Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

Can you delete a feeder league?

i looked through the manual and didnt see any info re this. anybody know if this is possible? If it is, how do you do it?
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Can you not just do it the way you would any other league? Are you asking about the impact that doing this would have on your draft or what will happen to the players and coaches in those leagues?

You would have to first decide what to do with the players. Either delete them or have them become free agents. I would advise against the second option: most of these players will never be picked up by any team and will just clog up your league.

If you decide to delete them, go into commissioner mode. Then, from the interface select the league you are about to delete. Then, from the League drop down menu, choose Players, and from that drop down, choose List of All Players in the league. From that list do a mass select, right click over any players name. You'll see a context menu that shows the number of players selected and options to retire, delete, and another option or two. Choose delete. Poof. They are gone.

Next, go to the league settings. In the available actions there is an option to delete the league. You'll get a popup telling you that all players will be released to the free agent pool. This is OK, as you just deleted them all. The league will then be deleted.

Do this for whichever feeders you want to delete.

Now, you'll need to make sure that you haven't messed up your amateur draft. So go to those settings (I believe they are under Options). Make sure that your draft is still set to the number of rounds you want. Also, if you deleted ALL of your feeder leagues, make sure that the draft is set to only take created players.

Unfortunately, there's not much you will be able to do about coaches. You cannot mass select to delete or retire them. They will go into the available personnel pool where they will linger and play dominoes with the other unemployed coaches.

Logo Gallery

Last edited by cavebutter; 01-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #3
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

my issue is that i imported an NCAA template that is too big as my world has grown. Now, the sims take forever BUT when i am in the league settings (i have an association with 8 leagues) i cant find the NCAA feeder template that i brought in. I understand what youre saying in regards to the players and i have a plan for that, but im thinking about the going fwd portion of this thing as it grows. I hit the leagues that i can alter settings for and theyre not there, but when the draft in a lg is enabled it gives me the option to turn that league into a feeder league for the NCAA...i am confused and totally helpless as ive tried all that i know to 1) find the NCAA and 2) to delete it. That make sense?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
my issue is that i imported an NCAA template that is too big as my world has grown. Now, the sims take forever BUT when i am in the league settings (i have an association with 8 leagues) i cant find the NCAA feeder template that i brought in. I understand what youre saying in regards to the players and i have a plan for that, but im thinking about the going fwd portion of this thing as it grows. I hit the leagues that i can alter settings for and theyre not there, but when the draft in a lg is enabled it gives me the option to turn that league into a feeder league for the NCAA...i am confused and totally helpless as ive tried all that i know to 1) find the NCAA and 2) to delete it. That make sense?
Have you tried running the purge tool on the league at all? That will get rid of a lot of old data and any phantom leagues you might have. Just make sure to keep a backup of the original file in case something goes wrong.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:58 PM   #5
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

tried the purge tool...damn ncaas are still there. i do have a question though, as it seems i may have to start this all over from scratch, in an association can i have a draft where it is done via random era real players? Obviously the lg (and assoc) are done via custom set up (fictional players) but is there a way to incorporate them into the assoc once it gets some years under its belt? Im starting in 1871 and going from there with a gradual expansion of both leagues and teams.