Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #21
Orion
Major Leagues

Well, I ripped 100 packs for Angelfire as it seems to be a great way to stock up on cards to do collections. It was going really poorly (I always have crap luck with packs), pulled a 94 Flahery, 93 Snell, and a 91 Andy Messersmith (An Angel! Hallelujah!). Then on pack #93 I pulled my first perfect EVER. I've opened at least 300 packs so boy was I due. At least I finally got to see the animation. It was just a Live Scherzer but still made the 100 packs decent instead of a letdown. We also did get really lucky with pulling a bunch of historical 69s and 79's. I already have half of a pretty solid bronze tourney team.

Last edited by Orion; 03-23-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #22
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Building the Mets a bit. The goal is to have at least 21 Metsies or honorary Mets (pre-1958 Dodgers and Giants) on the roster, and at most five others.

Well, given that I started out with zero cards fitting the description and I wasn't keen on picking up every old iron card out there, things have gone rather slowly, but I am adding a new card here and there. Just now picked up an (88) 1978 Snapshot John Stearns!

This is all I got as far as Mets and honorary Mets are concerned:

SP (84) 1920 Leon Cadore (Robins)
MR (62) 1947 Harry Taylor (Dodgers)
C (61) Live Tomas Nido
C (88) 1978 John Stearns
3B(DH) (71) 1986 Ray Knight
SS (67) 1989 Kevin Elster
SS (60) 1956 Pee Wee Reese (Dodgers)
RF(3B) (83) Live Jeff McNeil
I was thinking of you when I opened my starter packs for Taos. I got a whole mess of Mets...

Old 03-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #23
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Never seen this one before.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #24
Orion
Major Leagues

Oho Look what I found!

Hanky spanky!
Attached Images

Last edited by Orion; 03-23-2020 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #25
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs were placed in R82 for the inaugural week of PT league play.

Looking around the league, we stick out like the sorest of thumbs and it would take a Miracle on Ice level upset to not win this league. At present, it's quite the event when losing a single game. We're 24-1. Not to fear, to all those raring to gripe about whales, because I won't be doing any funny stuff to stay in low levels for more than a week per level. Just wanted to climb the entire ladder.

Attached a pic so you can see what we're working with. The team is mostly made of collection mission rewards, with a few fortuitous pack pulls sprinkled in.

Good luck to everyone in your race to the top!
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:57 PM   #26
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs were placed in R82 for the inaugural week of PT league play.

Looking around the league, we stick out like the sorest of thumbs and it would take a Miracle on Ice level upset to not win this league. At present, it's quite the event when losing a single game. We're 24-1. Not to fear, to all those raring to gripe about whales, because I won't be doing any funny stuff to stay in low levels for more than a week per level. Just wanted to climb the entire ladder.

Attached a pic so you can see what we're working with. The team is mostly made of collection mission rewards, with a few fortuitous pack pulls sprinkled in.

Good luck to everyone in your race to the top!
That Connor card is amazing... I debated between Connor and Cap Anson, I went with Cap mainly due to already very heavy on the lefty dept. That said, I think Connor is one of the best cards in the game, just like PT20.

Yeah you should have very little problems in your league... I have at least some competition in my Iron League.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:06 AM   #27
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
That Connor card is amazing... I debated between Connor and Cap Anson, I went with Cap mainly due to already very heavy on the lefty dept. That said, I think Connor is one of the best cards in the game, just like PT20.

Yeah you should have very little problems in your league... I have at least some competition in my Iron League.
Roger Connor struck out zero times today. I think I'll continue to play him!

Old 03-24-2020, 12:14 AM   #28
skep
Minors (Double A)

We're through Monday and things are looking like this :

Red Bandits 14-12 0GB
Mostly silver now with a few golds mixed in. Was getting killed in the iron tournaments but now can hang in the silver.

Watermelon Bandits 13-13 7.5GB
King Felix leading the parade of rag-tags behind him.

Pink Bandits 19-6 0GB
Ellis Kinder is a beast, but he's always tired. Turned a 10k tourney win and some nice achievements into a few gold pieces, namely Ray Durham.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:17 AM   #29
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Had a bit of luck finding historical diamonds on Hollywoo, pulled my third in maybe 30 packs tonight.

