Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Holy Injuries Batman

So I will preface this by saying I have global injuries set to Normal (OOTP Classic). I escaped 2017 without much injury issues (David Wright who is always hurt) and entered the playoffs fairly healthy and lost in the first round to the eventual champs the Dodgers.

It is now 2018 and my team is straight out injured mess. Somehow we are 16-5 but I have 8 players who should be starters on the DL. I checked all the other teams in the league and no one has anything close to the sh*t storm I am experiencing right now. It is at least comforting that the whole league is not going to pot. But this is crazy...
Attached Images
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I only notice injuries when my team gets hit with them too.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Is that screenshot from OOTP or the real New York Mets website?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

It does seem to come in waves sometimes, I've lost my top 3 SP and one of my better power hitters for the season and have 4 other starters out for a few weeks. Plus multiple playable injuries....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Update to my comment, played some last night, was in contention for division or at least wildcard until I had 4 of my original SP go on the 60 day DL (fulmer, verlander, wheeler, & Norris), Justin Wilson for 6 weeks (2nd best reliever on my team, Broxton (3rd best rp), Miguel Cabrera (6 weeks), Justin upton ((2 months), buxton (cf from min) (4 weeks), and multiple "playable" injuries....... this is getting to be a little much IMO

Old 05-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Now I'm 2nd to last in my division.....anyone else have issues? Is it consistent or just season to season?? Most my players are normal or durable.....

Old 05-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #7
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Wow... you and i have similar miseries. I was hoping to bring up Gsellman to take Matz or Wheeler spot but he is also out 9 months. Seth Lugo was my only AAA prospect to start and I let him make 2 and he got rocked. Wheeler should be back at some point and Matz is done for the season. So... luckily the ChiSox seem to take any trade so I dumped 2 minor league free agents I had signed in the offseason (Martin Maldonado and Cesar Hernandez) for 2 middling starters they had in AAA (Beck and Gamboa). Hoping those 2 guys can eat some innings until at least Wheeler can come back. Trying not to trade some of my prospects...
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #8
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgz24 View Post
Now I'm 2nd to last in my division.....anyone else have issues? Is it consistent or just season to season?? Most my players are normal or durable.....

It changes, last 4 years for me in my league, 2 seasons were mostly injury free but last 2 seasons I have lost 3 different people playing closer effectively destroyed my pen & lost me WS, and next season same thing lost closer setup guy lefty setup guy 2 SP for season, 2b 4 months, 2 MR 7 weeks my team went from Losing World Series to having 5.15 Pen era.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH

Last edited by 24Rocks; 05-26-2017 at 12:11 PM.
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #9
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I've mostly stuck to historical with low injury settings, and will probably start the annual serious league around the all-star break. How are injuries in the modern-day leagues, specifically for OF's? In last year's version, I set it to "realistic" and my outfielders always got themselves injured for weeks/months at a time, often while diving for balls in blowout games. If I was lucky, I had 1 starting outfielder when September rolled around.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #10
ederemer
Minors (Single A)

I mean, it does happen. Real life proof would be the Mariners right now. Something like 80% of our starting rotation is on the DL, as well as our starting right fielder. I think a couple of our replacement starters have gotten injured as well. Robinson Cano just came back, our starting short stop was out for two weeks early in the year.

I think it's kinda fun to roll with the punches
ederemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #11
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ederemer View Post
I mean, it does happen. Real life proof would be the Mariners right now. Something like 80% of our starting rotation is on the DL, as well as our starting right fielder. I think a couple of our replacement starters have gotten injured as well. Robinson Cano just came back, our starting short stop was out for two weeks early in the year.

I think it's kinda fun to roll with the punches

True but not as many are the on the 60-day DL.....

Old 05-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #12
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True but not as many are the on the 60-day DL.....

MLB teams don't use the 60 day DL as often as ootp.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/injuries

Plus, this doesn't list certain players who are playing hurt and have no business gripping it and ripping it.
Attached Images
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:10 AM   #14
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post

Plus, this doesn't list certain players who are playing hurt and have no business gripping it and ripping it.
you can't show that! It doesn't fit the "there's too many injuries" narrative lol

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 05-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #15
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
MLB teams don't use the 60 day DL as often as ootp.

I use the 60 day simply because the players are unavailable for 2+ months.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #16
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post

I think the game simulates that with "playable injuries". My main point /minor complaint was that I had a slew of major injuries to a lot of star players. No matter though, I'm just rolling with the punches and looking forward to next season.

Once I lost all my players I went from first in the division too last

Old 05-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #17
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I use the 60 day simply because the players are unavailable for 2+ months.

The purpose of the 60 day, is to remove the player from the 40-man so you can add someone to it. You can always transfer to the 60-day later, so I only move players there if I need the roster spot

Old 05-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #18
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The purpose of the 60 day, is to remove the player from the 40-man so you can add someone to it. You can always transfer to the 60-day later, so I only move players there if I need the roster spot

But if they will be out for over 60-days with an non playable injury than what's the difference? Regardless my point was those players were unavailable for months....wether they were on 60-day or 10-day

Old 05-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #19
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But if they will be out for over 60-days with an non playable injury than what's the difference? Regardless my point was those players were unavailable for months....wether they were on 60-day or 10-day

well a couple reasons, if there's a miraculous recovery, you're stuck with the player on the DL. Always best to be safe than sorry. Also the AI would be inclined to fill the 40-man so you'd have to deal with unneccesarily waiving a player later on. but if you control everything, that won't matter.

ultimately i couldn't give two poos what you do. You just seemed to have a misconception about the purpose of the 60-day

Old 05-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #20
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
well a couple reasons, if there's a miraculous recovery, you're stuck with the player on the DL. Always best to be safe than sorry. Also the AI would be inclined to fill the 40-man so you'd have to deal with unneccesarily waiving a player later on. but if you control everything, that won't matter.

ultimately i couldn't give two poos what you do. You just seemed to have a misconception about the purpose of the 60-day

I understand the 60-day vs 10-day, but thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I've had so many that I need the additional 40- man slots. Also I manage my 40-man so the AI wouldn't add players to it.

Does the miraculous recovery actually happen? I never had that so far but I would certainly welcome it.

Thx for the tips