Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #241
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

bug shots

A couple of the bugs reported earlier. The first being the barely visible date on the scheduling drop down menu (orange rectangle):

The second I labeled in a red rectangle. This shows the pitching substitution screen while playing in real-time sim mode. No box to drop relievers for warm-up.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by martyjay75; 04-07-2012 at 01:56 PM.
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #242
38templon
Bat Boy

I started a historical league in 1990 that has the amateur draft during the offseason (Nov. 1 each year). When I got to Nov. 19, 1997 I am unable to do the expansion draft. I get a dialogue box that says: "The following events have no been finished yet: Expansion Draft. You are now taken to the draft screen. Please use the "Continue Draft"-button in order to switch to the main draft screen where you can draft players. Good luck!"

When I get to the continue draft screen it is blank. When I click on the draft order it is the order from the Amateur Draft that was just held. When I click on the Log it is the log of the Amateur Draft that was held on Nov. 1.

Edit: Because I got the year wrong. Originally I said it was '92, but it's '97.

Last edited by 38templon; 04-06-2012 at 11:26 PM.
38templon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #243
SetonHallPirate
Minors (Triple A)

Compensation:

In order to get compensation for a free agent, the required offer should be offering the average of the top 125 players in the game (roughly 12.5 million in the 2012-2013 offseason). Instead, in the game, I believe every free agent-eligible player offered arbitration requires compensation. This is, of course, wrong.
SetonHallPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #244
thklein
Major Leagues

Manager History Problem after Import

I won the world series in OOTP12 and continued in OOTP12 to the date labeled "Playoffs end." I saw the screen with pictures of all my players announcing we were the champions. I then imported to OOTP13. The team history shows that the team won the world series that year, but my manager history screen does not. The playoffs column, where it usually would say either "not qualified", "made playoffs", or "won playoffs" is blank. The rest of the row is correct, including the team record and my season score, but there is nothing in the playoff column. I've now continued to the start of preseason and it is still blank.
thklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #245
kehowey
Major Leagues

Changing the "zoom" in the "Team Colors, Logos and Uniforms" page changes that player picture and the one on the baseball card but the profile pictures always remains the same. Is this a bug?
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #246
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

There seems to be a problem with logos on the standings page.

If you scroll down in your league's standings page, and then scroll back up, all the logos at the top that had been scrolled off the top of the "scroll pane" will become slightly blurrier. If you keep scrolling down and up, you'll eventually wash the logo(s) out to the point of disappearing. A little tough to explain, but hopefully this shot makes more sense:

On the left, in the AL East, you can see the Red Sox logo after it has been "scrolled" a few times. All logos below it were not. The Yankees logo, however, was almost entirely scrolled off, but a few pixels remained in view, so the logo was not affected. It seems to be only when the logo completely leaves the scroll pane.

Anyway, on the right, the entire NL East has been "scrolled" several more times than on the left, and have thus completely disappeared.

Leaving the standings page and coming back reloads the logos back to normal, as does saving the game while on this screen. Also, this happens with the generic game-generated logos too, so it's not specific to the real logos seen in the screenshot.

EDIT: I should also note that this only happens when the logos leave the top of the scroll pane when scrolling down. Logos at the bottom, which leave the bottom of the pane when scrolling up, don't seem to be affected.

Last edited by Stinson; 04-07-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #247
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

My transaction history page is weird... The only transaction come from the initial draft and I don't understand why some players are listed as coming from others teams
Attached Images
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #248
omniart
Major Leagues

A minor typo in world_default.xml, line 107315:

<REGION_STATE id="149" />

should be

<REGION_STATE id="151" />

In plain english, Alabama and Alaska have been assigned the same state id (149). Looking at which states have been grouped into which regions, it's clear that Alabama's state id should be 151.
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #249
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thklein View Post
I won the world series in OOTP12 and continued in OOTP12 to the date labeled "Playoffs end." I saw the screen with pictures of all my players announcing we were the champions. I then imported to OOTP13. The team history shows that the team won the world series that year, but my manager history screen does not. The playoffs column, where it usually would say either "not qualified", "made playoffs", or "won playoffs" is blank. The rest of the row is correct, including the team record and my season score, but there is nothing in the playoff column. I've now continued to the start of preseason and it is still blank.
Logged for review.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #250
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
My transaction history page is weird... The only transaction come from the initial draft and I don't understand why some players are listed as coming from others teams

@ AESP Pres: Were these generated from a fresh game or were they created and released for that draft?

Last edited by endgame; 04-07-2012 at 12:10 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #251
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniart View Post
A minor typo in world_default.xml, line 107315:

<REGION_STATE id="149" />

should be

<REGION_STATE id="151" />

In plain english, Alabama and Alaska have been assigned the same state id (149). Looking at which states have been grouped into which regions, it's clear that Alabama's state id should be 151.
Logged.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #252
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

From an usual historical game created in 1871 with the game database. The only thing I changed is the league format after the creation (I modified the league as it was in real life in 1871).

edit : All the players were in the draft pool.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #253
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
There seems to be a problem with logos on the standings page.

If you scroll down in your league's standings page, and then scroll back up, all the logos at the top that had been scrolled off the top of the "scroll pane" will become slightly blurrier. If you keep scrolling down and up, you'll eventually wash the logo(s) out to the point of disappearing. A little tough to explain, but hopefully this shot makes more sense:

On the left, in the AL East, you can see the Red Sox logo after it has been "scrolled" a few times. All logos below it were not. The Yankees logo, however, was almost entirely scrolled off, but a few pixels remained in view, so the logo was not affected. It seems to be only when the logo completely leaves the scroll pane.

Anyway, on the right, the entire NL East has been "scrolled" several more times than on the left, and have thus completely disappeared.

Leaving the standings page and coming back reloads the logos back to normal, as does saving the game while on this screen. Also, this happens with the generic game-generated logos too, so it's not specific to the real logos seen in the screenshot.

EDIT: I should also note that this only happens when the logos leave the top of the scroll pane when scrolling down. Logos at the bottom, which leave the bottom of the pane when scrolling up, don't seem to be affected.
If you're inclined, will you switch skins and see if the same problem occurs?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #254
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
@ AESP Pres: Were these generated from a fresh game or were they created and released for that draft?
A new game. Create new game / historical mode / starting year 1871
Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #255
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
From an usual historical game created in 1871 with the game database. The only thing I changed is the league format after the creation (I modified the league as it was in real life in 1871).

edit : All the players were in the draft pool.
The only time unusual teams are linked to players are in histories in prior creations. It's possible that changing that format carried the original history with them.

1) Do their histories indicate the prior teams?
2) If you're really curious, create another league, but don't change the format and see if the results are any different.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #256
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehowey View Post
Changing the "zoom" in the "Team Colors, Logos and Uniforms" page changes that player picture and the one on the baseball card but the profile pictures always remains the same. Is this a bug?
Are you selecting the Reset All Players for this Team option after that adjustment?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #257
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only time unusual teams are linked to players
1) Do their histories indicate the prior teams?
No, but by exemple Spalding team in real life in 1871 was Boston and it says I got it from this team. Maybe it's the case with the other too...

I'll create a new league after this post to check if it will do the same without altering the structure.
Attached Images
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #258
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
If you're inclined, will you switch skins and see if the same problem occurs?
Sure thing.

Just gave it a shot, and it happens on all three default skins. It also happens in both windowed and fullscreen.

If it's any extra help, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #259
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
2) If you're really curious, create another league, but don't change the format and see if the results are any different.
Results without changing the structure are the same
Attached Images
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #260
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I can be wrong but it seems to happen with all the players who were with a team in real life. This is probably the reason why I don't have any "-" transaction in the test, Baltimore being a fake team in 1871 no player are listed in the datase as having played with them.

Last edited by AESP_pres; 04-07-2012 at 12:48 AM.