Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #41
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
It's not a crime to fail a goal. Also, his demand goes down as the season progresses.
Correct! Never try to sign extensions early in the season

And with that Nelson Cruz issue
Id offer him
1 year 13 million
2 years 20 million
if he declines Id start offering buyout options and incentives after year 2. Get creative.

Id front load Cruz's contract and get him on board for around 2-3 years 20-25 million.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:25 PM   #42
jumpin_james
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Correct! Never try to sign extensions early in the season

And with that Nelson Cruz issue
Id offer him
1 year 13 million
2 years 20 million
if he declines Id start offering buyout options and incentives after year 2. Get creative.

Id front load Cruz's contract and get him on board for around 2-3 years 20-25 million.
I do appreciate the idea, but I tried all of that. It got to the point where he broke off negotiations with me.
jumpin_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:11 PM   #43
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

With my usual AI Eval settings (0% 50% 25% 25%)
Attached Images

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-29-2020 at 04:14 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #44
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
With my usual AI Eval settings (0% 50% 25% 25%)
Whoa!
I tinkered with this myself. Had no idea how much influence the ratings weight had.
I wonder what is most accurate? Teams definitely value their scout's opinion and probably do not think much of what happened 2 years ago.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #45
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Asking way too much for extensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop View Post
Whoa!
I tinkered with this myself. Had no idea how much influence the ratings weight had.
I wonder what is most accurate? Teams definitely value their scout's opinion and probably do not think much of what happened 2 years ago.

Ratings get weight even at 0%

Also each individual GM have their own evaluation that is roughly based on your global evaluation. For example with my global 0/50/25/25, GM (A) may have his evaluation set to 15/35/30/20 while GM (B) might be set to 20/40/20/20

Btw i give weight to 2 years ago because of 3 year splits in baseball to evaluate talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-29-2020 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:31 PM   #46
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ratings get weight even at 0%

Also each individual GM have their own evaluation that is roughly based on your global evaluation. For example with my global 0/50/25/25, GM (A) may have his evaluation set to 15/35/30/20 while GM (B) might be set to 20/40/20/20

Btw i give weight to 2 years ago because of 3 year splits in baseball to evaluate talent.

Thanks for sharing this information...

I was just wondering if yours are common AI Evaluation Settings among ootp veterans? I just took a look at mine and they were set to 30/50/15/5. I have no idea if that's the default setting or if I set them that way. I usually try to keep my hands off settings I'm not so sure about, but occasionally I've been known to tinker where I probably shouldn't.

If anyone else has settings much different from SirMichaelJordan, would you mind sharing them or whatever... Just curious to see how different people think.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #47
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Asking way too much for extensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post

I was just wondering if yours are common AI Evaluation Settings among ootp veterans? I just took a look at mine and they were set to 30/50/15/5. I have no idea if that's the default setting or if I set them that way. I usually try to keep my hands off settings I'm not so sure about, but occasionally I've been known to tinker where I probably shouldn't.

If anyone else has settings much different from SirMichaelJordan, would you mind sharing them or whatever... Just curious to see how different people think.

The best thing about OOTP is that there is no right or wrong way to play the game. Don’t be afraid to experiment with things outside of the default settings.

“It’s your game, play it your way”

The AI evaluation settings that you posted are the default fictional league settings. You would find that the MLB default settings are way different. So experiment to your liking.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:46 PM   #48
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpin_james View Post
So you’re telling me that a MLB GM is going to give Freddie Freeman 50 million per year for 8 years? Or 39 year old Nelson Cruz 27 million per year for 5 more years.

Not realistic. Not authentic. At all.
It is realistic that a star player would ask for that if he wants to go to free agency. Some players have a ridiculous demand because they don’t want to sign a long term deal at that point.

As others have mentioned, if you wait until later in the year it usually will go down. But if doesn’t, you have to let the player go to free agency. It shouldn’t be a foregone conclusion that because you want to sign a player that they will just simply sign a reasonable contract. Some do, some dont. That’s the way every sport on the planet works.

Please don’t change the extension system. It works exactly the way it should.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:03 PM   #49
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faaip De Oiad View Post
Mazara had a huge year and asked for 120 million, the owner would not allow the deal. Went FA and signed for 50 million. Makes no sense.
Yep guys change their tune when no one is offering what they want.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #50
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post

We did a lot of experimenting on this in years' past. One that everyone always seemed to like was 40/30/20/10. This gives you the most weight on ratings...but still considers stats much more so in the overall evaluation.

50/30/15/5 was popular, as well as 55/25/15/5
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:24 AM   #51
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
We did a lot of experimenting on this in years' past. One that everyone always seemed to like was 40/30/20/10. This gives you the most weight on ratings...but still considers stats much more so in the overall evaluation.

50/30/15/5 was popular, as well as 55/25/15/5
Sweet. This is exactly what I was hoping someone would say. Thanks for sharing those. At some point, I will give those a try in my test saved game.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:02 PM   #52
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

It's probably because I only ever really play as small market teams so I'll never have a player making 25 million bucks a year on my roster, but playing with the Pirates in 21, I've been able to sign Reynolds, Musgrove, Keller, Oneil Cruz, and Ke'Bryan Hayes to extremely team-friendly deals, but one thing I don't like is when a player comes to me asking for an extension in the re-sign/arbitration stage of the offseason, and I try to change the terms just a little bit, they'll reject and I can offer them the same exact deal that they came to me with originally, and they'll say no. It's like you sometimes only get one shot on these extensions, which I don't really like at all, it doesn't end up being a negotiation at all.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:21 PM   #53
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

i like 25/25/33/17 as my AI settings.

It gives gives current ratings/season equal weight as the prior 2 seasons. I feel this is more in line with how contracts are negotiated(or at the very least how I feel GM's should weight stats when handing out money).

Also, it makes it so the extensions at the beginning of the season arent super high in relation to the end of the season.

Last edited by jbergey22; 03-31-2020 at 08:23 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:45 PM   #54
mrowland
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faaip De Oiad View Post
Mazara had a huge year and asked for 120 million, the owner would not allow the deal. Went FA and signed for 50 million. Makes no sense.
2018 Mike Moustakas would like to have a world with you.
mrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:42 AM   #55
BigCountryBumgarner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The logic is really bad. My team captain with whom I won 5 championships with demanded 7/25 per as an extension and in free agency. Three days later he signs with a bottom tier team for 6/22. Makes no sense

Last edited by BigCountryBumgarner; 04-01-2020 at 01:43 AM.
BigCountryBumgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:02 AM   #56
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountryBumgarner View Post
The logic is really bad. My team captain with whom I won 5 championships with demanded 7/25 per as an extension and in free agency. Three days later he signs with a bottom tier team for 6/22. Makes no sense
Well did you actually offer him 6/22?

Because of all the examples one could use to gripe about contract logic, this has got to be one of the weakest examples.
greenOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #57
BigCountryBumgarner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lol. I offered 6/25 and he rejected it asking for 6/26. This has been broken for years.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #58
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountryBumgarner View Post
Lol. I offered 6/25 and he rejected it asking for 6/26. This has been broken for years.
Maybe the guy wanted a new team. This kind of thing does happen.
crowhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #59
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Yes, I think the problem is really exacerbated by those playing with owner goals on (or in challenge mode). I would be super frustrated because of the near-impossibility of signing a player to an extension during the season.

Even outside of that, the logic doesn't really play out very well because in almost EVERY case, the player will sign for significantly less money in the offseason than even I was offering during the in-season extension. It seems like it has nothing to do with my particular team or the player's loyalty rating either.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:42 AM   #60
BigCountryBumgarner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop View Post
Maybe the guy wanted a new team. This kind of thing does happen.
I don't think so. The guy asked me like 5 times for an extension during the season. It's not an isolated case, this was just one example.