 despite not having signed the player who already signed elsewhere.

It's like the player comes to you to negociate further, but don't negociate anything and tells you he's not interested anymore, then steals your $106.000 and sign with another team, leaving you with nothing at the end.

Quitting the game and reloading fixes it and reset the amount correctly to $252.492 , but it's a bit annoying in the offseason when you play in Europe and have to sign a lot of free agents. I had to restart the game several times during this offseason in order to be able to build my team.

I also noticed that every team in my league have the same rank concerning the budget in the Finances screen. For example I'm supposed to have the 6th highest budget of the league, but every team in my league will curiously also be ranked 6th. On the other hand the player payroll rank works correctly though, only the overall budget is affected

I hope those informations can help, cheers !

Last edited by Félicette; 04-11-2022 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Formatting
Félicette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Another weird thing just happened with my budget :

I had a players payroll of $2.217.840, for a budget of $2.250.706. One of my players had a contract of $39.000 per year, but just left the team for the NHL. I now have $311.866 to spend on free agents, despite this amount exceeding by far my allowed budget. I should be able to spend $71.866 on free agents according to my budget, not $311.866 . Restarting the game did not correct the amount this time.

https://i.imgur.com/3NCenmo.png

Last edited by Félicette; 04-11-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:46 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload the save where both of those things occurred? I'd like to see some of the exact details of the player contracts and movement.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the save where both of those things occurred? I'd like to see some of the exact details of the player contracts and movement.

Hi Jeff !

Thanks a lot for your time and answer. Sure thing, I uploaded the save, the name of the file is "worldofhockey.lg.rar"

Thanks again for your work man, I'm loving the game so far

Last edited by Félicette; 08-23-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:54 AM   #5
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Hi Jeff, just wondering if you had time to take a look at this open offers weirdness and if I can do something to prevent it
Old 04-22-2022, 04:14 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think it's working correctly now. I just checked it, and when I got a player to reject the first submitted offer, the inital offer amount was added back to "Money for FA's."
Old 08-23-2022, 09:23 AM   #7
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Hi !

Just letting you know that I run into the same problems in my new save playing in Europe. I have to restart the game each and every time in order to have the correct "Money for FA's" amount after a player changes his mind and refuses my offer. It doesn't reset itself to the correct amount if I don't restart the game, it's really tedious during the offseason.

Also, one of my player signed in the NHL, and I again was granted "phantom money" that allowed me to exceed my initial wage budget : https://imgur.com/a/vHovA1O

It doesn't seems to be league specific, I ran into the same problem in ICEHL and Allsvenskan

Last edited by Félicette; 08-23-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:40 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, sounds like it's only updating properly after a reload in that situation, we'll have to check on that when we're testing 9.

The money you get when losing a player to the NHL is intended - that's the agreed-upon transfer fee between the NHL and most European leagues, you get it when an NHL team signs your player like that.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:42 PM   #9
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
OK, sounds like it's only updating properly after a reload in that situation, we'll have to check on that when we're testing 9.

The money you get when losing a player to the NHL is intended - that's the agreed-upon transfer fee between the NHL and most European leagues, you get it when an NHL team signs your player like that.

Glad to read it will be looked into !

Oh, thanks for the heads up concerning the money you get when you lose a player to the NHL. I did not think about that, that makes sense.