Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 8 > FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:49 AM   #1
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Can't sign 23 years old undrafted player

Hi !

Not sure if it's a bug or if I'm missing something, but for some reason I can't sign this player : https://imgur.com/a/R1n4bVJ

He's 23 years old, went undrafted, don't currently plays in the KHL, and for some reasons his NHL rights aren't "free", there is nothing in his contract right tab.

When I try to sign him a pop-up tells me I can't sign him because I don't own his NHL rights, but no other team does. Am I missing something or are his rights bugged ?

Thanks !
Félicette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:10 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, something's definitely broken with his rights, he should've become free as soon as he passed through the draft; the only way around that would be if he somehow wasn't eligible for the draft in the first place, but I see no reason why that would be the case.

If you look on the edit screen (bottom-right corner), what does it say under his rights there?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #3
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, something's definitely broken with his rights, he should've become free as soon as he passed through the draft; the only way around that would be if he somehow wasn't eligible for the draft in the first place, but I see no reason why that would be the case.

If you look on the edit screen (bottom-right corner), what does it say under his rights there?

Hi Jeff. So I checked the edit screen and all his rights are set to "none".

I also noticed that he was far from being the only player concerned, I spotted several cases of unsignable overaged players in the Swiss NLA, the SHL, the DEL, the Ligue Magnus and the Czech league. Several players per teams in those leagues. Haven't checked the other leagues yet but I assume all Europe is concerned. I'm playing a standard game in challenge mode, and we're in 2029 if that can help.

Last edited by Félicette; 07-27-2022 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Odd. Can you upload that save? I'd like to have a look and see if I can find if they have anything in common that might be making them ineligible for the NHL draft and thus breaking their rights settings.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
Félicette
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Odd. Can you upload that save? I'd like to have a look and see if I can find if they have anything in common that might be making them ineligible for the NHL draft and thus breaking their rights settings.

Sure thing ! I uploaded the save with the name "NHLrightsbug.lg" without the graphics folder.

I first spotted the bug trying to sign a player from Lugano in NLA, you'll find several players on this particular team with the same problem.

So I was curious and checked other euro teams and leagues and found the same odd bug on almost every team I looked.

I hope it helps !
Old 07-29-2022, 03:47 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

It looks like there's a group of real players in the starting database that don't, for some reason, become eligible for the NHL draft in what should be there draft year. So they never go through the process that marks all draft-eligible players as NHL free agents if they're not selected.

Exactly why, though, isn't clear. It's definitely not a widespread problem; the vast majority of players work properly; it's just a few guys that this happens to, and it's happening to them in every game. Doesn't seem to be something that's happening after the game starts, since the players have various career paths in different games and it doesn't seem to make any difference. So it's something in the starting data that's wrong, but I haven't found it yet - there's no obvious common factor: the players are of different nationalities, playing in different leagues, have different birth years, etc. And some of them are being chosen in other drafts like the CHL Import Draft, so it seems to be exclusive to the NHL draft. I'll keep looking.