Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
Kushiel
All Star Starter

P-402 Season 9

Yakety Yaks are here to have some fun. I see some familiar names in the league. It is good to see you again, Thalion. I am sorry y'all are postponed a week on Orcin's league. I would like to meet in the WS again. I still owe you one, my friend

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #2
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Burgers here again, probably off to a typical slow April. Haven't set my team up like i want it yet, waiting on a few players to become available on the AH. The AH seems to have had a lot less traffic over the past 2 or 3 days than in days/weeks past. Maybe most teams are pretty well set by now, I dunno. Either way, it may take most of the week to get the players I'm looking for.

Throwing that out there as an excuse if the team goes in the tank this week.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Burgers here again, probably off to a typical slow April. Haven't set my team up like i want it yet, waiting on a few players to become available on the AH. The AH seems to have had a lot less traffic over the past 2 or 3 days than in days/weeks past. Maybe most teams are pretty well set by now, I dunno. Either way, it may take most of the week to get the players I'm looking for.

Throwing that out there as an excuse if the team goes in the tank this week.
Somehow I expect to see you in the playoffs again The AH seems slow to me too. I am wanting to add a pitcher still on my short list but have had no luck the past couple weeks. I put Dick Allen on the AH this morning when I finally found a Cepeda to take his place in 1B platoon with Olerud. I expect same offense mostly but better D and less K's from Cepeda.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Somehow I expect to see you in the playoffs again The AH seems slow to me too. I am wanting to add a pitcher still on my short list but have had no luck the past couple weeks. I put Dick Allen on the AH this morning when I finally found a Cepeda to take his place in 1B platoon with Olerud. I expect same offense mostly but better D and less K's from Cepeda.
I love that Cepeda card, I hope you have good luck with it. I've debated buying it many times but never pulled the trigger on it.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
I love that Cepeda card, I hope you have good luck with it. I've debated buying it many times but never pulled the trigger on it.
You will get to see how he does for me this season when somebody starts a lefty. I had him in Beta and he was excellent. I platooned him with Carew then.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Actually, I did have have that Cepeda card before. Had him platooning the last 3 seasons @ 1st with Carew, he didn't do exceptionally well for me in Perfect, was kind of average to maybe above average. Maybe that card will do better for you tho.

I misread your earlier post heading out the door at work, I thought you were getting Cedeno. I do love that card, was wondering why on earth you'd put him on 1st.

Garvey performed better for me than Cepeda, but that was in gold & diamond; never tried him out in perfect.

Last edited by pappyzan; 01-28-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:44 PM   #7
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I had Garvey for a while but sold him when I pulled my Ruth and used the money for my Wagner.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:33 PM   #8
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Weird start to the season.

Pitching Stats: ERA is 5.66, 14th in AC; BABIP 14th, OPS 14th, SLG 14th, OBP 14th and AVG 15th.

Batting Stats: 1st in AC in AVG, 2nd in OBP, 3rd in SLG and 2nd in OPS

Hanging in at 9-9 through 18 games.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #9
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Weird start to the season.

Pitching Stats: ERA is 5.66, 14th in AC; BABIP 14th, OPS 14th, SLG 14th, OBP 14th and AVG 15th.

Batting Stats: 1st in AC in AVG, 2nd in OBP, 3rd in SLG and 2nd in OPS

Hanging in at 9-9 through 18 games.

10-10 with ERA of 6.25
Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 AM   #10
Thalion
Major Leagues

We are off to a tough start this season. 12-15 so far. My team as a whole is not hitting like they normally do and my pitching has been inconsistent.

Still, I remain optimistic. I know what my team is capable of and all I’m hoping for is to be in contention for a playoff spot by the end of August.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:20 AM   #11
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I am having hitting issues and rare bullpen issues early. I am winning though because of my rotation.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Hello, 402!!! Checking in from the Brooklyn Black Sox front office here. I had planned to rebrand this season since learning Marcus' team has the same team name,, but decided against it, mostly because it takes a really long time to load the logos folder when I customize my team. Instead, we changed our hats. Small steps.

I recognize some teams, including Pappyzan, with whom I was in a league with Omniart if I remember correctly. Kawhi Leonard & The Bergen Trolls are also high up in the leader boards. And, of course, Thalion and his 4-man rotation designed from when men were real men, eating corn flakes with motor oil for breakfast.

It's a tough league, lots of talented teams. Best of luck to all.
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #13
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
Hello, 402!!! Checking in from the Brooklyn Black Sox front office here. I had planned to rebrand this season since learning Marcus' team has the same team name,, but decided against it, mostly because it takes a really long time to load the logos folder when I customize my team. Instead, we changed our hats. Small steps.

I recognize some teams, including Pappyzan, with whom I was in a league with Omniart if I remember correctly. Kawhi Leonard & The Bergen Trolls are also high up in the leader boards. And, of course, Thalion and his 4-man rotation designed from when men were real men, eating corn flakes with motor oil for breakfast.

It's a tough league, lots of talented teams. Best of luck to all.
Yep, was 2 or 3 seasons ago. Pretty sure Omniart is still kicking arse somewhere in perfect with his FTP team.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #14
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Ouch! 1-5 so far this month.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #15
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Ouch! 1-5 so far this month.
not to worry, you can feast on the Burgers pitching in your next series
Old 01-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #16
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
not to worry, you can feast on the Burgers pitching in your next series
I always worry 1-7 this month now. It is very unusual for this kind of streak to happen to the Yaks! I have played you too many times in the past to ever expect it to be easy.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:10 PM   #17
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

The Burgers sent my Ninja Black Sox (trying a new name to respect the CEO) into a tailspin and then some. Caracas' team rubbed some salt in the wounds, wrecking me in his building. Staring up at first place now. Blast you and your ballpark factors, Pappyzan!
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #18
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
The Burgers sent my Ninja Black Sox (trying a new name to respect the CEO) into a tailspin and then some. Caracas' team rubbed some salt in the wounds, wrecking me in his building. Staring up at first place now. Blast you and your ballpark factors, Pappyzan!
Ha, but you took your angst out on Caracas' team the next week though, sweeping him in 4 games! Expecting a ditto for my team when it visits yours later this year, they're usually hovering around .500 on the road.

Will probably fudge with the ballpark factors a little more next season, I cranked 'em up (except for homers, will keep those low for teams like yours! ) when every_single_player on the team was a 2B/3B contact hitter. I've since swapped up nearly the entire team to better gloves this season, or plan to by the end of the week. Will have to just wait till next week to toy around with the factors.

Good looking new logo, you do that yourself or is it stock?
Old 01-30-2019, 12:38 AM   #19
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

21 inning loss to these bastards, ending with a 2 run walkoff HR. At least team ERA is reduced because of it.

Last edited by pappyzan; 06-26-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:25 AM   #20
Kushiel
All Star Starter

We managed to get our Yaks out of their doldrums and pulled May back into an at least respectable month. I decided adding Cepeda messed with the chemistry of my team. So, I moved him to the AH and replaced with Edgar Martinez 89 OVR. That seemed to settle my guys back down as he gave me a .405 3 HR last half of the month and we won 12 of 13 to close May out.