None of them are particularly great (93 Peak Tim Wallace, 94 All-Star Max Lanier), but my third is an interesting Mets closer, 99 Peak Armando Benitez. 142/81/75 with an eye popping 151 stuff against RHB. Threw him in the auction for an absurd amount we’ll see if anyone bites.

My teams are suck and will suck for months so this was nice to see. Hoping Hollywoo doesn’t get promoted from Rookiee but we’ll see.

Last edited by Caedus; 03-24-2020 at 12:19 AM.
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:59 AM   #30
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes started 20-6, a 7 game league, each division has at least one collection heavy team which is leading the way, very unbalanced league so far. Lots of Bagwells and Maddux dominating stats (i don't have either yet)

Pachuca Pack Rats 22-5, we had a decent all gold rotation and BIll Bonham decided to go on a tear striking out 10+ in multiple games (including 16 in one) racking up some PP, so i opened a couple of packs and got Eugenio Suarez and Anthony Rizzo in the same pack, giving me more than enough bats to lead the league in almost every offensive category. George Springer is the star of the team so far hitting .366 with 10HR

Lowdown Lugnuts 16-9 ''I'm going to build the team around Frank Robinson'' Mike Sweeney ''hold my beer'' .380 7HR. Aside from those 2 we have very little power, but a ton of d and bronze/silver pitching and decent speed. So we are 1st in runs against, stolen bases and zoen rating/efficiency

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #31
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Hanky spanky!
About time there's a high diamong Hank Greenberg. I've always thought he was underrated in the first two versions of PT.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:40 AM   #32
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
About time there's a high diamong Hank Greenberg. I've always thought he was underrated in the first two versions of PT.

His PT 20 card hits pretty dang good. I believe for a while I platooned him against Lefties and used him in Diamond tourneys.
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #33
bailey
Hall Of Famer

A random iron team won 4 packs for me overnight. The AI setup only gave me 4 pitchers (!) so I had to spend a few extra minutes grabbing random pitchers.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #34
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Slowly, slowly getting there with the Live Collections

Currently on 257/997 Lives, all but 6 of which are Bronze & Iron
Attached Images
Old 03-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #35
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Better than I'm doing, but I'm cheap and refuse to pay more than PT20 prices so the only Silvers I have are the ones I pulled.

I'm on 69 cards. Hey-yo!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #36
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Better than I'm doing, but I'm cheap and refuse to pay more than PT20 prices so the only Silvers I have are the ones I pulled.

I'm on 69 cards. Hey-yo!
I've been going for Irons up to 15 (moving up to 20 now), Bronze up to 50 (moving up to 60 now), and the odd Silver I bought was up to 300, but I'm not sure how that markets gonna go right now
Old 03-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #37
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I've been going for Irons up to 15 (moving up to 20 now), Bronze up to 50 (moving up to 60 now), and the odd Silver I bought was up to 300, but I'm not sure how that markets gonna go right now
The 50 limit on auctions will limit the amount of 'product' available for auction at any one time, especially the low $ iron/bronze. This has raised the price due to scarcity. It will continue to climb IMHO.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:57 PM   #38
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:

I'm on 69 cards. Hey-yo!
Nice.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #39
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Slowly, slowly getting there with the Live Collections

Currently on 257/997 Lives, all but 6 of which are Bronze & Iron
Pretty good few hours - up to 322/992 now. Started paying slightly more, 25 for Irons, 65 for Bronze. Anything below 500 for Silver if I have the pp spare

Oh, and my team are also playing baseball games while their GM lives down the local market. 21-14 in Rookie 66 for the Birmingham Bolts, nice start
Attached Images

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 03-24-2020 at 01:29 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:23 PM   #40
Warhawk
Major Leagues

White Tigers started 21-1, 7-8 since then.

Meanwhile the Sun Kings have won 9 of their last 11, going from around a 1 game lead last night to a 6.5 game lead right now at 25-14 as the team in second has lost 7 of 8.

Black Knights have lost 7 of 8 to drop back to 17-21.

Getting pretty close on a few missions for the Kings and Knights but I think I'm looking for the same cards so I'm gonna try to work on the Knights first.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote