Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #1
bmorales24
Bat Boy

Angry Can't Start New Game or Load Old Game

Upon opening OOTP 21 I receive two error messages:

"Could not find /facegen folder! Facegen will be disabled" and "TEMPLATES_ENGINE""load_template_file - cannot open template file manual_page.tpl"

It then takes me to the main screen where there is no option to continue, if I hit load game it says there are no league folders in my saved games folder (should have one), and if I try to start a new standard league I get a new error message that says "Unable to load world template file (invalid file format). Please re-install OOTP."

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and rebooting my computer several times but I keep getting the same messages. I'm playing through Steam on a PC. Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise I guess I'll just give up on the game.
bmorales24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

There are a couple things to try here.

First, can you try to force the re-installation of the game data?

To do that go to the start screen, then to 'settings' > 'troubleshooting' > and then hit the button that says 'force game data re-installation'.

If that doesn't work, another step that can help in this situation is as follows:

Open the game settings dialog on main screen -> troubleshooting tab -> "open customizable data folder" -> navigate to database folder -> delete the entire database folder

Then restart your computer and try reinstalling the game again.

Let me know if it helps or not.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #3
bmorales24
Bat Boy

No luck. The first option doesn't work, it tells me to go to Steam and run a file integrity verification, which doesn't do anything. I then deleted the database folder, rebooted, and reinstalled but I'm still getting the same messages. =[
Old 03-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
bmorales24
Bat Boy

Still unable to play. I uninstalled the game, then deleted all files/folders left on my drive and then re-installed. Now I can't even get to the load screen. The new message I receive is "APP_FRAMEWORK::startup - unable to open the path_cust_data folder C:\Prgoram Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 21\saved_games". I did try changing the custom data path once before to link to the folder where my games was saved - could that be the issue? And if so where should the default custom data path be located, and how do I relocate it when the game won't even start?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #5
Joskareva
Bat Boy

I'm having the same issue. This started happening after I tried to change the default file folder paths. Using Steam as well.

Perhaps an issue with the license? Has anyone successfully changed file paths without these error?
Joskareva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #6
bmorales24
Bat Boy

Finally received a fix for this from their support team:

"It sounds like there's an issue with the path in your custom data location for the game.

To fix that, do the following:

1. Type the following into your Windows search function: %appdata%

2. Once that folder opens, navigate to the following folder: AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 21\config

3. There, you'll find the following files:

paths.cfg
favorite_paths.cfg
recent_paths.cfg

4. Delete all of these

5. Restart OOTP. It should run without the error now."

Worked for me, cheers!
Old 06-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
ktgww
Bat Boy

Thanks... that fixed it right up
ktgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #8
Wrigley4lab
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joskareva View Post
I'm having the same issue. This started happening after I tried to change the default file folder paths. Using Steam as well.

Perhaps an issue with the license? Has anyone successfully changed file paths without these error?
I hate posting to an old post but I am having the same issue after I change my custom path in ootp21. I've didn't have any problems doing this in 16 17 18 19 or 20. I am comparing my file structure in 20 and everything is the same in 21, except for 21.

Wrigley4lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:43 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley4lab View Post
I hate posting to an old post but I am having the same issue after I change my custom path in ootp21. I've didn't have any problems doing this in 16 17 18 19 or 20. I am comparing my file structure in 20 and everything is the same in 21, except for 21.
I would guess something is off in the custom data location in 21 though. Not sure exactly what it might be, but you will probably want to try to follow the instructions in the post above to reset the custom data path. Then try setting it again, and if the location is valid and available (not an external hard drive that's not attached f.e.) it should work.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #10
Wrigley4lab
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've tried deleting the cfg files but It still tells me it can't find skins or fonts folder but I can see them in my data folder. I guess I've lost expert settings status in 21
Merry Christmas OOTP

Old 12-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I've tried deleting the cfg files but It still tells me it can't find skins or fonts folder but I can see them in my data folder. I guess I've lost expert settings status in 21
Merry Christmas OOTP
If you try going to settings > troubleshooting > force reinstall game data, that might help.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #12
Wrigley4lab
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was able to get it to work but I have to leave the skins and fonts folder in the default data folder for steam. No issues in the past 2 days.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:04 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I was able to get it to work but I have to leave the skins and fonts folder in the default data folder for steam. No issues in the past 2 days.
Good to hear!

Old 03-17-2021, 06:54 PM   #14
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Just a quick update post regarding this issue. For OOTP 21 and 22 it seems like when you change the Custom Data Path location OOTP won't always transfer the facegen folder to the new location and that is required to be able to use that new location. Hence the reason why it gives that error about not being able to find the facegen folder. All you have to do to try and get past that is to copy and paste the facegen folder from your data installation location to your new custom data path location. So it should be in the same root folder as your saved games are now being saved to. I just did that for my new pc and it fixed the pop up message and that setup 21/22 to run on my secondary hard drive.

DM me if you have issues regarding this and i'd be happy to walk you through steps to resolve this error message.

Thanks
Alex
Old 11-28-2022, 08:55 PM   #15
TuffFish
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murray View Post
Just a quick update post regarding this issue. For OOTP 21 and 22 it seems like when you change the Custom Data Path location OOTP won't always transfer the facegen folder to the new location and that is required to be able to use that new location. Hence the reason why it gives that error about not being able to find the facegen folder. All you have to do to try and get past that is to copy and paste the facegen folder from your data installation location to your new custom data path location. So it should be in the same root folder as your saved games are now being saved to. I just did that for my new pc and it fixed the pop up message and that setup 21/22 to run on my secondary hard drive.

DM me if you have issues regarding this and i'd be happy to walk you through steps to resolve this error message.

Thanks
Alex
necro'ing the old post, where is the facegen folder???? keep getting the same error still even though this is ootp 23

EDIT: Fixed it, I found the "fagen" folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 23\Data", copy the "facegen" folder into your new custom folder for saves. In my case, my external hard drive.

thnx

Last edited by TuffFish; 11-28-2022 at 09:19 PM.
TuffFish is offline   Reply With Quote