Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #401
zappa1
All Star Starter

In 1895, Detroit Tigers owner George Vanderbeck had a new ballpark built at the corner of Michigan and Trumbull avenues. That stadium was called Bennett Park and featured a wooden grandstand with a wooden peaked roof in the outfield. At the time, some places in the outfield were only marked off with rope.
In 1911, new Tigers owner Frank Navin ordered a new steel-and-concrete baseball park on the same site that would seat 23,000 to accommodate the growing numbers of fans. Navin Field opened on April 20, 1912, the same day as the Boston Red Sox's Fenway Park. While constructed on the same site as Bennett Park, the diamond at Navin Field was rotated 90°, with home plate located in what had been left field at Bennett Park.[5] Cleveland Naps player "Shoeless" Joe Jackson, later banned from baseball for life following the Black Sox Scandal, scored the first run at Navin Field on the opening day. The intimate configurations of both stadiums, both conducive to high-scoring games featuring home runs, prompted baseball writers to refer to them as "bandboxes" or "cigar boxes" (a reference to the similarly intimate Baker Bowl).

Over the years, expansion continued to accommodate more people. In 1935, following Navin's death, new owner Walter Briggs oversaw the expansion of Navin Field to a capacity of 36,000 by extending the upper deck to the foul poles and across right field. By 1938, the city had agreed to move Cherry Street, allowing left field to be double-decked and the now-renamed Briggs Stadium had a capacity of 53,000. In 1961, new owner John Fetzer took control of the stadium and gave it its final name: Tiger Stadium. Under this name, the stadium witnessed World Series titles in 1968 and 1984.

Former names
Bennett Park (1895–12)
Navin Field (1912–37)
Briggs Stadium (1938–60)

Last edited by zappa1; 10-14-2018 at 06:36 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:49 AM   #402
zappa1
All Star Starter

sign marker

Name:  tiger_stadium_sign.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  213.6 KB

Here is the historic sign marker from Tiger Stadium.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #403
zappa1
All Star Starter

Metropolitan is nicer and plays great. I manage both 1968 and 1977 Twins teams in my replays, so I was able to see them right away. Haven't been to Baltimore, yet, but it's coming. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #404
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ONCE AGAIN--FANTASTIC---thank you for adding to all our gaming experiences.

I know you are a few stadiums away from Polo Grounds. When you decide to tackle this old park, may I request the old Polo grounds from 1900 to 1911, also the Polo Grounds in the thirties had a different scoreboard. It would be awesome to see this old parks evolution... Don't want to sound greedy--but your work is great.
Skip
RETRO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #405
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO66 View Post
ONCE AGAIN--FANTASTIC---thank you for adding to all our gaming experiences.

I know you are a few stadiums away from Polo Grounds. When you decide to tackle this old park, may I request the old Polo grounds from 1900 to 1911, also the Polo Grounds in the thirties had a different scoreboard. It would be awesome to see this old parks evolution... Don't want to sound greedy--but your work is great.
Skip

I had the polo grounds in mind. I will most likely re-do those from scratch as the one version I have is from the 3D warehouse. (Not mine).

I don’t really want to create a whole new park just to accommodate a scoreboard change. Most versions of my parks have field dimension changes that affect the park factors. It’s hard enough being able to get through updating the parks I do have. I don’t want to have to add x amount of others for minimal changes.
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #406
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I understand that! I just enjoy your effort. I will eventually get the programs needed to dabble with three D parks. I played around with some the 2D parks by changing clocks, adding batters circles and assorted small stuff. That was easy to do. What you do is beyond my current skill level. Again thank you. I have fully switched to OOTP19 and certainly enjoy your work and that of the others as well.
RETRO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #407
BugsSpalding
Bat Boy

Thank you silvam14

Mr. silvam14, add me to the many OOTP players that are tremendously thankful for your efforts in building and sharing your many stadiums. I'm in the midst of creating a fictional "Australia / New Zealand" baseball league and your stadiums are very welcome indeed. Thank you also for your YouTube video instructions, which are essential.
BugsSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #408
zappa1
All Star Starter

Oakland Coliseum looks good except that centerfield scoreboard. I hate to criticize 'cause your work is great, but that scoreboard is backwards and split in half. Don't know why it's like that. At least it is for me. Still it looks great except for that.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #409
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Oakland Coliseum looks good except that centerfield scoreboard. I hate to criticize 'cause your work is great, but that scoreboard is backwards and split in half. Don't know why it's like that. At least it is for me. Still it looks great except for that.

I can fix it tonight

Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #410
zappa1
All Star Starter

Thank you. Hope it's not a big deal.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #411
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Thank you. Hope it's not a big deal.

Not at all. Thanks for pointing it out. I can easily miss stuff like that sometimes

Old 10-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #412
zappa1
All Star Starter

It's the same with colorizing pics. Easy to miss stuff. Luckily, my Twins team from 1968 was heading to Oakland for the next series. That's how I saw it so soon.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #413
zappa1
All Star Starter

Thanks for fixing the scoreboard for Oakland. Looks way better, now.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:55 AM   #414
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Started recently using fictional Cisco Field for the A's. Looks good.

I adjusted the camera zoom out a bit to see more of what is behind the outfield wall.

Noticed third base coach box overlaps a bit with the transition dirt from grass to wall. Not sure if that is a camera adjustment or a cosmetic adjustment.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #415
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra82 View Post
Started recently using fictional Cisco Field for the A's. Looks good.

I adjusted the camera zoom out a bit to see more of what is behind the outfield wall.

Noticed third base coach box overlaps a bit with the transition dirt from grass to wall. Not sure if that is a camera adjustment or a cosmetic adjustment.

Yeah. I use the infields as groups in sketchup. I just copy and paste them in a Stadium when creating. The foul territory seems to be small enough where this issue is present. When I get around to looking at this park, I will attempt to fix

Old 10-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #416
timmermac
Major Leagues

There is a bit of an issue with Old Comiskey. The infield and foul ground to the edge of the outfield looks like Astroturf, and the outfield and outfield foul territory looks like natural grass.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #417
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Not a mistake. The park for a while had both turf and grass. http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/Turf.html
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #418
timmermac
Major Leagues

I did not know that. Fascinating.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #419
adion
All Star Starter

Atlanta Ful. County 74-96

I update some of the signage on the outfield wall. It is available here. I left the original there also.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/akd2ejkdtk4dx/Historic
Attached Images
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #420
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

1911 Polo Grounds - NEW
Attached Images
Image Image