Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

Will PT point balances carry over to OOTP 20

Will out balances carry over to OOTP 20?
BidPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:13 PM   #2
blitzblazin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

They said it wouldnt
blitzblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
zrog2000
All Star Starter

19 will still be running so of course not.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Why would people choose to play one over the other? Why would people put down money for points in 20 if they put down money already in 19?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Why would people choose to play one over the other? Why would people put down money for points in 20 if they put down money already in 19?
I imagine people would choose to play 20 over 19 because of new features and new cards, plus the 19 AH is going to become sparse really quickly. Why wouldn't people put down money in 20? That's a better question.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #6
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I imagine people would choose to play 20 over 19 because of new features and new cards, plus the 19 AH is going to become sparse really quickly. Why wouldn't people put down money in 20? That's a better question.
I worry about after a year when the new one comes out again.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
What are you worried about? Either play or don't play. Either spend money on PP or don't. It's not a life changing event.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I see where the concern comes from. I spent some real coin on 19, but it's up to me to either do that also with 20 or simply play it differently or just stay with 19....we'll see how it goes with 20 and that should set our expectations going forward about how to approach this year after year, at least those that keep up with it.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #9
Neezer
Minors (Double A)

I not worried about the PP I leave on 19. Now that I know more, Im excited about a fresh start from 0 using OOTP20 PT.
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #10
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Seriously? In 3 weeks the leagues in 19 are going to be a ghost town, filled with ghost teams and an empty auction house. Better spend those points now
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #11
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

I also think the AH is going to tap out in 19 quickly. It's why I spent a lot of time trying to build the team I want before the pipeline dries up.

However, I think there is going to be a splintering of players. PT didn't really pick up steam until the $5 Christmas sale. How many of those players will buy the full game for $35 - $40 upon release? And how many "whales", who populate the AH with cards to buy, will be willing to start fresh and pump all that $$ into a new, but similar, team after only a few months game cycle with 19? I predict many will stick with it a good while.. Best case scenario is the mobile app accompanying the release is a major game changer. It's why I hoped the OOTP braintrust would uncouple PT from the base game and make it cheaper since it is not a full version. 35 - 40 bucks is a good leap from 5 dollars for a lotta players.

I think it'll take until the all star break for 20 to take off at the level 19 did. But, definitely spend that PP on targeted cards sooner rather than later.
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:58 PM   #12
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
I also think the AH is going to tap out in 19 quickly. It's why I spent a lot of time trying to build the team I want before the pipeline dries up.

However, I think there is going to be a splintering of players. PT didn't really pick up steam until the $5 Christmas sale. How many of those players will buy the full game for $35 - $40 upon release? And how many "whales", who populate the AH with cards to buy, will be willing to start fresh and pump all that $$ into a new, but similar, team after only a few months game cycle with 19? I predict many will stick with it a good while.. Best case scenario is the mobile app accompanying the release is a major game changer. It's why I hoped the OOTP braintrust would uncouple PT from the base game and make it cheaper since it is not a full version. 35 - 40 bucks is a good leap from 5 dollars for a lotta players.

I think it'll take until the all star break for 20 to take off at the level 19 did. But, definitely spend that PP on targeted cards sooner rather than later.
I think the whales will be the first to jump to 20. They seem to have a lot of discretionary income and its all about the action for them. Understandably. And the action will be in 20. Also the free players will move over. The guy who grudgingly spent $50 in 19 may hang on for a while. Everyone will move over by the all star break.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #13
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

PT needs to become a web based SIM so that buying new software every year isn't necessary. Then they can charge a smaller yearly fee to subscribe to PT leagues. I don't see myself matriculating to OOTP 20 for quite some time, if at all.
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #14
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
PT needs to become a web based SIM so that buying new software every year isn't necessary. Then they can charge a smaller yearly fee to subscribe to PT leagues. I don't see myself matriculating to OOTP 20 for quite some time, if at all.
It would be ideal if they just added new cards from year to year and not created a whole new game. That way people will be more invested both literally and figuratively. They will feel more confident in spending their money on points knowing the game they spent money on will still be supported and popular. Now people are hesitant to spend money on points in 19 knowing that 20 is just around the corner. It will be the same for 20 as well.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #15
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
(emphasis added)

One Word: Tournaments

I intend to purchase 20 solely for this new and unique feature (though I have yet to decide if I will go through Steam or deal with the company directly). Based on my historic game buying habits, it is probably unlikely that I would make this an annual purchase unless there are significant feature changes or I am left with no other choice (ie PT for that year being shut down earlier rather than later).

