Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:26 AM   #21
Clavette
Major Leagues

Glad to hear something about this.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #22
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
I took some time to update FOF8. Primarily added 2019 files, which is work I'd have to do for FOF9 anyway, since we want at least a few seasons with the initial release. After the Super Bowl (tomorrow), I'm back full-time on coding for FOF9.

Jim, you have to understand, even something vague like this once a month is all a lot of us are asking for.
Even taking literally five minutes once a month just to say, "Everything's still going on as expected", would be enough for 90% of us to still have 100% faith in this project

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 02-04-2020, 05:58 AM   #23
Reggie
Major Leagues

The good news for me is during this time I've given FOF8 another shot. I was frustrated with it the first time I tried playing it. I took the time to read the manual an understand how the game works.. now I enjoy playing it a lot and am even more excited by this partnership.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #24
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
Jim, you have to understand, even something vague like this once a month is all a lot of us are asking for.
Even taking literally five minutes once a month just to say, "Everything's still going on as expected", would be enough for 90% of us to still have 100% faith in this project
I think it's a good idea as long as it comes with the understanding that the real PR work - talking about the game's details, showing screen shots, the back-and-forth with the community as the game matures - is something that's best left to the professionals. I'm not quiet about this because it's my choice to be quiet. It's because there's a team in place to handle PR and anything I do independently makes their job harder. I know I have a history of releasing products within hours of announcing them. That's OK when you're solo and you have no PR team or budget. I've been reliant on the "evergreen" business model with no scheduled yearly new releases from the beginning. Any kind of hype is a bad thing with that model. That's not OK when you're part of a team that can do those things properly. I'll check in from time to time. Nothing formal. Nothing detailed. But since we're delayed and we did announce that we had hoped to be out a long time ago, I think it's a good idea as long as it doesn't antagonize people.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #25
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

FOF has always been a great football game. OOTP make two of my favourite sports games. My frustration about not getting updates just comes from the fact I can't wait to see what the combination of Jim's brilliant work over the years and OOTP's brilliant games and UI is going to produce.

I appreciate your message Jim and would love a a "check in from time to time". Thanks for the many hours of great gaming that FOF has provided me with so far

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 02-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #26
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I think I'm going to take the FOF dive

Old 02-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #27
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
I think it's a good idea as long as it comes with the understanding that the real PR work - talking about the game's details, showing screen shots, the back-and-forth with the community as the game matures - is something that's best left to the professionals. I'm not quiet about this because it's my choice to be quiet. It's because there's a team in place to handle PR and anything I do independently makes their job harder. I know I have a history of releasing products within hours of announcing them. That's OK when you're solo and you have no PR team or budget. I've been reliant on the "evergreen" business model with no scheduled yearly new releases from the beginning. Any kind of hype is a bad thing with that model. That's not OK when you're part of a team that can do those things properly. I'll check in from time to time. Nothing formal. Nothing detailed. But since we're delayed and we did announce that we had hoped to be out a long time ago, I think it's a good idea as long as it doesn't antagonize people.

Thanks so much, Jim!

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 02-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #28
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
I think I'm going to take the FOF dive
My unasked for advice.. read the literature that comes with it that explains the concepts and how the game works. It took me quite a bit of playing but of the 5 football games I have on my computer FOF8 went from my least favorite to the only one I play.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:51 PM   #29
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
My unasked for advice.. read the literature that comes with it that explains the concepts and how the game works. It took me quite a bit of playing but of the 5 football games I have on my computer FOF8 went from my least favorite to the only one I play.
Wholeheartedly agree.

I haven't played FOF at all, but when I first played OOTP Baseball a couple of years ago, I gave up on it quickly because the amount of depth was just so overwhelming. Plus, I'm not that much of a baseball fan outside of when the Braves are good.

But after a few months, I decided to go back to it. So I watched every tutorial video OOTP put out and really dug deep into learning everything about the game first before trying anything. The tutorials were fantastic and afterward, I jumped into it and quickly got hooked.

So yeah... definitely take the time to read the tutorials/guides/whatever you can before jumping into the game.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:40 AM   #30
beatle
All Star Reserve

I have always said "Expectations are the root of Disappointments".

Beatle
Old 03-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #31
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
It took me quite a bit of playing but of the 5 football games I have on my computer FOF8 went from my least favorite to the only one I play.
There are actually 5 football games worth having on your computer?
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino