Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #41
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Been ordering scouting reports multiple times to watch the accuracy go up, setting up different views globally (they carry over to other saves as well, nice touch), and looking at drafting and prospects. So far, I really, REALLY, like this update.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:44 PM   #42
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

0.0 for camera delay helps things a lot imo, yeah.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #43
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
what does "underwater" mean? just because he's not a "good value" doesn't mean they will trade him for anything. Stanton is still probably a 140 OPS+ player, they don't just give those guys away even if they are overpaid. they want to win games, he will help them do so, you can't just replace that bat mid-season
Underwater means he's paid more than he's worth, so it's a net negative value contract. The team is paying for more than they expect they will get back from him

Would any teams in MLB now trade anything of value for Stanton without the Yankees eating like half his contract? I seriously doubt it. In fact, I doubt any teams would just take the contract even without having to give anything up. The game is just mirroring real life here.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:51 PM   #44
LSUTigerJosh
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did a real life league and set it up for a fantasy draft to start. It looks like SEVERAL great players were set to start on the DFA screen instead of in the majors when the ai set up the initial team and looking at the current fa list. Have players like greinke, verlander, morton, etc.... are all listed as FA
LSUTigerJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:55 PM   #45
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Underwater means he's paid more than he's worth, so it's a net negative value contract. The team is paying for more than they expect they will get back from him

Would any teams in MLB now trade anything of value for Stanton without the Yankees eating like half his contract? I seriously doubt it. In fact, I doubt any teams would just take the contract even without having to give anything up. The game is just mirroring real life here.
But the Yankees also would not trade him for some no name, "half star" prospect who is never going to see AAA, let alone the majors.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #46
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Alpine, are you seriously going to complain this much about that trade. Harper for devers is a fair deal on both ends. The Yankees would have loved to unload Stanton if they could for peanuts if they got someone to eat the contract.

Great release, great job with the game guys. Can’t believe we’re complaining about a trade.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #47
Reed
All Star Starter

All 3 skins look better IMO. Light skin is much easier to read than last year. 3D looks nice but it looked a little choppy. Will have try the settings tonight that someone above mentioned.
Played 3 games and once had infielder run under dugout/bleachers after the ball. Overall much smoother player movement.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #48
Chidi29
Minors (Double A)

Just fired up the game and poked around for about an hour. I skipped last year's version but it feels like starting pitchers have a better repertoire this year. I know in 19, it felt like so many, even ones in the majors, had three or maybe even two good pitches. Had so many promising prospects that had to be relievers, not starters. Now, starts feel well balanced with at least three good ones and four or five total. Love that.

Thanks for the team working so hard!
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #49
spacer15415
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
The game looks beautiful. If I had two criticisms from the handful of games I've played:

1. The pitcher's placement on the mound is poor from the center field view.
2. The initial jerkiness of the camera when it switches back to the wide view to follow the ball makes it difficult to follow the ball.

I'm still figuring out some of the other new features, since I only have about an hour in the game at this point but I have to talk about the trade AI. I started my game as the Boston Red Sox. I did so in Challenge Mode because reasons, so the Trade Difficulty is set to Hard.
Here is the first trade that I was offered by the AI:

"The Kansas City Royals would send 35 year old RHP Ian Kennedy (retaining 60%) and 21 year old minor league RHP Noah Bryant to the Boston Red Sox, getting 25 year old LF Andrew Benintendi in return."

What? I mean, granted, my assistant GM agreed that it was a terrible trade, but yikes.

But here is my real rub. I simmed a few weeks into the season when Giancarlo Stanton came off the Injured List for the Yankees. I set up a trade between the Red Sox and the Yankees for just Stanton and clicked "Make This Work Now" and you can see the response that I got.

Come on, guys. I mean, I understand Stanton is coming off of an injury but in what alternate universe would the Yankees EVER negotiate an offer like this with any team, let alone the Red Sox?

I believe in policing myself in regards to the trade market in the single player game, but this is a bit over the top.
I mean the Red Sox IRL traded a top 3 player in baseball and a former CY Young winner for a guy with a fracture in his back, a low minors catcher and decent minor league 2b. No way would anyone in the right mind do this in OOTP but there it is.
Attached Images
spacer15415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:14 PM   #50
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
Ok, update on follow ball game play. I might be a follower after all. It seems to work very well (a lot less jerky) with the following settings: Camera movement delay 0.00, camera transition time 0.00s, camera movement speed 2, initial view wide, pitch camera view hp, action view wide. In other words I set all the camera movements to it's fastest. I'm thinking this work best for me cause I'm on a 27 inch monitor in full screen mode. Maybe for smaller screens or smaller window sizes a slower camera is better
Where do you adjust those camera settings?
Thx
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #51
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickysty View Post
Where do you adjust those camera settings?
Thx
In the pregame screen -
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #52
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Or ‘Game Options’ if in-game ^
Old 03-17-2020, 04:28 PM   #53
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You and your team are amazing Markus. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for adding these reports -

_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #54
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post

this is completely broken in the games AI. if you think the Yankees would get rid of Stanton for a 17 year old middle reliever you don't understand. that production is real, teams don't trade away 140 OPS+ guys for nothing to save money when they are competing for a WS. they'd cripple their team for money, when that money could not come close to replacing the production.

the Yankees don't care which players produce more per $$, otherwise they'd never sign free agents. they want to win games, if the games model follows yours than it's broken and the AI is focused on completely the wrong goal
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #55
spacer15415
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
this is completely broken in the games AI. if you think the Yankees would get rid of Stanton for a 17 year old middle reliever you don't understand. that production is real, teams don't trade away 140 OPS+ guys for nothing to save money when they are competing for a WS. they'd cripple their team for money, when that money could not come close to replacing the production.

the Yankees don't care which players produce more per $$, otherwise they'd never sign free agents. they want to win games, if the games model follows yours than it's broken and the AI is focused on completely the wrong goal
You are describing what the Red Sox did a couple months ago in real life.
spacer15415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #56
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I mean, to be fair, the Yankees wouldn't do that, because they wouldn't have a trading partner. If they were to trade him, they would more likely do Stanton plus a bunch of cash for a better prospect or a useful player.

But if the Red Sox offered Devers for Harper, I bet you the owners in Philly would have faxed the paperwork to the league office before the call finished.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #57
McBruce
Minors (Double A)

Fictional League Setup small bug

Only slight difficulty I had so far is with the tab sequence on the fictional league division team setup screen. Tab moved from team to team normally as I would expect but skipped the lowest row of team cities and nicknames entirely, moving on to 'randomize city names' and 'randomize nicknames' instead (which I did not want after editing 22 of 24 teams!). It was not difficult to click on the right boxes and edit them, but something to check out. I was setting up a 2 league, 24 team league with 4 teams in each division.

Other than that small diversion, looks great! Lots to discover. Best companion to social distancing I can think of.
McBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #58
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I mean, to be fair, the Yankees wouldn't do that, because they wouldn't have a trading partner. If they were to trade him, they would more likely do Stanton plus a bunch of cash for a better prospect or a useful player.

But if the Red Sox offered Devers for Harper, I bet you the owners in Philly would have faxed the paperwork to the league office before the call finished.
Exactly. Correct on both accounts.

If you don’t think the Yankees would trade Stanton for literally anything right now, then you don’t know how the MLB works.

The Yanks traded for him a couple years back hoping he would be a beast. And he hasn’t been. That contract looks a lot worse today then it did when they traded for him. They would get him off the payroll for just about anything right now. The problem is, NO ONE wants that contract. He is not worth anything in real life right now.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #59
jnogan
Bat Boy

In the HP view the batter's upper hand is not quite right. Looks like it is off the bat (to me).
jnogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #60
fuzzy_patters
All Star Starter

I'm 8 games into my first season, and it's gorgeous!
fuzzy_patters is offline   Reply With Quote