Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #21
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
A 13-3 victory against the Phillies brings our spring record to 3-1. Cubs are next on our schedule, it seems. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #22
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We defeated the Cubs 3-1. That makes us 4-1 this spring so far. Dodgers are next, followed by the Braves, Pirates, Reds, and Giants, from what I see now of our schedule through Wednesday, March 21st. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #23
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We lose in the bottom of the 18th against the Dodgers, to drop to 4-2 during Spring Training, unfortunately. But hopefully, we won't have too many more losses during it, or for the rest of the year, like this one, of course. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #24
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We win 7-3 in the bottom of the ninth, thanks to a grand slam by Jeff Peterson. That makes us 5-2 for Spring Training so far. Pirates are next. Let's see if we can't do better this next game, in terms of defense and getting hits and all, of course, folks. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #25
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Traded five players to the Pirates, three of them 30 years old or older, for a 26-year-old outfielder. Trying to get younger, and all. Two outfielders, two infielders, and a pitcher, in fact. Hopefully, that won't hurt us this season, of course. CD out.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #26
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Won 9-2 against Pittsburgh, but errors on our part didn't help much. They led to at least one of the Pirates' two runs, it seems. We are now 6-2 during spring training, and the Reds are next. We have to stop making errors, most definitely. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #27
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We're now 7-2 after beating the Reds 4-1. No errors this time, but we did hit two home runs. That's nice to see. Bakke may continue to be our closer this year, if he was ours last year. Don't know how well our minor league teams will do this year, but we certainly could use better play from them this year than we did on the lower levels of the minors, where we had teams, of course. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #28
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Sent a bunch of players down to the minors from spring training camp, so that those who remain may get more playing time, plus several minor leagues will start play before the regular season begins in mid-April for us. The PCL is already started, with about 20 games played already for every team, it seems to me. Greensboro is our only affiliate without players at the moment, but there are 14 players left to assign elsewhere in the organization to minor league teams, plus any who may currently be on the disabled list, of which I think we have none at the moment.

We have several half-star players on the trading block still, and the free agent pool still has 789 players in it, as of March 21, before that day's games. Most of the other teams probably do not have much for minor league teams yet, but some teams do have a few affiliates, I believe.

Will continue to keep you all updated on how things develop for the 1934 Cardinals as more time passes on the way to Opening Day. Dizzy is likely to lead the rotation, I think. Herrera or Ruffing will likely slot in behind him. I'm not sure who the fourth starter will be, but I am fairly certain that Bakke will be our closer.

As for position players, I suspect likely starters come Opening Day will include some combination of the following by position:

Catcher will likely be either Al Lopez or Bill Delancey. Josh Gibson may also be a possibility, for certain games during the season, here.

1st base will likely be either Ripper Collins or Tom Anagnos or Heriberto Montijo or Johnny Mize. Too soon to tell for sure, though, just yet.

2nd base may be covered by either Tony Lazzeri or Montijo or Pepper Martin, but I may try to get Medwick's bat into the lineup by playing him here periodically during the season.

3rd base may be where Josh Gibson may play most of his games this year, but Pie Traynor and others may play there periodically as well, including Pepper Martin.

Shortstop is likely to be primarily covered by some combination of Red Rolfe, Lazzeri, or Leo Durocher, at least, but not entirely sure about that yet.

Left Field is likely to be covered primarily by some combination of Jeff Peterson, Joe Medwick, Gibson, Medwick, and/or Mize, at least, I think.

Center field may be primarily covered by Lloyd Waner, but others may play here during the season, including Martin, as well.

Right field will likely be covered by some combination of Paul Waner, Medwick, and Anagnos, if I'm not too mistaken, much of the year, if not all year.

As for the bullpen, those who don't make the rotation, but do make the team for Opening Day, will likely slot in somewhere between it and Bakke. I think I'll try to keep four starters and four relievers on the staff most of the year, but we'll have to see how things go for us this year, especially when it comes to injuries, of course, folks.

I suspect that if Hallahan and/or Carleton do well during the rest of spring training, one of them may make the rotation, and both may make the team. But we've still got quite a few games to play during spring training before Opening Day comes for everyone, of course. 21 left to play during it, I believe, if my math is correct.

Not to mention the distinct possibility that more trades may be made before mid-April, obviously, which could change things considerably for us in the very near future, in any number of ways. So the Opening Day roster for us could be quite different than my listed expectations above, for sure, folks.

Until next time, then, I'll close this report. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 11-07-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #29
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Actually two of our minor leaguers are still on the disabled list. One is likely 7 weeks away from possibly playing after an undisclosed injury, and another is likely 3 months away while recovering from a torn UCL. So we may still need to sign some free agents to provide enough players for our system later on, I think, at least for a while. CD out.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #30
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Another potentially sloppy game on our parts, I think. But we still did win, in any case, although it wasn't by much. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #31
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Any thoughts on how things might be developing here for my Cardinals so far in 1934? Just curious, everyone. Or how they might develop as the season plays out? CD out.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #32
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Dizzy lasts one batter in this game, but our bullpen came through, in relief of him, thankfully. The error didn't help, but fortunately, the Phillies couldn't take advantage of it against us. Lyons pitched very well in relief of Dean. Dean will most likely miss his next planned start, but we'll have to see. We are doing fairly well in Spring Training, but we still have a lot of things we need to improve here, I'm sure, before the regular season starts. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #33
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Cubs beat us on a walk-off home run, although they saw two of their players get hurt and we had one get hurt. Errors were a major issue in this game, for both teams, and they had more hits than we did, as the included screenshots will show you all. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 12:23 AM   #34
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Just finished a 28-inning-game against the Dodgers, won in the bottom of the 28th, 4-3. What a game! Both teams had only pitchers left on their benches at the end of the game, in fact. I suppose we're going to have to hope the next few games won't tax our bullpen too much, now, of course. Will have to post the pictures related to the game in two posts, it seems. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #35
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Continued from previous post. It was very hard to get something going after we tied the score at three, but fortunately, we managed to win. At least nobody on our side got hurt this game, too, as well. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #36
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Too many walks in this game, and the errors didn't help. Briones didn't have it this game, apparently, either. But we're still 10-4 during spring training, I believe. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #37
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We beat the Pirates 4-2, although Briones gave up too many walks this game for my tastes, in truth. I suspect very strongly that he may not make the Opening Day roster, come to think of it. But we'll have to see what happens by mid-April, of course, folks. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 08:31 PM   #38
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Another close game against the Reds, and that error by Collins led to an unearned run for them late in the game. We likely will need to look for better defensive players before the season opener in about two or three weeks of game time. Hopefully, we'll be able to pick up enough good ones, and all, plus get better pitchers who can avoid walking people easier, but we'll have to see, of course. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #39
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

5-4 victory over the Giants this time, but we need to do something to cut the number of hits or walks we allow other teams to get, as best as possible. We don't need all these close contests, at times, I think, as well. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #40
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

This ought to be an interesting season, don't you think, folks? Can I match or beat what the real Cardinals did in 1934 or not? Can I build a dynasty that will dominate the rest of the 1930's and/or the 1940's, at least? What will happen now that the Giants lost two of their better players to other teams during the offseason, at the very least, with Terry heading off to the Phillies and Ott to the Tigers?

What effects will the very busy offseason prove to have left behind for the Cardinals, as well, for the coming season or seasons? Will we improve our first base situation like the owner wants us to do, or not? Who will be the highest-flying Cardinals in 1934, and can we get past the defending World Champion New York Giants? Not only that, can we get at least 100 overall wins this year after the season starts for us?

Will our oldest players be able to earn a ring at the end of the year, and will our lower-level minor leagues perform better, on average, than they might have last year? Guess we'll all just have to wait and see, won't we, folks? CD out.