Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Gai1997
Major Leagues

How to stop Expansion

My league expanded without me wanting it to, forgot to turn off the setting.

I've deleted the teams but the protection lists and draft is still on. How do I get rid of it all?
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
Shadoshryke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
My league expanded without me wanting it to, forgot to turn off the setting.

I've deleted the teams but the protection lists and draft is still on. How do I get rid of it all?

Game Settings - > League Settings ->Options -> Dynamically Evolving League

Uncheck the "Enable Automatic Evolution".
Shadoshryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoshryke View Post
Game Settings - > League Settings ->Options -> Dynamically Evolving League

Uncheck the "Enable Automatic Evolution".
It's already done though. I know how to disable it from evolving, I just forgot to do it. However, now it has evolved to expand and it's already done. I need to stop it.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Bump
Old 04-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
redsox19934
Minors (Double A)

Delete the teams/relocate the teams that have moved manually. Game Settings -- League Settings --- Sub heading, league & teams --- Edit league structure.
redsox19934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
Shadoshryke
Minors (Single A)

The only way out after the fact is the long process. Unless you have a backup save from a previous time. I tend to make a backup copy of the save game after each season before the playoff's begin just in case something like this happens and I don't like the results.
Shadoshryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #7
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox19934 View Post
Delete the teams/relocate the teams that have moved manually. Game Settings -- League Settings --- Sub heading, league & teams --- Edit league structure.
Done, but the draft is still on.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #8
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
You're going to have to see what happens. If their isn't any teams to draft one of two things will happen. The league will error and you won't be able to do anything or two nothing the day just goes by.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #9
Ncquake25
Bat Boy

Quote:
Go into Commisioner mode. Go to the league events tab under MLB News and delete the expansion draft and protection list events.
Ncquake25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #10
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Just sim through. It'll clear out on it's own, and nothing will happen.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #11
Fundy
Bat Boy

Playing OOTP 20, was using the following setup:

Game Settings, League Settings, Options tab - had ENABLE AUTOMATIC EVOLUTION OF THE LEAGUE set to CHECKED, with only MORE/LESS OFFENSE and MORE/LESS PITCHING set to CHECKED. All other possibilities were UNCHECKED.

After first round of playoffs, I was notified of upcoming expansion draft etc. I looked at settings, expansion was somehow turned on. I exited game without saving, went back to latest save (late September of that year), looked at settings, they were done as described above (no expansion), simmed to after first round of playoffs and the expansion settings somehow get turned on. I turned them off, simmed ahead slightly, and get notified of upcoming expansion. I'm pretty lost here, not sure why this is happening. Is there another setting somewhere?

Last edited by Fundy; 01-04-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #12
Fundy
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundy View Post
Playing OOTP 20, was using the following setup:

Game Settings, League Settings, Options tab - had ENABLE AUTOMATIC EVOLUTION OF THE LEAGUE set to CHECKED, with only MORE/LESS OFFENSE and MORE/LESS PITCHING set to CHECKED. All other possibilities were UNCHECKED.

After first round of playoffs, I was notified of upcoming expansion draft etc. I looked at settings, expansion was somehow turned on. I exited game without saving, went back to latest save (late September of that year), looked at settings, they were done as described above (no expansion), simmed to after first round of playoffs and the expansion settings somehow get turned on. I turned them off, simmed ahead slightly, and get notified of upcoming expansion. I'm pretty lost here, not sure why this is happening. Is there another setting somewhere?
Heh, nevermind. Apparently the game created expansion teams for an independent league, not MLB. Not sure why it had to notify me of this via red exclamation mark etc.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote