Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21 > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:00 AM   #1
bailey
Hall Of Famer

How to sell this duplicate card that is locked?

I bought a 2nd copy of this player that is also on my active roster and then I completed the collection. The only saleable card is the one on my active roster. If I sell it, will the game automatically begin using the locked card as the one on my active roster. Something tells me, no. So how can I sell this duplicate and keep my player on the active roster? It may not be a bug, but it is certainly unclear to me how to proceed.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:29 AM   #2
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I bought a 2nd copy of this player that is also on my active roster and then I completed the collection. The only saleable card is the one on my active roster. If I sell it, will the game automatically begin using the locked card as the one on my active roster. Something tells me, no. So how can I sell this duplicate and keep my player on the active roster? It may not be a bug, but it is certainly unclear to me how to proceed.
1. I'm pretty certain you cannot do exactly what you want to do. The locked card is locked. The only card you can sell is the copy that is currently active. I don't think the game has any mechanism to automatically substitute the duplicate card for the auctioned, active card, but can't you do that yourself?

2. To avoid this in the future, change the order in which cards are locked in the Collection Missions screen. When you expand a mission to see the cards, there is a pulldown menu on the right side, specifying which of the multiple copies of a card should be locked before the others. The default is to lock (1) already locked cards, (2) inactive cards, (3) reserve cards, then (4) active cards, in that order. Thus, your reserve copy was locked in step #3, while your active copy would not have been locked unless it was your only one. The other option in that menu is (1) already locked cards, (2) active cards, (3) reserve cards, then (4) inactive cards. I use this one myself, it sounds like you should, too, and I would argue for its being the default, although I know Markus or someone has stated a preference for the current default because active cards get trained and sell for more PP (... if you find a way to advertise that it's trained outside the game itself).

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
I don't think the game has any mechanism to automatically substitute the duplicate card for the auctioned, active card, but can't you do that yourself?
Correct.

Quote:
2. To avoid this in the future, change the order in which cards are locked in the Collection Missions screen.
Definitely

Quote:
I would argue for its being the default, although I know Markus or someone has stated a preference for the current default because active cards get trained and sell for more PP (... if you find a way to advertise that it's trained outside the game itself).
I agree with you. It should be the default. The one I'm using regularly is the one I want to keep.

The whole "training" argument for keeping the other order as default rings hollow to me because (a) it's not like eBay where you can add a description to your auction lisings - you would have to advertise on the boards, Discord, etc. and that seems like a very low percentage to be currying favour, and (b) the active card is the one I want to keep. It has all the stats, training, etc. that I would want to have in perpetuity. I move cards to inactive because I'm no longer interesting in having them - why in the world would I want them to be locked over a card I use regularly?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:53 AM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, I knew that option existed, but couldn't find it. I have changed it for the future. I'm not sure why you would ever want to lock a reserved card before an active one.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote