Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:35 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Roster set issues (MLB / MiLB / International / Indy leagues) go here!

Hey guys,

we want to constantly improve the real roster set, so please post issues you run across here once the game is released. Keep in mind though, it is not Opening Day yet, so these rosters are meant to be projections and obviously not the final version.

Please do not post issues with players being on wrong roster / lineup / pitching staff spots, the AI sets these up and there is nothing we can do to force player X to be used in a certain predefined way.

Also, do not post stuff like "Trout just hit .260 in my sim, this cannot be right." or "Why has X better ratings than Y?". Posts like these will be ignored! Major league player ratings are based on ZiPS projections, not opinion.

Please, please before you make any comments in this thread that touch on ratings or rankings, turn off scouting. If you're commenting when you still have scouting on, it's inaccurate, confusing and a waste of both our time and your own.

Please post here:
- Errors in contracts
- Issues with players being in the wrong organization
- Vastly wrong player ratings (disable scouting first so you see the real ratings), for example a Double-A scrub having allstar-calibre ratings

Thanks for helping!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Also, just be aware that ratings for prospects are still a work in progress.

The top 30-40 prospects per team should be generally good, though maybe with a handful of oddities, but when you get lower than that, some teams have been fully updated and others (the majority) are still being worked on, and will be continually being updated though the next few patches, even beyond the official release.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-17-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Walter Alston
Minors (Single A)

Mets' Yefry Ramirez is on a major league contract with no options remaining. This means I'll have to release him to free up a roster spot since I can't demote him to the minors.

In real life, he signed a minor league contract. Please fix. Thanks.
Walter Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Alston View Post
Mets' Yefry Ramirez is on a major league contract with no options remaining. This means I'll have to release him to free up a roster spot since I can't demote him to the minors.

In real life, he signed a minor league contract. Please fix. Thanks.
Unfortunately, this is not something we can fix. If the ai sets the rosters up with him in the majors (where the ai assigns players is beyond our control, unless we lower or raise their ratings to "encourage" it to do the "right" thing), then he gets a major league contract automatically.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 PM   #5
murp0560
Minors (Single A)

Wink Lukas Bugged...

I'm pretty sure that Lukas is bugged. He can't seem to rate the Minnesota Twins highly enough. Thanks for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

we want to constantly improve the real roster set, so please post issues you run across here once the game is released. Keep in mind though, it is not Opening Day yet, so these rosters are meant to be projections and obviously not the final version.

Please do not post issues with players being on wrong roster / lineup / pitching staff spots, the AI sets these up and there is nothing we can do to force player X to be used in a certain predefined way.

Also, do not post stuff like "Trout just hit .260 in my sim, this cannot be right." or "Why has X better ratings than Y?". Posts like these will be ignored! Major league player ratings are based on ZiPS projections, not opinion.

Please, please before you make any comments in this thread that touch on ratings or rankings, turn off scouting. If you're commenting when you still have scouting on, it's inaccurate, confusing and a waste of both our time and your own.

Please post here:
- Errors in contracts
- Issues with players being in the wrong organization
- Vastly wrong player ratings (disable scouting first so you see the real ratings), for example a Double-A scrub having allstar-calibre ratings

Thanks for helping!
Markus
murp0560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by murp0560 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Lukas is bugged. He can't seem to rate the Minnesota Twins highly enough. Thanks for everything.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

That's why we include the editor with the game!

Old 03-17-2020, 02:08 PM   #8
thestlcardsfan4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Ah. I'll post my complaint anyway, but I suspect this isn't going to be changed. Carlos Martinez is listed as a reliever in the game and he's going to be a starter in real life, which fine. However, I think we should have the option of converting him to starter, which we can't because his stamina is now 30. I mean you have Austin Gomber in the MLB bullpen and his stamina is 50, so I don't see why Martinez can't also have a starter-like stamina.
thestlcardsfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #9
Snake Eater
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Talking Mookie Betts

I'm having an issue where Mookie Betts keeps appearing on the Dodgers. This obviously isn't right, as if the Red Sox traded him away it would be completely unnecessary and incredibly stupid. Please fix ASAP.
Snake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:34 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestlcardsfan4 View Post
Ah. I'll post my complaint anyway, but I suspect this isn't going to be changed. Carlos Martinez is listed as a reliever in the game and he's going to be a starter in real life, which fine. However, I think we should have the option of converting him to starter, which we can't because his stamina is now 30. I mean you have Austin Gomber in the MLB bullpen and his stamina is 50, so I don't see why Martinez can't also have a starter-like stamina.
No, this is a good kind of thing to complain about.

We actually changed this already, but it didn't make it int the initial public beta build. It'll be in the first patch.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #11
BaseballATeam
Bat Boy

Odubel Herrera

Odubel Herrera should already be outrighted off the Phillies 40-man roster. Technically, his salary should not count against the lux tax, although I'm not sure if that's how OOTP is designed to behave.
BaseballATeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:03 PM   #12
cardinals5898
Bat Boy

Jordan Hicks should only be out for 4 months or so not 11 months, and Mookie Betts should be a free agent in 2021
cardinals5898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #13
cardinals5898
Bat Boy

J.T Realmuto, Robbie Ray are also supposed to be free agents in 2021 but the game has them as being eligible for arbitration. Seems to be a problem with service time?
Old 03-18-2020, 02:45 AM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals5898 View Post
J.T Realmuto, Robbie Ray are also supposed to be free agents in 2021 but the game has them as being eligible for arbitration. Seems to be a problem with service time?
I believe we still need to update pro service years. However MLB service time should be correct.

EDIT: Ok, looks like it hasn't been updated in some cases. We'll work on that.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-18-2020 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:47 AM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals5898 View Post
Jordan Hicks should only be out for 4 months or so not 11 months, and Mookie Betts should be a free agent in 2021
Recoveries from TJ are really not super predictable. I think it's very hard to say with any certainty exactly how long Hicks will be out, but given that he had surgery on Jun 26 and very few guys tend to come back from TJ in 12 months (not unheard of, but the average is probably closer to 18ish), I think the 11 month estimate is more likely to be right.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:49 AM   #16
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballATeam View Post
Odubel Herrera should already be outrighted off the Phillies 40-man roster. Technically, his salary should not count against the lux tax, although I'm not sure if that's how OOTP is designed to behave.
40-man roster spots we do not and cannot control. This is up to the AI.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #17
GoOakland
Bat Boy

Question Service time errors

Sorry if these are known issues:

1. I've found many players' service time were not accumulated correctly on Standard MLB game (though I haven't looked into deeply when it stopped accumulating service time)
e.x. Jonathan Villar started season with 5years 113days of service time and finished it with 5 years 145 days.
Realmuto started with 5years 38 days and finished with it 5 years 48 days.

I think this is why Realmuto, Ray, Betts, and lots of more players who should be eligible FAs after 2020 season but aren't eligible FAs.

2. Also regarding to Carlos Martinez's stamina thing, we maybe can say the same thing to Jose Urena (MIA). He spent his all career, except a few months of last year, as a starter but his stamina is too low to be a starter in OOTP21.
GoOakland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:29 AM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOakland View Post
Sorry if these are known issues:

1. I've found many players' service time were not accumulated correctly on Standard MLB game (though I haven't looked into deeply when it stopped accumulating service time)
e.x. Jonathan Villar started season with 5years 113days of service time and finished it with 5 years 145 days.
Realmuto started with 5years 38 days and finished with it 5 years 48 days.

I think this is why Realmuto, Ray, Betts, and lots of more players who should be eligible FAs after 2020 season but aren't eligible FAs.

2. Also regarding to Carlos Martinez's stamina thing, we maybe can say the same thing to Jose Urena (MIA). He spent his all career, except a few months of last year, as a starter but his stamina is too low to be a starter in OOTP21.
Yeah, that makes sense, because we've just been looking into it and found the service time is right for those guys. the bug must be somewhere else.

Urena will be fixed next patch.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:49 AM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Will be fixed next build. Fix applies to new games then.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #20
cardinals5898
Bat Boy

I am playing in rookie league as a manger, and I noticed a possible bug. When a player gets injured in any league, the computer sends them to AAA and then places them on the injured list instead of keeping them at their level