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #16
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

I have two concerns regarding ongoing PT 1.0 play post the 20 launch.

First, the AH balance and mechanics will change, as fewer packs are opened, fewer cards are sold, and fewer bidders remain as players gradually migrate away from 19 to 20. Rare, historical cards in high demand may essentially vanish, as they remain trapped on inactive teams no longer being managed, and as fewer and fewer enter the universe through new pack purchases.

Secondly, each league will comprise of some number of active, competitive owners aggressively trying to improve their teams, combined with some number of zombie inactive teams, locked permanently into their last roster and lineups. I understand there are already a number of non-managed teams in the PT universe, but the ratio of managed to unmanaged teams will continue to go in the wrong direction with each week post 20 launch.

Does it not make sense to identify inactive teams (perhaps allowing managers to proactively shut them down), so that remaining active managers can be grouped together into leagues to maintain as much competitive balance as possible?
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 PM   #17
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
I have two concerns regarding ongoing PT 1.0 play post the 20 launch.

First, the AH balance and mechanics will change, as fewer packs are opened, fewer cards are sold, and fewer bidders remain as players gradually migrate away from 19 to 20. Rare, historical cards in high demand may essentially vanish, as they remain trapped on inactive teams no longer being managed, and as fewer and fewer enter the universe through new pack purchases.

Secondly, each league will comprise of some number of active, competitive owners aggressively trying to improve their teams, combined with some number of zombie inactive teams, locked permanently into their last roster and lineups. I understand there are already a number of non-managed teams in the PT universe, but the ratio of managed to unmanaged teams will continue to go in the wrong direction with each week post 20 launch.

Does it not make sense to identify inactive teams (perhaps allowing managers to proactively shut them down), so that remaining active managers can be grouped together into leagues to maintain as much competitive balance as possible?

The zombie teams don't concern me too much. In addition, although the influx of cards will greatly slow down, it seems to me it will be a buyers market. If 19 stays up for one more year and just one more year the influx of real dollars and by extension PP will also diminish leaving anyone trying to sell any expensive card no choice but to drop the price. I mean, if you know the servers might be shutdown in several months why layout $300 for a card that's not real and is soon to go away?

Now, I have no way of knowing how it will play out but those are my thoughts.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #18
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
The zombie teams don't concern me too much. In addition, although the influx of cards will greatly slow down, it seems to me it will be a buyers market. If 19 stays up for one more year and just one more year the influx of real dollars and by extension PP will also diminish leaving anyone trying to sell any expensive card no choice but to drop the price. I mean, if you know the servers might be shutdown in several months why layout $300 for a card that's not real and is soon to go away?

Now, I have no way of knowing how it will play out but those are my thoughts.
I think in the end the prices may stay about the same or possibly go up because there will not only be a reduction in buyers but possibly a larger reduction in players available to buy. The big spenders are, I would think, the biggest contributors to the AH while at the same time not being an equal size of buyer on the AH. They are looking for those big name expensive players and probably sell more players (based on packs opened) than they buy. Free teams and even those with smaller amounts of money spent are on the other hand buying more players than selling (or at best, equally buying and selling). So if the big spenders move to 20 and leave 19 behind, the AH will become much smaller as there won't be a large infusion of players. As such, I would think with a smaller supply the prices might stay the same or even go up.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out, but I really think the time to buy is now as the number of interesting quality players could become smaller. The ones that are desired will most likely end up on a team that wants to keep them while the lesser player they replace will be the one that might end up on the AH (or be kept as well). Whether kept or going to AH, you either have a lesser player of value being sold or you don't have the player at all. Both would not be of much value to the guy who's team is already a higher (diamond/perfect) quality.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:27 PM   #19
Izz
Hall Of Famer

We get to keep whatever cards we've collected, even after PT 1.0 is shut down, so you may get some people trying to finish off collections even while playing PT 2.0.

I'm planning on playing both for as long as possible. I've only got 1 team in this PT and will probably only have 1 team in next PT so managing both shouldn't be a problem.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote