Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #81
Khan
All Star Reserve

This may seem like a silly request, but anyone got any good schedules that follow the current MLB format.

I haven't been happy with the OOTP generated scheds ,nor the ones generated with Stickware. I've tried making my own custom one but have lost patience. So anybody?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:51 PM   #82
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Khan
This may seem like a silly request, but anyone got any good schedules that follow the current MLB format.

I haven't been happy with the OOTP generated scheds ,nor the ones generated with Stickware. I've tried making my own custom one but have lost patience. So anybody?
Use the one the came with the default rosters.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #83
Khan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by rdomico
Use the one the came with the default rosters.
I am for the 3rd straight year!!!!

Just looking for some variety.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:00 PM   #84
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by davwms
Per Chance, does anyone have an 80, 81, or 82 game schedule including interleague play for a 20 team - 2 league - 2 divisions per league 5 teams in each division ? I'm going to try to make one myself, but I am usually not all that great at things like this...
It might be easy to adapt (take ~half of) a 162 game schedule... Do you have any specifics on what you want, like the number of the various matchups among teams? Off the top of my head I could see something like this - 10 games against the 4 division foes (6H/4A or 4H/6A), 6 games against the 5 teams of other division (3H/3A), and one 3-game series against four of the teams in the other league for a total of 40+30+12=82 games.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:03 PM   #85
Hank Greenberg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by gmo
[B]20 team, 153 game schedule

(can also be easily trimmed to 144 games)
2 leagues, 1 division per league, 10 teams per division
19 or 13 games per opponent
no interleague games

Quirky schedule made by request... First 144 games are all in Tues-Sun 6-game series with Mon always an offday. Final 9 games are 1-game matchups against each of the other teams with an offday between all games.

See the top of the file for further details.
Thank you much gmo.

A bit of an odd schedule I know but I like the thought of a tight race heading into the last part of the season and knowing those teams will have an even field heading into the last 10 days.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM   #86
davwms
All Star Starter

I am actually in favor of trying to keep the same number of home and away games.. would something like this be possible:

10 games against each team within division
(3-game series and 2-game series Home and same for Away)
6 games versus teams in other division/ Same league
(3-game series Home and 3-game series Away)
1 2-game series versus 6 of the teams in other league
(half would be home and half away)

(10x4)+(6x5)+(2x6) = 40+30+12= 82 total games

I am also fond of having every team play each day, but still have 1 or 2 days off each week.. But I'll take whatever I can get:-) Anything at all would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gmo
It might be easy to adapt (take ~half of) a 162 game schedule... Do you have any specifics on what you want, like the number of the various matchups among teams? Off the top of my head I could see something like this - 10 games against the 4 division foes (6H/4A or 4H/6A), 6 games against the 5 teams of other division (3H/3A), and one 3-game series against four of the teams in the other league for a total of 40+30+12=82 games.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:31 AM   #87
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by davwms
[B]10 games against each team within division
-(3-game series and 2-game series Home and same for Away)
6 games versus teams in other division/ Same league
-(3-game series Home and 3-game series Away)
1 2-game series versus 6 of the teams in other league
-(half would be home and half away)
Not saying I'll knock it out right away but that sounds manageable. Two 2-game series just make a little more work than single 4-game series, but with only 82 games that's less of an issue.

I could use some clarification on a couple little things though to get as close to what you'd like as I can...

Quote:
I am also fond of having every team play each day
Do you mean when any teams play have all the teams play, and all the teams have the same offdays? If possible, for myself at least, at the end I shift games around so all teams are not either playing or not on all days. I don't mind doing this at all, but if you don't want it, that is a little less work.

Quote:
but still have 1 or 2 days off each week..
Discounting the All-Star Break, I usually go for an average of about two offdays per three weeks since this is roughly what we see in current MLB schedules. So would you like every, or at least almost every, week to have an offday with maybe half also having another, to get you to more like three offdays per every two weeks? I'm especially thinking with regard to how to layout the in this case numerous 2-game series. I generally only put them either alone the first half of the week, which in this case would allow for two offdays per week by putting the games Tues-Wed and a 3-game series Fri-Sun, or paired up Mon-Tues and Wed-Thurs, which does allow for offdays assuming a 3-game series over the weekend. Would you like 2-game series on weekends?

Just give me as much detail about that stuff as you can or want to. If I decide to work on it in the meantime, I can at least start setting the matchups. Oh yeah, and should I bother putting an All-Star Break, or would you do it at the end if at all? And when would you like the intergames - scattered about, all together mid-season, in little clumps, something else?

Last edited by gmo; 06-11-2004 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:57 AM   #88
davwms
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by gmo
Do you mean when any teams play have all the teams play, and all the teams have the same offdays? If possible, for myself at least, at the end I shift games around so all teams are not either playing or not on all days. I don't mind doing this at all, but if you don't want it, that is a little less work.
I run an on line GM-style league. With the OOTP Schedule Generator it has all the teams start the 3 game series on the same day and the 2 game series on the same days. I just run the series of game (If it's a 3 game series starting, I run the 3 games, if it's a 2 game series, I run the 2 games). It works out nicely if all teams are in a same length of series.

Quote:
Discounting the All-Star Break, I usually go for an average of about two offdays per three weeks since this is roughly what we see in current MLB schedules. So would you like every, or at least almost every, week to have an offday with maybe half also having another, to get you to more like three offdays per every two weeks? I'm especially thinking with regard to how to layout the in this case numerous 2-game series. I generally only put them either alone the first half of the week, which in this case would allow for two offdays per week by putting the games Tues-Wed and a 3-game series Fri-Sun, or paired up Mon-Tues and Wed-Thurs, which does allow for offdays assuming a 3-game series over the weekend. Would you like 2-game series on weekends?
It doesn't really matter to me when or how often there are off days.. in fact I just realized that if there are no off days then that is fine with me, too.. I'm thinking of the New York-Penn League that runs an 82 game schedule and actually only has off days before and after the all-star game (or at least that is how it used to be when I used to go to the games years ago)

Quote:
Just give me as much detail about that stuff as you can or want to. If I decide to work on it in the meantime, I can at least start setting the matchups. Oh yeah, and should I bother putting an All-Star Break, or would you do it at the end if at all? And when would you like the intergames - scattered about, all together mid-season, in little clumps, something else?
YES, please include the all-star break (somewhere around the 42-45 game mark)
I think I'd like the intergames during the middle of the season.. Definitely not at the beginning of the season or at the end of the season..

...and thanks a ton for this.. really.. In the past, for other leagues that I have ran, I would actually attempt at setting a schedule and for some reason, I can never get it to work out correctly.. I mean i would spend weeks on the darn things and then end up having an extremely unbalanced schedule. Funny.. I had a friend who was a bit slow, but he would be able to throw one together in a matter of minutes, and it would be perfect..
Old 06-12-2004, 04:53 AM   #89
gmo
Hall Of Famer

20 team, 82 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions per league, 5 teams per division
40 games in the division (10 per opponent)
30 games outside division, in league (6 per opponent)
12 interleague games against 6 opponents (2 per opponent)

See the comments at the top of the file for a few more details.

Here you go, davwms - it's as good as I could do relatively quickly. Check it out. At the moment I am rather schedule-burned out, but if you really wanted there is some room for a few changes, like shortening the All-Star Break (a little time-consuming since it means moving stuff around which might necessitate more changes as well as not starting the season on Monday or ending on a weekend), or running July-Oct rather than Apr-July (a snap, you could do that). Just let me know if there's anything else I can do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team82_225u.txt (11.1 KB, 591 views)
Old 06-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #90
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Khan

This deserves some attention, but I don't know what I have to offer. I've not tried doing anything with unequal numbers of teams in the divisions, and I don't really have much interest. It just sounds hard. One thing that I would be willing to do is take the schedule and juggle the teams within the division to tweak the matchups. But then OOTP does this itself when moving proceeding to next season, and you still have the same divisional matchups for interleague. I'm kind of surprised Retrosheet does not have any schedules posted besides 2004 for the last several years when MLB has been configured as it has been.

Well, that did give me an idea. I'll import a custom league from OOTP5 into OOTP6, export the schedule, and viola (missing accent? I don't mean the pitcher) there's the 2003 schedule. Not much, but it's something else. And I can do the same to get the 2002 schedule.

Last edited by gmo; 06-12-2004 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:48 AM   #91
gmo
Hall Of Famer

2003 MLB schedule

14 team league with 3 divisions of 5, 5, and 4 teams
16 team league with 3 divisions of 5, 6, and 5 teams

Unbalanced (more divisional games) and interleague play

Year starts on: Wednesday
Season starts: March 25 (Tuesday)
All-Star Game: July 15 (Tuesday)

Note that the All-Star Game is NOT entered in the schedule files; you'll have to add it manually after you import the schedule.

***EDIT: On 2004/09/13, the second version ("b") of the file was added, in which an originally scheduled doubleheader of San Diego at Philadelphia on 08/02 had the second game move to 08/04 (an offday for both teams)***

Schedule was simply taken from a custom league created in V5 then imported into V6 for the sole purpose of getting it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule2003mlb.txt (40.3 KB, 568 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule2003MLB_b.txt (40.4 KB, 514 views)

Last edited by gmo; 09-13-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:03 AM   #92
gmo
Hall Of Famer

2002 MLB schedule

14 team league with 3 divisions of 5, 5, and 4 teams
16 team league with 3 divisions of 5, 6, and 5 teams

Unbalanced (more divisional games) and interleague play

Year starts on: Tuesday
Season starts: March 31 (Sunday)
All-Star Game: July 9 (Tuesday)

Note that the All-Star Game is NOT entered in the schedule files; you'll have to add it manually after you import the schedule.

Yup, created custom league in V4, imported to V5, imported to V6, exported the schedule. That's as far back as I can go with this method. Anybody else want to trump that?
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule2002mlb.txt (40.3 KB, 569 views)

Last edited by gmo; 06-12-2004 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:45 AM   #93
davwms
All Star Starter

Thanks a ton, GMO! You're awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gmo
20 team, 82 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions per league, 5 teams per division
40 games in the division (10 per opponent)
30 games outside division, in league (6 per opponent)
12 interleague games against 6 opponents (2 per opponent)

See the comments at the top of the file for a few more details.

Here you go, davwms - it's as good as I could do relatively quickly. Check it out. At the moment I am rather schedule-burned out, but if you really wanted there is some room for a few changes, like shortening the All-Star Break (a little time-consuming since it means moving stuff around which might necessitate more changes as well as not starting the season on Monday or ending on a weekend), or running July-Oct rather than Apr-July (a snap, you could do that). Just let me know if there's anything else I can do.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:54 PM   #94
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by gmo
I'm kind of surprised Retrosheet does not have any schedules posted besides 2004 for the last several years when MLB has been configured as it has been.
Uh, that's my fault. I haven't been checking over all the proofing comments that were sent to me detailing the discrepancies between the files I originally created and various published sources.

Most of the discrepancies were related to starting time classification, i.e. whether a game was a day or night contest, and so on. It is really tedious to check that kind of thing, especially when there are 20 or more such discrepancies between each league, so I've been avoiding it.

The last seasons I finally cross-checked and confirmed all the info on were 1965 and 1986-87. I haven't sent the updated schedules file to Retrosheet yet because I figure I might as well wait until I have a good number ready for posting on Retrosheet to make a worthwhile update.

In any case, the scheduling for MLB since 1998 has been horrid thanks to the imbalance in the structure between the leagues and interleague play. Then there was the change to a divisional schedule in 2001, and the rotation of interleague opponents. This latter element is also very problematic, since it isn't possible to truly rotate it an orderly way.

By the way, I've recently come across several instances of minor leagues who operated for an entire season with an odd number of teams. I even managed to find a schedule for one such case, the Carolina League of 1966, which operated that year with 11 teams. I'm currently transcribing that schedule, and once it's done I'll make an OOTP-importable version so folks can check out how such a situation was handled. It should be pretty interesting...
Old 06-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #95
Khan
All Star Reserve

Thanks GMO for those scheds. Any little variety is better than nothing .
Old 06-25-2004, 12:16 AM   #96
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Hey eveybody,

The CBL needs a schedule for next season. The problem we have is we have a 168 game schedule so stickware doesn't work for us. The in-game schedule works but we would like a better one

24 teams, 2 leagues, 3 divisions each, 4 teams each division.

we would prefer unbalanced, with a little bit of interleague play.

I am assuming that we will have to make our own, but i am hoping somebody has something that we can use.

thanks

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
Old 06-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #97
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack
168 game schedule

24 teams, 2 leagues, 3 divisions each, 4 teams each division.

we would prefer unbalanced, with a little bit of interleague play.
I have this 162 game schedule. Download that and take a look at the details at the top of the file. What would be really easy for me to do would be to for each team add one home series against one divisional opponent played 15 times and add one away series against the other divisional opponent played 15 times. That would make 52 divisional games broken down 16/18/18. I'd just tack those games into a week in the schedule that could be routinely added whenever you would want them, first week, last week, whenever.

Let me know what you think, and I'll try to hook you up quick-like if that sounds good.

EDIT - Since this is an online league, I can understand you possibly wanting all the teams to have the same offdays rather than mixing them up like in MLB as I have done in that schedule and most I have made. That would require a little back-engineering, but probably would not be a big deal. Maybe you would not be keen on 2 game series, which would be a big problem in this case. But anyway, just give me as much info as you can. If adapting the above schedule won't pan out, I might be able to build another.

Last edited by gmo; 06-25-2004 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:39 AM   #98
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
I have this 162 game schedule. Download that and take a look at the details at the top of the file. What would be really easy for me to do would be to for each team add one home series against one divisional opponent played 15 times and add one away series against the other divisional opponent played 15 times. That would make 52 divisional games broken down 16/18/18. I'd just tack those games into a week in the schedule that could be routinely added whenever you would want them, first week, last week, whenever.

Let me know what you think, and I'll try to hook you up quick-like if that sounds good.

EDIT - Since this is an online league, I can understand you possibly wanting all the teams to have the same offdays rather than mixing them up like in MLB as I have done in that schedule and most I have made. That would require a little back-engineering, but probably would not be a big deal. Maybe you would not be keen on 2 game series, which would be a big problem in this case. But anyway, just give me as much info as you can. If adapting the above schedule won't pan out, I might be able to build another.

That would be great gmo, Tacking the week at the end is fine

thanks.

there is no hurry, we are only halfway done with the current season,(& we are a slow pace league) I am just planning ahead. I wanted enough time in case i had to make one (it would be my first)

edit: I didn't see your edit...lol

we only we sim a 4-3-4 schedule, so owners get plenty of control. I prefer the mixing up of the off days (wouldn't even mind some double headers), its kind of a bummer when our weekend 3 day sim (fri, sat, sun) turns into a 2 day sim.

Last edited by jazzrack; 06-25-2004 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:44 AM   #99
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Do you want the offdays aligned the same for all teams?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:50 AM   #100
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

hehehe, thats funny.

edit: I didn't see your edit...lol

we only we sim a 4-3-4 schedule, so owners get plenty of control. I prefer the mixing up of the off days (wouldn't even mind some double headers), its kind of a bummer when our weekend 3 day sim (fri, sat, sun) turns into a 2 day sim.