Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Trading Deadline Save (with real standings)

As an additional bonus to the final update, we're posting a 2017-18 NHL save file that starts immediately after the trade deadline. (A simulation based on this save appeared on the French-language version of NHL.com on the weekend, https://www.nhl.com/fr/news/lnhcom-s...es/c-296575316)

You can download it at http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/hoc...m_final.lg.rar

Unzip that into your save folder. If you want to take over a team, the game's in commissioner mode so you can choose whichever one you want.

A few important caveats, though:

-the game was created with an updated database and then simmed up to February 25 with trades turned off, then we overwrote the game's standings with the actual real-life ones. Importing player stats would've been a lot more difficult to do (and had some potential to cause game errors), so the ones you see in the save are just the sim results, not the real-life stats. If you want real stat totals, you'll have to add the in-game stats from Feb. 26 onwards to the real numbers as of the 25th.
-the NHL rosters are as accurate as we can get them as of the trading deadline; I edited back any players currently on rosters that the AI moved around while getting to that date. I also removed all the game-created injuries and edited in the actual injuries as of Monday (or at least as much as we know - the "upper body"/"lower body" stuff I just listed as shoulder/knee soreness unless I knew otherwise, and the lengths are obviously a guess. I left out a few that appeared to be extremely minor at the time.) A few people who were injured in the game begin the save on the disabled list with 0 time left, they'll immediately return to the roster once the game is continued.
-some types of player statuses and goalie hotness aren't easily editable, so those start with whatever they were at, so e.g. some goalies are hot/cold and some players are unhappy when they're fine in real life.
-a few details like the new numbers of some traded players weren't known when I edited the file last Tuesday
-it's probably not a great idea to try to play multiyear games with this - or really do much more than simulate/play the rest of the NHL season, given the amount of hacking and trickery we used to make this work. Weird things could happen in later seasons and we haven't tested it for that. It's just a fun way to simulate the remainder of 2017-18 to see if Tampa's really the overwhelming favourite now, whether Vegas keeps winning, and so on.

Have fun, and if anyone can get Vancouver into the playoffs, I'd love to see it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Autumn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Flyers!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
Joogle
Bat Boy

Is there a way to get the nhl logos on the save?
Joogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joogle View Post
Is there a way to get the nhl logos on the save?
Copy them from the.... quickstart_games....Opening Day......Graphics....logo teams folder
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #5
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Erik Kalrsson only 3 games? What was his injury?....It would have been nice if the stats were also edited.

Name:  screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  screenshot_2.jpg
Views: 2165
Size:  138.3 KB
Old 03-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Erik Kalrsson only 3 games? What was his injury?....It would have been nice if the stats were also edited.

Attachment 541165

Attachment 541166
I think if you look at most of the stats, they won't be quite accurate. This is more about current standings and rosters.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:14 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, the injury to Karlsson happened during the simulation process, it ends immediately when the save begins. As I said above, it would've been a lot more difficult to replace all the player stats in the game than it was to switch the team stats, and that wasn't really within the scope of the project (which was just to get a starting point for the nhl.com article on how the rest of the season plays out.)
Old 04-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #8
caca0o
Minors (Rookie Ball)

is not the trade with the players? how to fix it?
caca0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:47 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sorry, I don't understand the question. What are you trying to do?
Old 05-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #10
Rayzor
All Star Starter

FHM4 2018 Stanley Cup

Using the nhl_sim_final that was sent out in the last update, I ran the Stanley Cup Playoff with some big surprises. At the start of the playoffs 4 out 8 rounds match the RL playoffs, from there it got interesting.

Columbus Blue Jackets Stanley Cup Winner

Name:  screenshot_38.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  179.5 KB
Old 05-31-2018, 09:47 PM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

How about one that's as of Stanley Cup with series tied 1/1. If I had Game would continue past season.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #12
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

This is the final update of FHM4?
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:52 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
This is the final update of FHM4?
It's not really an update, just an alternate start file. The 4.7.86 hotfix was the final update.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #14
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Question... so I have loaded fhm 4 twice and tried to load the save file.. .It gets all the way to Finishing loading 62% and then fhm4 stops responding... anyway to get past this or am i the only person that this is happening to
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's still loading properly for me. My first guess would be that something didn't get unpacked properly when you installed the save - have a look at your save folder and check the nhl_sim_final.lg folder to see that everything has unpacked properly into it - you should have 36 .dat files in there.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #16
Spreads
Bat Boy

why can i not trade? i cant even enter into the trade offer menu
Spreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #17
Ant1976
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Link no longer works .
Ant1976 is offline   Reply With Quote