Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 08-31-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Late to the Game

I bought this game a short while ago, for $9.99, and have jumped in headlong, with flubs, and numerous restarts. I feel like I stole it. I am a lifelong Rangers fan, since the early '60s, and was attracted by the historical mode. Obviously, the Rangers offer an opportunity to reshape a fairly sorry history. To Jeff, Adam, Sebastian, and anyone I'm missing at FHM - this game is an amazing accomplishment! My son is a game developer, so I have some insight into the work you folks are putting in. It is an obvious labor of love. Thank you so much.

I have gone back and watched nearly all of your youtube videos and am loving them. Hoping to get these old bones to stay up late some Wednesday to watch live. I have one small complaint, Jeff. My first great goalie was Ed Giacomin (Plante was an aging veteran, remember) and he is still close to my heart. His name is pronounced, "Jockamin." Hope I don't offend. Just providing you the same help you give to Adam on the videos. I promise always to pay full price, on your site, going forward, unless you will allow me to pre-order. Still can't believe I got so much for so little.

As I said, I dove into the game headlong, and have game play ideas to offer, but this post (my first ever) is getting long. One final aside, to the game community. You folks are also truly amazing. The mods are wonderful. To Hockey13playa, a special thank you for the historical jerseys. It's the only mod I've tried, so far, and it left me speechless. Wish I had been in when the historical logo link was still active. Is that recoverable?

This is really my final thought. To those who nitpick about injuries, AI, etc. The name of the game is Franchise Hockey Manager. The injuries are spot on and well implemented by the FHM team. Manage your players. Don't put them in roles they can't handle. Manage their ice time. You can really affect your outcome. That is one of the many beauties of this game. For those who say the AI is too easy to exploit, make yourself some house rules, and stick to them. The AI trades among non-human controlled teams seem fair as far as I can tell. Believe me, you don't want the development team making the AI so tough that you can never make a move.

Just be fair in your offers, or indulge in a little guilty pleasure and build a dynasty. I will share some of my house rules in the future, but this is already too long. A thousand thanks again to the FHM team and the community. Can't wait for FHM4 news.

Last edited by Adam B; 08-31-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Just edited it to make it look a little better.

Thanks, and glad you're enjoying the videos and the game! We should have news soon on FHM4.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote