Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21- New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
tycobbjim
Bat Boy

All-time draft?

How can I set up a draft to include every player in history? So teams could draft and play Babe Ruth against Jackie Robinson against Barry Bonds against Mike Trout?
tycobbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
Count Coleman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobbjim View Post
How can I set up a draft to include every player in history? So teams could draft and play Babe Ruth against Jackie Robinson against Barry Bonds against Mike Trout?
That is a really good question. It would be fun to make Mike Trout face Cy Young! I'd like to use the modern major leagues as a starting set up, with all the historical players available in an inaugural draft. Please, somebody enlighten us!
Count Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:57 PM   #3
ablobj
Minors (Double A)

There's no way to hold a draft featuring EVERY player in MLB history...that would be a draft pool of around 20,000 players! However, there are two options that kinda come close. The first is to go to the "Quickstart" menu when starting your league and select "All Time Greats". This is basically an all-time franchise all-stars league featuring the best guys at each position for all 30 franchises. You'll get Trout, Cy, Jackie, Barry, the Babe, etc. All of the greats. If you'd like you can choose to release all of these guys into free agency and hold an inaugural draft.

Another option that I love is to start an historical league (in whatever year you like) and select the option "Use random players from all eras." You can start with an inaugural draft, and after each season the new draft pool will be populated with random real-life players from every season...not just the all-time greats, but the ham-and-eggers as well. Hope this helps, anymore questions, feel free to ask!
ablobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #4
rejtable
Bat Boy

Hi, sorry to add to this, but I can't figure out how to release players and then do a giant draft. Been a long time since I've played OOTP, so trying to get used to the menus etc. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has a quick tip, much appreciated!!!
rejtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Try the Baseball Greats mod in the Steam Workshop for OOTP20. There are some problems with OOTP21 right now that is preventing this mod from being converted properly.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #6
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejtable View Post
Hi, sorry to add to this, but I can't figure out how to release players and then do a giant draft. Been a long time since I've played OOTP, so trying to get used to the menus etc. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has a quick tip, much appreciated!!!
I think you just go to LEAGUE SETTINGS>FUNCTIONS and hit CLEAR ROSTERS. This makes all players in the league free agents. Then do a draft, set up draft rules and away you go.
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote