Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM   #81
Hal Wing
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Player numbers

I'm creating historical rosters. Luis Gonzalez should be #20; when I try to assign him that number in editing mode, I get the message that the number is already assigned to someone else. It isn't.

Solved! I had to go in and un-retire his number. Hope this helps other people.

Last edited by Hal Wing; 03-30-2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Solved my own problem!
Hal Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:16 PM   #82
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

WAR leaderboards and world_default quirks...

I've actually noticed this in the last few OOTPs, but I was too busy focusing on a larger bug to report it. Now that the bug in question appears fixed (hooray!), I'll bring it up now:

1. The Wins Above Replacement leaderboard for postseason batters doesn't work, both for single seasons and careers. It's still being calculated on the player pages, however, and for postseason pitchers, there are no issues with the leaderboard. I'll provide a screenshot if needed.

As for the more minor world_default stuff:
2. Eswatini's flag is still listed as SWZ.png instead of ESW.png. As a result, it doesn't show up at all in the game a the moment without XML editing or file renaming.
3. Four cities listed in England are actually in the Channel Islands. St. Andrew is in Guernsey, while Sts. John, Mary, and Peter are in Jersey. The four are currently the only cities in England not listed in the "state" of England.

That's all. Thank you for a great game, by the way.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #83
slugga27
All Star Starter

Not sure if this should go here, but the WPA graph for my most recent game noted that J.D. Martinez drew a walk, driving in 2 runs. In reality (verified with the game log), he hit a two-run home run.
Attached Images
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #84
dlearner
Bat Boy

There are several things cut off in the widgets at the bottom of the lineups page

There are several things cut off in the widgets at the bottom of the lineups page
Attached Images
dlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:54 PM   #85
dlearner
Bat Boy

Owner goal is cut off

Owner goal is cut off
Attached Images
Old 04-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #86
dlearner
Bat Boy

Two propects are ranked #1

I assume that this shouldn't be possible.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 PM   #87
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Custom Lineup

When you create a custom lineup, the saved lineup has... some extra stuff added to the name. In the example, i have two custom lineups; REST KENDALL and TEMP.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:57 PM   #88
henry296
All Star Reserve

In the live play by play, I had this: Last time Hosmer batter with a runner on 3rd and came up with an error.

He did reach an error and it sounds like it wants to say the type of hit but this time it wasn't a hit so that doesn't read right The first part may not be exactly right but the came up with an error was the last part.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:13 PM   #89
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Tried to fix it, henry, but no guarantee.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #90
henry296
All Star Reserve

Why is Keiburt Ruiz in all caps for his name in the default league setup?
Old 04-04-2020, 05:01 PM   #91
asjdwf
Bat Boy

After striking out or getting a hit helmet from batter/runner stays on screen

After the batter strikes out or gets a hit/walks, the helmet minus player body stays in between the plate and the pitching mound. It kind of just fades away.
asjdwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #92
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Awkward logo issue...

I just noticed that the default logo for the Phoenix misspells the team name as "Phoneix". Surprised I haven't seen that before...
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #93
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Rule 5 Draft during offseason before 2023!

On the rule 5 draft page it shows Oakland having 41 players on the 40 man roster. It shows them having 5 RF.

But when you go their team page, it shows only 40 players and 4 RF.

Mark Payton was added to 40 man on Dec. 15th, only to be DFA'd on Dec. 20th to add another pitcher.
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #94
aks62
Major Leagues

International Complex Players as POTM

A bit of a niche issue here...

I enabled my league to expand and it's presently up to 34 teams. That setup altered the schedule to 153 games a year (though I didn't allow for schedule length to be edited), but that's just context.

The seasons tend to end in mid-September due to the schedule change. However, the game is naming players and rookies of the month in September in both the AL and NL as a random member of a team's international complex. Furthermore, it's skipping the pitcher of the month award altogether.

I'll reply with a screenshot next time it happens but I wanted to address it sooner than later.
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #95
aks62
Major Leagues

"Magic Number" Memo in the Offseason

I saw a post about the Minnesota Twins talking about their magic number being down to 5, but it came in either November or December.

Apologies again for no screenshot but I will take one if it happens again.
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:23 PM   #96
henry296
All Star Reserve

Play by Play says reached last time on single but shows 0 for 1 which is correct. The first plate appearance was a fielders choice on a failed bunt where the lead runner was out at second.
Attached Images
Old 04-10-2020, 02:40 AM   #97
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

This is from v20, but since this happens extremely rarely it most likely wasn't changed for v21 - my league has 3 divisions per sub-league, division winners plus one WC-team go to the play-offs.

And now all three second-place team finished at 96-66, forcing a play-off for the WC-spot.
The tie-breaking setting worked fine - Team A plays Team B, the winner plays Team C, but the storylines are wrong.

Im my scenario Brünn beat Rome (and was set to face Porto to decide the WC-team)
After the game Brünn was mentioned as having clinched the WC (wrong, they still had to play Porto) and Porto was mentioned as having been eliminated (also wrong, they would play Brünn the next day)

Another error is that for Rome "This is the 1st time in a row that they have missed the play-offs"
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #98
seven
All Star Reserve

A field view problem

This occurred with the latest version (21.2.41). After completing the first few innings of a game, I saved and exited to review the scores in the other games of the day. When I went back to the original game, the initial camera field view was no longer my usual "wide" view, but it had changed to something like a first-base line view (see below). Note how the positioning of the players was still based on the "wide" view! I have not seen this before, despite often having saved and exited a game in progress, then gone back again.
Attached Images
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #99
as5680
All Star Starter

Flagged this up last year and seems still to be an issue - in a live simulation where there are an odd number of games scheduled in the league and an even number of them are postponed (e.g. 2 of 3 in the attached example), the single game on the bottom row does not display correctly.
Attached Images
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #100
seven
All Star Reserve

Slip-up in game summary

In the game summary shown below, the wrong team is identify as leading in the 6th inning.
Attached Images
seven is offline   Reply With Quote