Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #21
james17
All Star Starter

I totally agree. The draft pool talent is much too low to make the game as enjoyable as it was before.

If you’re planning on rebuilding through the draft, we’ll good luck with that.

First OOTP 19 draft pool has zero 5 star players, 4 4 star players.

I’m looking for guidance in adjusting player creation modifiers. Too late for currrent season as the draft is in 3 weeks. Wish we had a a pool editor!
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #22
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
I totally agree. The draft pool talent is much too low to make the game as enjoyable as it was before.

If you’re planning on rebuilding through the draft, we’ll good luck with that.

First OOTP 19 draft pool has zero 5 star players, 4 4 star players.

I’m looking for guidance in adjusting player creation modifiers. Too late for currrent season as the draft is in 3 weeks. Wish we had a a pool editor!
I posted some modifiers that may be worth trying out. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...4&postcount=80

I wonder if the pool editor is possible now that the draft pool can be exported. Could do some kind of random number generator for each of the skills and then re import.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #23
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
I posted some modifiers that may be worth trying out. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...4&postcount=80

I wonder if the pool editor is possible now that the draft pool can be exported. Could do some kind of random number generator for each of the skills and then re import.

I changed my player creation modifiers to yours and unchecked automatically create historical modifiers. I left sabremetric alone.

Unfortunately, since I play out all my games I won't know until next season how well they work for me.

Yep, I'd love to have a pool editor.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #24
smythejd
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Too late for currrent season as the draft is in 3 weeks. !
I have been doing a work around in my league.

I put myself in Commish mode
Go to free agents
Under Actions - Create Fictional players
And I add as many players to the draft pool (I add "star" level players) as I so desire. The only problem is that once those players are drafted, they go right to your minor leagues, no negotiating of contract.
smythejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #25
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by smythejd View Post

Go to free agents
And I add as many players to the draft pool (I add "star" level players) as I so desire. The only problem is that once those players are drafted, they go right to your minor leagues, no negotiating of contract.

when you are in commish mode, you could just edit half-star scrubs to the level you want. they should be treated as regular drafted players

Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #26
smythejd
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
when you are in commish mode, you could just edit half-star scrubs to the level you want. they should be treated as regular drafted players
Last draft class I added 40 players to the draft. I have a league of 40 teams, and only had 3 - 4 star players and around 7 - 3.5 star.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #27
native son
Minors (Double A)

I run fictional historical with tons of feeders, and have always set the sabermetric PCM's to 1.000 for each feeder league. The draft classes seem fine to me.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #28
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Last draft class I added 40 players to the draft. I have a league of 40 teams, and only had 3 - 4 star players and around 7 - 3.5 star.
i understand that. but u said that you created extra free agents to add to the draftpool because it was weak.

instead of creating extra players, you could simply edit some of the scrubs that wouldnt get drafted in order to increase the talent pool

Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #29
james17
All Star Starter

OK, now I've really confused myself. I disabled scouting so I would see ratings changes I made via the editor immediately. It worked but I got to see the whole draft pool with scouting disabled. Looking at the ratings and stars that way, the pool looks fine. So, my guess is that the powers that be decided to make scouting quite different from the actual (scouting disabled) setting. In other words my 'Outstanding' scout isn't seeing anything close to the real ratings. They only appear when scouting is off. So my scout really ain't so hot.

Another discovery...if you simply switch scouting to OSA when you do have scouting enabled, I'm seeing the real ratings. That is, the ratings you get when scouting is disabled.

I don't understand why it's working this way. I thought OSA was supposed to be inferior to a Legendary or Outstanding scout but that appears not to be true???
Old 06-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #30
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, now I've really confused myself. I disabled scouting so I would see ratings changes I made via the editor immediately. It worked but I got to see the whole draft pool with scouting disabled. Looking at the ratings and stars that way, the pool looks fine. So, my guess is that the powers that be decided to make scouting quite different from the actual (scouting disabled) setting. In other words my 'Outstanding' scout isn't seeing anything close to the real ratings. They only appear when scouting is off. So my scout really ain't so hot.

Another discovery...if you simply switch scouting to OSA when you do have scouting enabled, I'm seeing the real ratings. That is, the ratings you get when scouting is disabled.

I don't understand why it's working this way. I thought OSA was supposed to be inferior to a Legendary or Outstanding scout but that appears not to be true???
Did you look at OSA after turning off scouting and giving OSA a perfect rescout of the league? Without scouting on OSA is the only way to view players and they are always correct.
Just an idea.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #31
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Either way, it seems like draft classes get weaker as the years go on and that isn't really satisfactory

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #32
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Did you look at OSA after turning off scouting and giving OSA a perfect re-scout of the league? Without scouting on OSA is the only way to view players and they are always correct.
Just an idea.

Awk! Didn't know that. Is there any way to re-scout the league with OSA only or if not that, any way to rescout with both OSA and Scouting enabled?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #33
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:

Go to free agents

Wow! That's fantastic as a work around. Really appreciated!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #34
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow! That's fantastic as a work around. Really appreciated!
You can also edit players in the draft so they go into the league as drafted players instead of straight to the minors.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #35
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Awk! Didn't know that. Is there any way to re-scout the league with OSA only or if not that, any way to rescout with both OSA and Scouting enabled?
I am not 100% on that but I am pretty confident I am right. There is an option in the settings to run a rescout on the league. I have no idea what will happen after scouting has been turned off and then back on.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:13 AM   #36
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
You can also edit players in the draft so they go into the league as drafted players instead of straight to the minors.

Which factor(s) do you edit in order to do that? Do you mean make them draft eligible in the creation process or editing a factor after they are created?

Last edited by james17; 06-20-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:17 AM   #37
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
In challenge mode you can't adjust the pcms though........... what are they to do?
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #38
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I created a draft pool editor in let's say...pre-alpha version. Anyone willing to send me their draft pool export file? I can run it through and send it back, see what you think.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #39
smythejd
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Call me lazy but I am not going to edit 40 players for a draft. I find it much easier to just let the computer create them.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #40
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
I've found PCM after year 10ish

Gap: 1.075
Power: 1.089
Eye: 0.994
Avoid K: 1.037
Defense: 1.187
Speed: 0.994
Stuff: 1.088
Movement: 1.127
Control: 1.088
Stamina: 0.968

Work well for standard leagues with no feeders, just fictional created players every year. They might have to be updated every 5-10 years but I haven't looked into that. Once the feeder leagues are created though, there are a ton more variables and I haven't been able to lock down something that is sustainable.
So you change the PCM to those after 10 years? I'm starting a fictional game and will be simulating from 1900-2017 (expanding along the way). At what point should I enter those as the new PCM?
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote