Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #21
Semtextual
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
for the people who can't open random dropbox files at work, can someone please let me know if Rendon is the new perfect? I have a ton invested in him. he was still selling for 5K to 5.5K just yesterday
Yes he is
Semtextual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #22
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Update: Here is the list of changes as an excel file and as a CSV text file.

We decided to make these public as other games similar to PT do it, too.
This list seems incomplete... some players jumped from iron to silver like Steven Brault & Jerad Eickhoff. Others dropped from 65+ to iron like Aaron Wilkerson & James Norwood.
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #23
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

I like how the front of the card shows if the overall rating gained or lost since the last week. Great addition.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #24
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

My team was absolutely ravaged by these changes...yay. The one I get rid of because he's been absolutely dreadful (Jose Ramirez) remains perfect? Fun stuff.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
This list seems incomplete... some players jumped from iron to silver like Steven Brault & Jerad Eickhoff. Others dropped from 65+ to iron like Aaron Wilkerson & James Norwood.
Hmmm. Apparently some players did not have their "original value" properly stored in the DB. Unfortunately we cannot fix this now, so the list remains incomplete this week. It's only 5 guys total or so, though.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-08-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I love it. tracking potential rating changes is like an entire other game to play and can enable anyone to end up like a whale
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
The one I get rid of because he's been absolutely dreadful (Jose Ramirez) remains perfect? Fun stuff.
Small sample size. Ramirez has excellent ratings and is not clode to the lower end of the Perfect spectrum apparently, so his slow start was not enough to convert him to a Diamond.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #28
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Is there a list of the 30 players added to the 2019 Live checklist? I apologize if it's posted, I haven't found it if it is. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #29
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

The moment we've all been waiting for....Carlos Rodon went from a 68 to a 70 overall. The White Sox starting ace is getting the credit he's been long over due for.
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #30
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Is there a list of the 30 players added to the 2019 Live checklist? I apologize if it's posted, I haven't found it if it is. Thanks!
Similarly were any historical players added this week or is that on another thread? I submitted several players through the google form recently. Hoping to see Bo Jackson out there soon as I know I'm not the only one who submitted him. Thanks
Old 04-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #31
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Small sample size. Ramirez has excellent ratings and is not clode to the lower end of the Perfect spectrum apparently, so his slow start was not enough to convert him to a Diamond.
I understand that, but he really hasn't hit for much longer than just the start of the year. I thought that might have put him on the lower end of perfect to start. I really have no idea how the ratings relate to the overall. As we say in accounting, it doesn't pass the smell test. It is what it is though.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #32
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Similarly were any historical players added this week or is that on another thread? I submitted several players through the google form recently. Hoping to see Bo Jackson out there soon as I know I'm not the only one who submitted him. Thanks
They do a Twitch show every Monday night at 9PM EST and release the 6 new subset cards.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #33
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hmmm. Apparently some players did not have their "original value" properly stored in the DB. Unfortunately we cannot fix this now, so the list remains incomplete this week. It's only 5 guys total or so, though.
It's no big deal (this is more FYI) but it appears there's a few more than 5 guys that had large changes... a few more:

Spencer Turnbull
Anthony DeSclafani
Billy McKinney
Wade LeBlanc
Sean Newcomb

I'm not looking for them, these are just ones I've come across.

These all went from iron to at least 65

Last edited by The_Savage_1; 04-08-2019 at 10:04 AM.
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #34
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Is this an every week update, every other week, or some other frequency?

Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
It's no big deal (this is more FYI) but it appears there's a few more than 5 guys that had large changes... a few more:

Spencer Turnbull
Anthony DeSclafani
Billy McKinney
Wade LeBlanc
Sean Newcomb

I'm not looking for them, these are just ones I've come across.

These all went from iron to at least 65
Anthony DeSclafani was a 65 and turned into a 66 according to our DB. Not sure where you get your base value info from?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #36
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Is this an every week update, every other week, or some other frequency?
Weekly.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #37
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I understand that, but he really hasn't hit for much longer than just the start of the year. I thought that might have put him on the lower end of perfect to start. I really have no idea how the ratings relate to the overall. As we say in accounting, it doesn't pass the smell test. It is what it is though.
It's true he didn't hit at the end of last year as well, but that's not reflected in the update at all.

His base ratings are just based on his ZIPS projections, and they apparently don't put him near the borderline of being a Diamond player. If he keeps up the slow start, eventually he'll take a hit, but it all depends how bad a player is but also how high the original ratings are, as to how much of a hit they take and how soon. But in any case, how they ended last year isn't factored into things at all.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #38
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

I don't want to be a buzzkill but I doubt people are rushing out to get a Live Anthony Rendon for 35k just because his overall moved up 1 point when it can move back down one point next week. Do his abilities moving the one overall point give him that much more value on the field? Flip for a 20k sell now for even 25k auction is an awesome profit for sure.

I only say this because I've seen 2 Rendon Live cards go up this morning for 35k ask and 40k buy now. Lmao

Last edited by CurlyKarkovice; 04-08-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #39
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Curious, looking at the Tigers cards, that Matt Moore's overall went down by 3. Yeah, he had an injury that knocked him out of Saturday's game, but he was having a great start. Was kinda expecting no change/+1 at most.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #40
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
I don't want to be a buzzkill but I doubt people are rushing out to get a Live Anthony Rendon for 35k just because his overall moved up 1 point when it can move back down one point next week. Do his abilities moving the one overall point give him that much more value on the field? Flip for a 20k sell now for even 25k auction is an awesome profit for sure.

I've seen 2 Rendon Live cards go up this morning for 35k ask and 40k buy now. Lmao
The market will figure that out automatically. It's really hard to say how it will develop