Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
jmount78
Major Leagues

Trade Logic

For those who are playing 20, have you noticed any better trade logic with trade scenarios?

I wont be able to get the game for a few months and have to live through you all!
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78 View Post
For those who are playing 20, have you noticed any better trade logic with trade scenarios?

I wont be able to get the game for a few months and have to live through you all!
I put the trade difficulty on ‘very hard’ and the manual trades seem solid. Its difficult to trade for high end players, and it should be. Doesn’t seem a ton different than last year, maybe a little better. But I thought it was solid last year as well.

The AI trades seem a little hit or miss. I have seen some sensible ones and some trades that don’t make a ton of sense. I usually just reverse the ones that are senseless, but I don’t play on “challenge mode”. I’ve simmed through a couple seasons to test it, and have only seen 3-4 trades that bothered me. Most seem to have at least a degree of logic to them.

I’m a firm believer that AI trading is never going tobe perfect. It’s almost impossible to duplicate humans making decisions in real life. But overall, OOTP certainly has the best trade logic I’ve seen to date in a baseball sim. But there is still room for improvement.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
jmount78
Major Leagues

Thanks for the reply. I will be curious to see how the trade offers are through personal messages. Have you tried a blockbuster trade yet?
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I have found the financial aspects of trading to be much improved in this version.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will be curious to see how the trade offers are through personal messages. Have you tried a blockbuster trade yet?
They haven’t been great. I always look at them to see if they’re may be a counteroffer worth looking at. But most of them are pretty bad. I’ve read on these forums that if you update your ‘team needs’ the trades that are coming in your message box tend to be better. So I’m going to try that and see.

As the Mets, I traded for Blake Snell. Can’t remember the exact deal because I’m not in front of my CPU. But I gave up a top 30 prospect, a top 75 prospect and two young roster players that had 3-3.5 star potential. I thought it was a pretty realistic package for a young potential ace with some control left. That’s probably the biggest deal I’ve done so far.

I don’t think there’s much f an issue with the manual trades. I would recommend setting it to ‘very hard’. But the AI trades still need some work it seems. Not awful though, at least so far.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote