Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
jmount78
Major Leagues

Trade Offerings from Other Teams-Frustrating

I set my team needs and get offers from other GM's that this or that player might satisfy the need and would my team like to discuss a trade? I then discuss the trade and the make it work says I don't have anyone on my team that would make the trade happen. It is annoying that a team offers a 3.5 to 5 star prospect or vet with no intention of trading them except in an unrealistic trade scenario.

It would be nice if the AI GMs would offer someone with potential trade targets in mind.
jmount78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i feel like i've read this someplace before?!? deja vu....

it's not much of a game if they just serve up prime talent for a team need to your email. maybe if you turn it to easy trading it offers better players? i've never tried that before. maybe, someone could throw out that morsel of knoweldge and it could be a fix for you, or save you time of trying it, if not.

it does give you glimpse of the other teams wants. if it shows anything that the typical team strengths don't show you, it can be used to maximize a potential trade with that team.

think of it more as them tipping their hands a bit. glean whatever information you can from their offer. you'll have to do the legwork of finding what you need, if it exists in their system.

i prefer to have targets and once i accumulate enough to trade for them, i do so. relyingon the AI to give you something isn't optimal.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
jmount78
Major Leagues

I agree with accumulating talent to trade for talent. It is annoying to have two or three personal messages pop up at once with teams saying they might have X player to satisfy my teams needs but then no one on my team they want, except for superstars, once the discussion starts. I haven't messed with the trade settings. And my other frustration is dragging and dropping a player or combination of players to see what will satisfy the other team, and still get unrealistic trade combos.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
Ball Four
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Where is the "Team Needs " screen ?

Not come across it ever,must be well hidden lol.
Ball Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78 View Post
I set my team needs and get offers from other GM's that this or that player might satisfy the need and would my team like to discuss a trade? I then discuss the trade and the make it work says I don't have anyone on my team that would make the trade happen. It is annoying that a team offers a 3.5 to 5 star prospect or vet with no intention of trading them except in an unrealistic trade scenario.

It would be nice if the AI GMs would offer someone with potential trade targets in mind.
In most cases its supposed to be viewed as a start of negotiations. They have a player that could fit your needs, doesnt mean they are going to give them to you. You may not have a 1 for 1, but as you start building a package the opportunity to make trade work may have a suitable player that you would like to add.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
jmount78
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Four View Post
Where is the "Team Needs " screen ?

Not come across it ever,must be well hidden lol.
When you go to the Shop A Player, you can set the team needs in one of the tabs above the players name you want to trade.

I know that the make it work is a starting point, but don't offer a player and then have no idea where you want to start the negotiations or make the player go through countless players/combinations to still not get what the proposing team wants.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #7
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i feel like i've read this someplace before?!? deja vu....
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=296897

Maybe this one.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

the trade screen has color-coded bubbles for prosepcts and active roster positions.

mil prospect report [sic] or maybe depth report? is more indepth and will go by position and list ranking per team -- more for fun than efficiently looking this stuff up. i think there's something similar for mlb by position too -- or same report? i really don't use these particular reports much.

the trade screen is an all in one summary on one screen, but only per 1 team at a time. not perfect for all contexts, either.

depends on which way you are working the trade... starting with what you have to offer or what you are looking for. this would affect the strategy you'd take.

e.g. if you are starting with what you have to offer and going to take as much as you can get from teams looking for those needs -- i'd look over the reports and scan bottom of the positions you are trading.

if targetting prospects of need -- like 3-4 options etc -- then, go to the trade screen for those teams and work with the bubbles, and pick best result.

no way to avoid swapping player out, but there can't be too many options of value in your system. i stick to what's rated well enough to move the meter (trade feedback verbage), and sometimes try some stretches just to test their scouting inaccuracy in specific positions of need. depending on how prospect rich or poor i am will affect how much i scrape... and i prefer not to scrape, too.

like i said, maybe easy settings should affect this. make a suggestion for future releases? on easy it could highlight in a color code who they like most. this would eliminate any swapping.. you simply scroll through and try the ones you are willing to trade from top-down. or, the email offers will just include them right away in the minimum amount to get the particular player. not my preference, but playing devil's advocate.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-17-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #9
jmount78
Major Leagues

I understand the process of putting together a trade package. I do. I really do. My frustration is that would a GM offer a player without having any idea of who they may ask/target for in return? I do review the bubbles by each team,. review the ratings for the players of that team, and try to make packages work. My frustration is in the fact that the AI GMs blindly offer someone without having any idea of who they might want and advise you of same.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #10
majesty95
All Star Starter

I agree that this is just an irritant more often than not. I get about 1/100 offers I may consider. Shopping a player is about the only way to make a deal. I dont want to acquire talent easily, but I also dont want the AI sending me offers of two 2=star guys for my 5-star prospect or offering me a player I cannot give with what I have to offer.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Workaround for you: turn off the email interruptions from their offers. just delete them when you do get pulled to your email screen for something more important.

--------------------------------------------------

i'm not saying you should pay attention to them, i don't at all, but they do give information you can use... more useful to a team like oakland than yankees. depends on how much you need to scrape to be successful relative to budget.

you say you don't want it easy, but you want the ai to give you a list of players they like when they email you about a player they like. or a better package of players etc.

that is making it easy. what is left to do except click offer trade with a pre-populated trade screen? or a list you pick 1-5 from etc.

if you don't have to dig a bit for targets or what to offer, then what exactly are we responsible for in trades? there isn't much left to do.. if anything.