Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #281
Alistair
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No big deal, but is this a picture of Citizens Bank Park when it should be Minute Maid?

Alistair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #282
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
No big deal, but is this a picture of Citizens Bank Park when it should be Minute Maid?

The default picture is Citizensbank park. The game does not come with all stadiums
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #283
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
I suck when it comes to AI1 for stadiums so I will just tell ya to download Gambo's Early Parks, Padresfan for real parks and for graphical parks MLB 12 The Show & MLB2K10.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #284
Alistair
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
The default picture is Citizensbank park. The game does not come with all stadiums
Carry on then!

I don't know how I didn't pick this up considering I'd already played a series at three different parks prior to visiting Houston.
Alistair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #285
shimwooley
Bat Boy

Too many, Too fake

I have tried over and over to set this up and play it. I get 2 to 4 HBP per games. Also on average 6 - 12 walks per game.....c'mon !
shimwooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #286
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimwooley View Post
I have tried over and over to set this up and play it. I get 2 to 4 HBP per games. Also on average 6 - 12 walks per game.....c'mon !
Whats your setup? CC Sabathia might not walk 6-12 a game but someone like Carlos Zambrano might. While I won;t say that you haven't had those #'s they all seem exaggerated.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #287
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

I am able to finally play OOTP 13 in earnest.

This is an awsome version and there have been some extremely helpful patches put out! Congratulations to the entire team for such a great upgrade!

OOTP baseball in general is an excellent product.

I have been posting suggested improvements and bugs as they occur to me or as I run across them. I want to make clear though, that the overall product is Excellent and has continued to improve year after year.

If you are thinking about buying, do it. You will not be disappointed. Dive in to the world of OOTP. If you want the experience of managing a real life baseball team, this is the closest you can come.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #288
shimwooley
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Whats your setup? CC Sabathia might not walk 6-12 a game but someone like Carlos Zambrano might. While I won;t say that you haven't had those #'s they all seem exaggerated.

Pitchers era's are not real and I don't know what you mean setup ?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #289
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pitchers era's are not real and I don't know what you mean setup ?
Fictional, modern or historical? what modifiers do you have setup? Which pitchers in particular are you talking about?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #290
shimwooley
Bat Boy

HBP fake

Just started a season with the Padres. First game Tim Stauffer 3 BB 2 HBP
Second game underway Clayton Richard 5th inning 4BB 2 HBP.
3rd game Edison Volquez 7 walks

That's just plain dumb !

Damn I wish their was a way to tune this game like most so I could
get real results !

Last edited by shimwooley; 08-22-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #291
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just started a season with the Padres. First game Tim Stauffer 3 BB 2 HBP
Second game underway Clayton Richard 5th inning 4BB 2 HBP.

That's just plain dumb !

Damn I wish their was a way to tune this game like most so I could
get real results !
Tim Stauffer had 8 HBP last year Richard 2, 4 this yr. Come back and tell us how many they have their next starts. And there is a way you can lower HBP in the modifiers.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #292
madJ
Major Leagues

Bashing the game based on a small sample size (1 start for each of those named pitchers) is just plain dumb (to use the same language).
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #293
zappa1
All Star Starter

editing players stats

I would like to be able to edit player stats to fix scoring problems in the game. Maybe somebody should get a sac and an rbi but because of a error the batter is charged with an at bat. Things like that. I've also seen on some double steals not all runners are credited with a steal. At least this way if you could edit the stats, you could fix them yourself.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #294
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I would like to be able to edit player stats to fix scoring problems in the game. Maybe somebody should get a sac and an rbi but because of a error the batter is charged with an at bat. Things like that. I've also seen on some double steals not all runners are credited with a steal. At least this way if you could edit the stats, you could fix them yourself.
I know database information can be extracted to use SQL to manipulate information. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain whether information updated by SQL can be imported back into the game database.

Of course that would be too complex for most users.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #295
shimwooley
Bat Boy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by madJ View Post
Bashing the game based on a small sample size (1 start for each of those named pitchers) is just plain dumb (to use the same language).

Dude I've played this 30 to 40 games walks vs. so are not even close to real and if real players were hit as many times with HBP in real life everybody would be injured !
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 AM   #296
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dude I've played this 30 to 40 games walks vs. so are not even close to real and if real players were hit as many times with HBP in real life everybody would be injured !
Sounds like your league totals are somehow out of whack then. Go to the league menu and choose league setup and then go to the strategy tab. On there you'll see that you can change the modifiers so that BBs, HBPs, etc. are more realistic.

Of course, I'm not sure why this would happen. I've seen this happen in my league sometimes even though I've used autocalc and now I'm starting to think there's a problem here. Was this the default settings for a new league by chance?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #297
The Game
Hall Of Famer

deleted

Last edited by The Game; 09-13-2012 at 02:13 AM. Reason: uploaded wrong image
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #298
Muleear
Bat Boy

Markus,
Will Baseball's Substitution Rule ever be programmed into the game engine?
THE RULE:
Each team is allowed to substitute for any player at any time the ball is dead. A batter who replaces another batter is referred to as a pinch hitter; similarly, a pinch runner may be used as a replacement for a baserunner. Any player who replaces another player between innings, or while the team is in the field, is known as a "defensive replacement". A replacement pitcher is called a relief pitcher.

Any replacement is a permanent substitution; the replaced player may not return to the game under any circumstances. Thus, a pitcher that has been replaced by a relief pitcher cannot return to pitch later in the game, and any batter who is replaced by a pinch-hitter cannot take the field in the following inning (or even bat again if his turn comes up again in the same inning). This is in contrast to some other sports, such as basketball and American football, that practice "free substitution". In some cases, if the defensive manager responds to the entrance of a pinch-hitter by bringing in a new pitcher, the pinch-hitter may be replaced by another pinch-hitter without having even come to the plate, in which case the first pinch-hitter is considered to have entered the game and is ineligible to do so later. However, the defensive manager may not replace a pitcher who has not pitched to at least one batter, except in case of injury.
I've been waiting for years for this to happen!
Muleear
Muleear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #299
Henry
Hall of Fame

Given everything about v14, I love it. It's certainly the most complex baseball simulation available, and it's been fun watching it grow from way-back-v3!

My one disappointment, however, is the kind of half hearted attempt to provide a newspaper format of the day's results and a season summary.

1. The newspaper articles are great - but only available in the current year and have to be read online - no option to print besides Facebook (one article at a time and with no pictures).

2. As of this year, there is a way to see daily standings - but again, only online. I would love to see the daily standings, league leaders, and newspaper stories on a daily report that could be printed out.

3. Although the Almanac is a wealth of information, I would like to see a minimal page count summary of a season that could either be printed or compiled into a PDF file. Realistically it would look similar to the daily standings, but with a summary story about the world series, the winning team, and the all star game. A bonus would be any league records broken that specific year.

I'm well aware that I'm one of the few that would see this as a great advantage. Many OOTP customers want further detail in the management of the teams before any time is spent on record-keeping or a newspaper format. I just hope Markus & Co. finds a way to add these "great" features too.

Henry
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #300
mark1529
Minors (Single A)

been playing this for 3 straight days and can't put it down
it's come along way from earlier versions that i remember!!
just so so deep still discovering new features
it's a keeper