Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #21
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I see you are closing the gap over there in the NC, Thalion. Good luck!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #22
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Well, darn, darn, darn, double darn. My win streak ended at 20.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #23
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
The Burgers sent my Ninja Black Sox (trying a new name to respect the CEO) into a tailspin and then some. Caracas' team rubbed some salt in the wounds, wrecking me in his building. Staring up at first place now. Blast you and your ballpark factors, Pappyzan!
Ha, not sure what you did to the Burgers this season Ozzy, but they play pretty well against your team; it'd be nice if they played as well against everybody else. A weak 3-15 record against lefties but beat your 100 Randy Johnson, and threw more dirt in your face taking out 100 Pedro. on the road. YEAH BABY
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #24
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Something in those burgers, man! Your team always plays my team really tough. You, literally, knocked Randy Johnson out of my rotation. Granted, this happens every season once he hits a rough patch, (lefty starters, right?) but you did it to him. The weird thing is, my team also struggles to beat lefties. By, my lefty starters often struggle. It boggles the mind.

Going to be a dogfight in my division. Hopefully, my games against the Burgers are done for the season!
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:36 PM   #25
Thalion
Major Leagues

Looks like I'm locked in a good one in the NC East.

As I speak, I'm a game behind the Quip and .5 games behind Kawhi Leonard for the division lead. I'm up against a couple of great teams because they are both in the top 25 in total wins in the PT universe.

After being in a slump all day on Monday and parts of Tuesday, my batters are starting to hit and my pitchers are starting to find their form from last year so I hope I can compete with these two guys to the end.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 AM   #26
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I had a very good month in June that has me all smiles. We had a 23-3 month. Most of the guys wanted to celebrate but the Captain, Ozzie Smith, told them that we had won nothing yet and for them to think about next month, not last month.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:22 AM   #27
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

After finally checking the Burgers off the schedule, the Ninja Black Sox found themselves 6 games back in the standings. A fortunate turn of events, namely a 7 game winning streak, began the process of chipping away at the daunting deficit. Ninja's hot run pared things down to a more manageable 1.5 game deficit. Excitement was high, as the Sox had momentum on their side as the month concluded with a 3 game battle against the first place Stars...

And the Stars swept the Sox, in convincing fashion. The losses drop the Sox back to 4.5 games out of the lead. A light July schedule will allow for time to regroup. It looks like we have an exciting pennant race in store.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #28
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

The Burgers finally completed the transition to a 50 point team, using Orcin's scale to play in that league next season. 92 Griffey took a while to grab from the AH, but somebody put him up late last night for like an hour and I just happened to catch it. Walker as well.

Moved from a full-blown contact & gap offense with little regard to defense to a better defensive team with what should be a decent enough offense. Changes were:

3B - 94 Baker/90 Arenado to 91 Ramirez
SS - 91 Ramirez to 83 Lindor
2B - 86 Gehringer/97 Renson to 78 Pesky/78 Vizquel
1B - 82 Carew/Cepeda to 88 Helton/89 Pujols
LF - 92 Billy Williams/88 Aaron to 100 Betts
CF - forget the L/R combo (tried many different combos here) to 92 Griffey/85 Maddox
RF - 87 Gwynn (painful to give that card up) to 94 Walker/91 Ordonez
DH - 91 Cravath (did not change)

Even with a putrid defense, this team consistently won 90+ games in perfect just outhitting and outscoring everybody until this season. Starting pitching was so awful the 1st half of this season, I dunno if the team can recover enough to make it to the playoffs this time. Had to add a 6th reliever (silver pitcher to stay @ 50 pts) just to eat innings because the starting pitching has been so painfully awful. 5 relievers had been working surprisingly well in prior perfect seasons, but the lack of an extra bullpen arm presented a problem this week.

I'm hoping an improved defense will make up for a small dropoff on offense; that, and maybe ratcheting down the AVG, 2B & 3B max ballpark factors a little next season.

Starting pitching won't be improved anytime soon as I'm out of PP. Leaving the bullpen as it is for now, it should be good enough to compete.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the week!

Last edited by pappyzan; 01-31-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I'm a dork, 1B combo was Carew/Cepeda not Banks/Cepeda
Old 01-31-2019, 11:32 AM   #29
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Putting this here to see if Orcin thanks every post with his name in it.

Last edited by pappyzan; 01-31-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Putting this here to see if Orcin thanks every post with his name in it.
No, he thanks the ones that he finds interesting.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #31
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NH Granite here.

Been winning between 81-88 games every year and was lucky enough to draw a 100 Gooden in a pack and got a Gavvy Cavath in the AH so I was hoping that would make the difference and put me as a legit playoff contender.

Nah. Looks like another 81-88 win season where I pray I can make WC. Sigh.
SeanBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #32
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
No, he thanks the ones that he finds interesting.
Dang it! Thought I was onto something there
Old 01-31-2019, 11:04 PM   #33
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBerry View Post
NH Granite here.

Been winning between 81-88 games every year and was lucky enough to draw a 100 Gooden in a pack and got a Gavvy Cavath in the AH so I was hoping that would make the difference and put me as a legit playoff contender.

Nah. Looks like another 81-88 win season where I pray I can make WC. Sigh.
Oh I dunno, in the AC, Yaks, Stars and Black Sox are for sure in. Final 2 spots is between 3 of us in the AC West and Vancouver. Burgers starting pitching is still inconsistently problematic in July, I don't think they're dependable enough for a final push this season. So it's likely gonna be between your team, Black Wolves and Vancouver. If your team gets hot, they can challenge for the division.

Knife might make a good push, but they were severely stunted with like a 14 game losing streak last month. I don't see anyone else with a real shot outside of that.

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #34
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

The Burgers have extended an olive branch to the Black Sox by sweeping the Stars to start off August with a bang.

Ozzy, the team would appreciate it if your team would show some guts and return the favor against the Black Wolves and Vancouver for August & Sept. Thank you.

Last edited by pappyzan; 02-01-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: removed 'on the road'
Old 02-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #35
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Aaaaand the Burgers follow a sweep of the Stars with being swept at home by the Titans, a team with one of the worst records in the league.

The Burgers didn't man up, and as a team building exercise have each opted-in for a swift kick to the nads, to prove they still indeed actually have nads. Teeny, tiny small ones.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #36
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

At the start of the day, the Black Sox found themselves 1.5 games off the pace. Pappy, your Burger Boys did me a solid sweeping the Stars. I haven't been able to check in much today, although I did notice that my team ran rough shod over the Wolves, and then avenged their series loss against Vancouver, by taking 2 of 3. Even Steven, Pappy?

That's a heck of a wild card race we have going in the A.C. A lotta excitement in the junior league too, as Thalion's team is duking it out in a three-way race for the division crown.

I've learned I enjoy watching a pennant race more than being in one. Can't help but scoreboard watch and, as I tell my kids, "feeling big feelings" with each victory and loss.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #37
Kushiel
All Star Starter

We have some very nice teams in the league; we have some very well managed teams in the league; and we have some very nice well managed teams in the league. You are right Oz, it is fun to watch the pennant races down to the wire. Not so much fun(more nervous) but very exciting when we are involved in one. I look forward to the playoffs and some extremely deserving opponents some of whom I have met before with the season on the line. Good luck everybody during the pennant month.

I am hoping to be waiting for you Thalion at the end of the tunnel. Several of my players still just growl when the name Geezers comes up.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #38
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
At the start of the day, the Black Sox found themselves 1.5 games off the pace. Pappy, your Burger Boys did me a solid sweeping the Stars. I haven't been able to check in much today, although I did notice that my team ran rough shod over the Wolves, and then avenged their series loss against Vancouver, by taking 2 of 3. Even Steven, Pappy?

That's a heck of a wild card race we have going in the A.C. A lotta excitement in the junior league too, as Thalion's team is duking it out in a three-way race for the division crown.

I've learned I enjoy watching a pennant race more than being in one. Can't help but scoreboard watch and, as I tell my kids, "feeling big feelings" with each victory and loss.
Yep, even stevens Ozzy. Be sure to take those boys to the steakhouse this weekend for the job they did.

We'll see what tomorrow brings, I look forward to being involved in the AC wildcard race. Not really expecting to get it but should be fun to see what shakes out down the stretch.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #39
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
We have some very nice teams in the league; we have some very well managed teams in the league; and we have some very nice well managed teams in the league. You are right Oz, it is fun to watch the pennant races down to the wire. Not so much fun(more nervous) but very exciting when we are involved in one. I look forward to the playoffs and some extremely deserving opponents some of whom I have met before with the season on the line. Good luck everybody during the pennant month.

I am hoping to be waiting for you Thalion at the end of the tunnel. Several of my players still just growl when the name Geezers comes up.

Oh wow, everyone wants to beat up on the poor old Geezers from Walnut Creek.

Wow, I'm not even close to being one of the better teams in Perfect. Maybe that's why everyone wants to play me?

Kush, this would be much easier if you could convince all the other teams ahead of me to lose more.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #40
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Nice sweep of the Wolves there Sean! Keep it up bub