Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #41
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs trying to ride it until the wheels come off in P443/WHALE.

Having clinched the division earlier today, the Frogs (102-50, +272) hold a 5-game edge for the AC's top seed. Considering the Frogs are finished playing WHALES for the rest of the regular season (yeah, somehow the final 10 games of the season are against non-WHALES), things look promising.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:37 AM   #42
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

I just want to say 2010 Ubaldo Jiminez outpitched Cy Young and Curt Schilling in relief against a team that is 132-27 with Boggs, Cobb, Yelich, DiMaggio, Honus Wagner, Ozzie Smith, while his team is filled with scrubs (comparatively).

Barely missed the playoffs in P471 because I had to play this team in my last series. :\

Last edited by Zorian77; 02-02-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:02 AM   #43
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

With win #109, the Frogs have clinched the home field throughout the playoffs in P443/WHALE. This is a pretty big development given how large of a factor the ballpark...uh...factors have been in this week's effort.

The Wild Card opponent will come from a whale pod containing the Somerset Dolphins, Stone Island, and Texas Texans. Somerset and Stone Island are still jockeying for the AC West division title. Both were participants in last week's WHALE LEAGUE PL Series and the Somerset Dolphins have won a PL title 3 weeks in a row.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 02-02-2020 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:15 AM   #44
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: Time to Fill Out Your Brackets

Huntley managed to hold off the hard-charging Mammoth Maulers by 3 games, 126 wins to 123.

And stunningly, despite trailing the Wilderness Roadkill by 8 games in the race for the #1 AC seed on September 1, the Red Raiders managed to pull into a tie with the Roadkill with those 126 wins.

And even more stunningly, thanks to somehow winning the season series over Wilderness 5-1, it is your Huntley Red Raiders who are the #1 seed in the AC.

(The Berlin Crab Shuckers in the NC, with their 126 wins and 3-0 record vs Huntley in the regular season, have the overall #1 seed, but still!)

The Red Raiders now wait to see if the upstart Tulsa Midtowners (84-78) can somehow pull off the Wild Card stunner, or if it will be Maulers vs Raiders in the Division Series.

On the player side, Huntley's Ed Walsh led P437 in ERA (2.31) and WAR (8.5), Barry Bonds claimed the P437 home run title with 36 round-trippers, and Mariano Rivera paced the AC in saved (42, with only 1 blown save). Ozzie Smith and Luke Appling led the batters in WAR (5.5 and 5.3, respectively), with Christian Yelich (4.4), Bonds (4.1), and Norm Cash (4.0) also having fine seasons.

The playoffs await...good luck to all!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:17 AM   #45
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Huntley managed to hold off the hard-charging Mammoth Maulers by 3 games, 126 wins to 123.

And stunningly, despite trailing the Wilderness Roadkill by 8 games in the race for the #1 AC seed on September 1, the Red Raiders managed to pull into a tie with the Roadkill with those 126 wins.

And even more stunningly, thanks to somehow winning the season series over Wilderness 5-1, it is your Huntley Red Raiders who are the #1 seed in the AC.
Wow, so you avoided me in the first round, coward!

Well, even though the Wilderness had 37 more wins than I did, I was 3-3 against them and outscored them head-to-head. I have a punchers chance here.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #46
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

125 wins but having to settle for the wild card, rough season for the Devil Rays! Ended up 2 games back of the incredibly impressive Brooklyn Bombers after a very good fight all the way.

I guess it doesn't hugely matter, as we'd potentially face each other in the Division Series anyway if I can win the Wild card, but I hate one game playoffs!
Old 02-02-2020, 11:02 AM   #47
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilempenza View Post
Ended up 2 games back of the incredibly impressive Brooklyn Bombers after a very good fight all the way. !
That's insulting!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #48
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Ended up losing in the wildcard game, which I think gives me a perfect wildcard record of losing every single time. Standard
Old 02-02-2020, 11:16 AM   #49
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

The Warbirds (affectionately known as the under achieving whales) will face division mates, the Brooklyn Stars, in the Divisional.
They are LH heavy team. 1 RH hitter and 3 RH (all relief) pitchers.

Warbirds won 13 of 19 games vs the Stars which is a lower win % than our .800 vs LH for the year.
Amazingly the Warbirds faced 65 LH starts this year which its our balanced platoon lineups but hurts the chase for batter awards.

Some highlights thus far (because it seems like we are really only good in the reg season).

130 Wins.

Perfect game, No hitter and 20 game wining streak which all contributed to the 30,800PP earned.

Thanks to the installation of the Astro Turf 11.0 at the beginning of the season. Only 57 Errors as a team and that was with a ton of training. No player had more than 8 (3 leaders were the heavily trained players). One wonders what could have been???. 12 more OF assists than errors in the greenfield.
2nd Lowest amount of DP despite having the 2nd best GB rate. Assuming the league leading outs via the K and .224 OPP avg. has more to do with that than defence.

WJ was short on K's for the Pitcher triple crown. Finished 4th on his own team.

On to the playoffs...meh.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #50
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: A Mammoth Upset

The Wild Card game well and truly sucks.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #51
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
The Warbirds (affectionately known as the under achieving whales) will face division mates, the Brooklyn Stars, in the Divisional.
They are LH heavy team. 1 RH hitter and 3 RH (all relief) pitchers.

Warbirds won 13 of 19 games vs the Stars which is a lower win % than our .800 vs LH for the year.
Amazingly the Warbirds faced 65 LH starts this year which its our balanced platoon lineups but hurts the chase for batter awards.

Some highlights thus far (because it seems like we are really only good in the reg season).

130 Wins.

Perfect game, No hitter and 20 game wining streak which all contributed to the 30,800PP earned.

Thanks to the installation of the Astro Turf 11.0 at the beginning of the season. Only 57 Errors as a team and that was with a ton of training. No player had more than 8 (3 leaders were the heavily trained players). One wonders what could have been???. 12 more OF assists than errors in the greenfield.
2nd Lowest amount of DP despite having the 2nd best GB rate. Assuming the league leading outs via the K and .224 OPP avg. has more to do with that than defence.

WJ was short on K's for the Pitcher triple crown. Finished 4th on his own team.

On to the playoffs...meh.
Who wants the day off from sim watching to watch the Super Bowl?
The Jefferson City Capitals do...that's who? That can be the only explanation for a team to lose to an opponent they won 35 more games than and a better RD by 401.

Also in related news the Warbirds have dropped 2 straight and are facing elimination. SEE ABOVE.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #52
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Huntley managed to dispatch the upstart Tulsa Midtowners in 4. Meanwhile, the Columbus Clippers staved off elimination against the Wilderness Roadkill to force a game 5. Come on, sharknut, I've ducked you long enough...force my hand!

Old 02-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #53
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Huntley managed to dispatch the upstart Tulsa Midtowners in 4. Meanwhile, the Columbus Clippers staved off elimination against the Wilderness Roadkill to force a game 5. Come on, sharknut, I've ducked you long enough...force my hand!
I've got three guys hitting under .100 and he has 3 hitting under .200. Whoever breaks out of their slumps will do it.

My closer blew game 1 in the bottom of the 9th, I could have this won already.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #54
sharknut
All Star Reserve

And Chapman blew game 5 in the bottom of the 9th again.

That was fun.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #55
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Who wants the day off from sim watching to watch the Super Bowl?
The Jefferson City Capitals do...that's who? That can be the only explanation for a team to lose to an opponent they won 35 more games than and a better RD by 401.

Also in related news the Warbirds have dropped 2 straight and are facing elimination. SEE ABOVE.
Warbirds survive to elimination games and are set to play the The 89ers. They knocked of the #2 ranked team in the conference so there is no one left in the playoffs with more than 99 wins.
The warbirds have won a full 44 games more than The 89ers.
The 89ers are also using a full LH starters but this is more of the opener strategy (cough Cheese).
Old 02-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #56
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
And Chapman blew game 5 in the bottom of the 9th again.

That was fun.
That was rough, man.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #57
Orion
Major Leagues

Whew, talk about ekeing by...It really did go down to the wire as we secured the division vs the division rival NorCal on the very last day of the season, then had to face the same NorCal again in the divisionals, squeaking by in a 3-2 game 5 win at home. We get the .500 regular season Johnstown Steal next which sets up a probable series matchup vs the dreaded LA Rams, who wiped the floor with us in the few regular season matchups and were the league's best team. I'm gonna be watching the big football game over at a friends so likely will miss the whooping I'm probably going to receive. Either way, another solid season for the Guardians.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:02 PM   #58
Edster007
All Star Starter

I have all my teams friended so on a week this where I had limited time I can log into one and see them all quickly.

Another season in the books. Coney Island wins 102 and qualifies as a WC, wins that one but falls 3-1 in the division series. So Coney who has been in PL since 2022 is still in search of its first title. They have made the playoffs 19 weeks in a row. I have some points to spend but I have become too attached to some the players who have been Warriors from early on that I could upgrade but I want to try to get one with this bunch.

My four former our league teams didn't do that bad, Everett qualified and lost their WC game. The Knights finished 1game behind Everett for the WC while San Pedro and Jefferson Valley each finished 2 games under .500. I will take that showing from these four as the overall quality in this weeks league was much higher than the past couple.

Good luck to those still in the hunt
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:13 PM   #59
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The clock has struck midnight for the Frogs and their Cinderella season in P443/WHALE.

The team performed much better than expected, winning 111 regular season games (most in the league) before getting bounced in the Division Series against Stone Island in 5 games. SE Red Ruffing, working out of the bullpen, was the goat (not the GOAT) of this series as he essentially gave away games 1 and 3.

The Frogs had a 5-3 lead entering the 7th inning of G1, and then Ruffing got tagged for 4 ER in his 1.2 IP. The big blow was a 3-run HR by SE Jim Gilliam.

In Game 3, the Frogs were trailing 3-1 entering the 7th inning, whereupon Ruffing gave up 3 ER in his 2 IP here. The 7th inning went BB, BB, single, single, single. Stone Island took a 6-1 lead, which was unfortunate because the Frogs only had a 3-run comeback in them in the 9th inning, losing 6-4 and stranding the bases loaded to boot.

The Frogs won G4 1-0 (a game in which Ruffing did not appear), but then dropped G5 in a 10-inning 1-0 heartbreaker. The enemy's Roger Connor led off the 10th with a pinch-hit double, followed by an intentional pass to 100 Ty Cobb. Mr. Destruction himself, SE Gilliam, then blasted an RBI double off of Red Ruffing...no, it was Ed Walsh...to drive in the game's only run. The enemy's 100 Ozzie struck out and 100 Ted Simmons flied out whilst Cobb was gunned down trying to tag from 3rd in an 8-2 double play. In the home half, 99 Eddie Collins hit a 2-out double only for 100 Mickey Cochrane to scorch a grounder (100 MPH EV) into the 34 area where 100 Boudreau made a great play on it to end the game. And to end the Frogs' season.

All in all, a pretty impressive showing for the Frogs. We'll be back in the wild next week and I'm considering doing some sort of "theme" (other than lefty cheese) with the roster this time around.

Good luck to those still simming!

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 02-02-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #60
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton has the most wins ever.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote