Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
ijac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Make Rule 5 Draft Eligibility more clear

It is far too complicated figuring out which players are eligible for the Rule 5 Draft. I lose players every year because I didn't realize they were eligible. Trust me, I've tried to figure out who is eligible beforehand but one or two always slip through.

I simply want a clear way to see all players in my organization that are eligible. I want to see their current rating and potential rating so I can make a quick decision whether I want to keep them or risk them going to the Rule 5 draft.

Last edited by ijac; 02-17-2020 at 12:42 AM.
ijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:12 PM   #2
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
On your team page under "roster transactions" tab then either overview or minor leagues any player on the list will have a "#" next to their name if they are rule 5 eligible. This list will allow you to switch between stats and ratings. The ratings selection will also show overall and potential.

You can also go to "front office" and then "finances" or "owner". Most of these boxes give the option to select what you want them to show. One of the options is "rule 5 eligible" and will list all players in your organization sorted by level. This will only show age, level, and stats. There is no option here to show ratings.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:41 AM   #3
ijac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of both options. I always seem to miss one or two players every season using these options. Both are tedious and incomplete. I want a list that only shows players that are Rule 5 Draft eligible. Don't make me search for the # symbol.

Maybe it could be an option in reports? Select the report, sort by potential or current rating. Done. This would allow me to figure out very quickly which players I want to protect.

Last edited by ijac; 02-17-2020 at 12:43 AM.
ijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:56 AM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijac View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm aware of both options. I always seem to miss one or two players every season using these options. Both are tedious and incomplete. I want a list that only shows players that are Rule 5 Draft eligible. Don't make me search for the # symbol.

Maybe it could be an option in reports? Select the report, sort by potential or current rating. Done. This would allow me to figure out very quickly which players I want to protect.
No problem. With all of the different screens and menus in the game just wanted to make sure you had seen the ones that are currently available

Agreed a report would be nice. The info is obviously there if it can build the list in the financial tab and mark the players with a # on the roster transaction tab. Hopefully your suggestion is implemented in v21.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

I never miss a single player. Just look for the #.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote