Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation IMPORTANT: Info about the public beta release today!

OK guys, later today (noon / afternoon ET) we will release the Final Beta of OOTP 21 to the friendly folks who have pre-ordered. In order for things to go smoothly, please read on.

1) Locate your serial number, you will need it today. You can find it in the confirmation email of your purchase in the Fastspring webstore. The serial number looks like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

If you cannot find the confirmation email, no problem. Fastspring/QLM has an after-purchase-support page, where you can find all your orders and receipts online. Please open the after-sales-support page here. There is a button that emails you your serial number.

2) We will send you an email to the email account you used for ordering once the game is ready to go (probably in the afternoon ET). The email will include the link to the setup files (one each for PC & Mac). You should, to be sure, check your spam folders too when looking for the email. Also, if you unsubscribed our newsletter in the past couple of years, you will not receive an email because you are blocked from our list. If that is the case, please check this forum, we will have a sticky post containing the links.

3) After you have downloaded and installed the game (if you may get a Windows Defender warning when running the installer, click the "More Info" link and then the button to run the app anyway), the main screen will have the buttons "Purchase" and "Enter License Key" enabled. Click on the latter button, and then enter your license key into the box which comes up. You can use copy & paste, pasting on the PC works by hitting CTRL + V, on the Mac it's Cmd(Apple) + V. Again, the serial looks like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX ... the complete string is needed! Make sure you have no white spaces at the beginning or end.

4) It may take a few tries to activate the game, the servers will probably be rather busy. Unfortunately, this is out of our control, so you may have to be a bit patient. If you are having consistent trouble, please try disabling your firewall / virus scanner for the activation process.

5) If you still have problems activating the game, please read the following article in our knowledge base: Activation Problems - Help Desk

6) Please do not post bugs on this general forum! Post bug reports here: OOTP 21 Bug Reports and follow the bug reporting guidelines! Bugs related to Perfect Team go to the PT 21 bug report forum.

Alright, that's it I guess. We will monitor the forums over the week and fix all bugs that get properly reported to our support team. On Wednesday & possibly Thursday we'll release a beta patch. Then on Friday we will release the final game (including bug fixes) to the masses.

We are very proud of OOTP 21, and we hope it will give you some joy in these tough times. Stay safe and have fun!

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Andreas Raht; 03-17-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:55 AM   #2
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Congrats Markus and team on your shiny new 21 release.

Wishing you the best and a record breaking in sales! You deserve it.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
Jonesy_31
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Perfect Team Question

If I log into Perfect Team during the Beta, will I be wasting my gold packs that I am to receive upon login? Or do these gold packs only become available upon full release of the game on Friday?
Jonesy_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

With being told to stay home from work and OOTP beta being released today I am in Heaven, this version sounds just amazing and Congrats on one upping your self again.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy_31 View Post
If I log into Perfect Team during the Beta, will I be wasting my gold packs that I am to receive upon login? Or do these gold packs only become available upon full release of the game on Friday?
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=311418

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
tshipl68
Minors (Double A)

Has the License Key

Hello
Has anyone gotten the License Key yet or its going come soon
Thanks
Thomas
tshipl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:08 PM   #7
SouthernStar71
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshipl68 View Post
Hello
Has anyone gotten the License Key yet or its going come soon
Thanks
Thomas
It is in the email where u pre-ordered.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:26 PM   #8
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Can I transfer my current single saved game from ootp 20 into this ootp 21 beta release? If so, will I be able to then load the saved game into the official ootp 21 on Friday? With no lost data, no problems, etc.

EDIT: I got my answer from this link: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=311365

It seems that what I asked can be done, but a good portion/most people don't recommend bringing a saved game into the beta version. Of course, I could always make a copy of my current saved game, but I can wait 3 more days. 2 bottles of NyQuil should keep me passed out until about 12pm on Friday, right?

Last edited by ALB123; 03-17-2020 at 12:43 PM.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #9
tshipl68
Minors (Double A)

didnt get conformation email !

I didn't get a conformation email when I pre-order on 3rd of month
what wrong with getting a conformation email
Thanks
Thomas
Old 03-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #10
tshipl68
Minors (Double A)

I know I pre-order heres my credit card
order
FS *OOTPDEVELOPMENT,877-3278914,CA CASH PURCHASE $39.23
Old 03-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshipl68 View Post
I didn't get a conformation email when I pre-order on 3rd of month
what wrong with getting a conformation email
Thanks
Thomas
If you ordered but didn't get an email, it's likely that it got lost in your spam filters somewhere.

If you don't have a mail with the download links, send me an email or a PM with your order number (if you have it) and/or your email address, and I'll try to look up your order and get you your serial number.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:55 PM   #12
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
Can I transfer my current single saved game from ootp 20 into this ootp 21 beta release? If so, will I be able to then load the saved game into the official ootp 21 on Friday? With no lost data, no problems, etc.

EDIT: I got my answer from this link: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=311365

It seems that what I asked can be done, but a good portion/most people don't recommend bringing a saved game into the beta version. Of course, I could always make a copy of my current saved game, but I can wait 3 more days. 2 bottles of NyQuil should keep me passed out until about 12pm on Friday, right?

Honestly I recommend Waiting till after release but I don't always followed my own recommendation, it always helps to play around with new features before playing with your own solo save so you know how they work.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #13
tshipl68
Minors (Double A)

email is tws_68@yahoo.com I sent your my credit card information that I pay for it pre-order
didn't get a comformation email when I order
Thanks
Thomas
Old 03-17-2020, 07:07 PM   #14
bbghost
Bat Boy

Unable to Activate OOTP Baseball 21 Linux Version

I've purchased OOTP 21 and am unable to activate it on Linux, specifically Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I've noticed that my license key appears to be for "Out of the Park Baseball 21 [PC & Mac]", but my impression was that it would be usable for Linux as well. Is that not the case? If it isn't the case, would it be possible for me to get a license key that will work on Linux as well?

Note that I've tried both the offline activation and the tool that allowed me to generate a license key; neither worked.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
bbghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:22 PM   #15
Vaspirate
Bat Boy

I have not received my download link. who do I need to talk to.
Vaspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaspirate View Post
You can use the links posted in the other thread: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=311486

Sometimes the email from us could get trapped in a spam filter or not reach you for another reason.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:56 AM   #17
Desolate
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Activation issues.

I have read the above post through and through and still cannot activate my game. The Help Desk has not been updated for 21 yet and that is not to be expected, however, I am trying to figure out why I cannot activate my game and the same steps as above are the same detailed on the help desk.

All the hyperlinks in the helpdesk do not work either, they take you to a webpage that does not work. I am excited to play 21 as I started on 20 and played countless hours. I appreciate your hard work but I would like to be able to play early as this is the reason I preordered.
Desolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:34 AM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate View Post
I have read the above post through and through and still cannot activate my game. The Help Desk has not been updated for 21 yet and that is not to be expected, however, I am trying to figure out why I cannot activate my game and the same steps as above are the same detailed on the help desk.

All the hyperlinks in the helpdesk do not work either, they take you to a webpage that does not work. I am excited to play 21 as I started on 20 and played countless hours. I appreciate your hard work but I would like to be able to play early as this is the reason I preordered.
What happens when you try to activate the game? Send me an email or PM and I'll help.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:34 AM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaspirate View Post
Send me an email or PM if you are still having trouble with your order reference/email you used to purchase the game.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:42 AM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbghost View Post
I've purchased OOTP 21 and am unable to activate it on Linux, specifically Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I've noticed that my license key appears to be for "Out of the Park Baseball 21 [PC & Mac]", but my impression was that it would be usable for Linux as well. Is that not the case? If it isn't the case, would it be possible for me to get a license key that will work on Linux as well?

Note that I've tried both the offline activation and the tool that allowed me to generate a license key; neither worked.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
The linux license is a different purchase. What we'll have to do is issue you a refund and then you can buy the Linux copy of the game. Send me a PM or email with your purchase details and I'll take care of it.