Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:45 PM   #61
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I've been reading allot about an old favorite, 'Season Ticket Baseball 2003', only to find out that this is really OOTP 4 (so said an article). What I'd like to know is what all I would have to turn off off 20 to get a proximity of 4. Or is there a way to just play 4 so I can see what all these old pros are talking about? (or say any OOTP from 14 on).

Thanks much for this look of OOTP thru the ages
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #62
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

You are very welcome and thank you to Markus for this awesome game of baseball that we get to play every year!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #63
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I love what Markus has done. But I have to admit as more of a 'serious-casual fan(i.e. more about just the play of the game and the stats produced for that season of play), I end up playing not as much of OOTP as I should. Basically because it overwhelms me. I look at it as a piece of art and wonder at it, but don't have a clue or inclination to understand all the brush strokes. That's why after reading folks here love the more 'pure' version of OOTP in 4, 5 or 6. Because of this, I would like to ask Markus if he could either make available in the manual on how to 'slim' down the current game to one of the yesteryear games of 4, 5 or 6. Or, have this type of less complicated game as a menu option in the start page (i.e. have a menu choice of 'Simple Setup', or a nod to the pass 'OOTP of Yesteryear' or whatever for those of us wanting a simpler version.

Thanks
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #64
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
I've been reading allot about an old favorite, 'Season Ticket Baseball 2003', only to find out that this is really OOTP 4 (so said an article). What I'd like to know is what all I would have to turn off off 20 to get a proximity of 4. Or is there a way to just play 4 so I can see what all these old pros are talking about? (or say any OOTP from 14 on).

Thanks much for this look of OOTP thru the ages
Markus released a free version of OOTP5 years ago which you can still download here:

http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp5freesetup.exe

It was so long ago that I can't remember what (if anything) was different than the paid version, but there you go.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #65
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Interesting that early versions of OOTP had pitcher ratings based on avoiding runs and hits, and now they're based on FIP.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:43 AM   #66
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

Could you imagine if Baseball Mogul had kept up with OOTP with the amount of improvements? Baseball mogul in the early oughts was light years better than OOTP. Mostly in stablity, speed and online play. BMO was so much fun! I loved it. Right around OOTP 6.5, there was no turning back. OOTP was far superior.

I play OOTP pretty much every night. Love this and thank you for the memories!
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:03 PM   #67
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Updating the Thread

ootp 19
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
Old 02-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #68
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

ootp 20
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 02-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #69
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Coming Soon:
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2020, 07:20 PM   #70
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Anyone play this one, would have been the best ever, except for too many instability problems
Oh man, I still have this, and probably the manual, too. Never played it, it came in a pack with Hardball 4 or 5 and I went with that. I had played Hardball 1 back on my buddies dad's Commodore in the 80s, so nostalgia. It was cool cause my Atari controllers were able to plug into the Commodore.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #71
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Markus released a free version of OOTP5 years ago which you can still download here:

http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp5freesetup.exe

It was so long ago that I can't remember what (if anything) was different than the paid version, but there you go.
I have the free version of OOTP5 on a flash drive. The other day I plugged in that flash drive and viola! The game ran just fine in Windows 10.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #72
WallyGunner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Reply need more tiny bit clean up on plays

Hi
I have been playing since ootp18. I also remember trying it way back in the earlier years. I play ever game pitcher to batter not pitch to pitch. I have noticed a lot of small errors like outfielder runs thru wall and ball coms out, then outfielder runs to first base foul line. second base man runs all over the right field like he's crazy. But over all I love the game. Beats APBA baseball and pursue the peanuts.
WallyGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #73
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

I liked the early games --- Started with Season Ticket 3 ... Baseball , football, and baskeball but thought 5 and 6 were the best --- .

Texas Longhorns -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2005

Oregon State Beavers -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2006 and 2007

With unity comes VICTORY !
GeoWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #74
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
Could you imagine if Baseball Mogul had kept up with OOTP with the amount of improvements? Baseball mogul in the early oughts was light years better than OOTP. Mostly in stablity, speed and online play. BMO was so much fun! I loved it. Right around OOTP 6.5, there was no turning back. OOTP was far superior.

I play OOTP pretty much every night. Love this and thank you for the memories!
Wow, BMO online was 2006 to 2009? Can't believe how long ago it was? That online version was fun but incredibly addicting. I remember a user admitting that he would make his business clients wait in the lobby while he was bidding on free agents.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #75
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

I wish that the UI could be a little more simply especially for those who have trouble seeing. The UI IT has now is a bit of a eyesore and It can be very straining on people's eyes mostly for those who are getting older and have trouble seeing the screen.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #76
Rayzor
All Star Starter

I was looking for a baseball game for the Wii or PS2 when I came upon OOTP13, I played the demo for 5hrs straight and love it, now I use my PS3 for streaming only. Keep up the great work, looking forward to future releases of the game.
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:29 AM   #77
Nightowl26
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This game stinks.....I'm done with OOTP it's been getting worse since ootp18. The whole thing with OOTP compared to say the Show or other MLB video games is that the stats were realistic. Now it's not, seems to be more of a concern to make this a video game with the graphics. Too bad...

I really wish Front Page Sports was still around. Loved their baseball and Football games.

I won't even start in on OOTP with the hockey and the supposed Football game they are working on now for almost 3 years now. Thanks for nothing.
Nightowl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:56 AM   #78
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Hmmm, that doesn't sound good…

Pardon the digression, but I've skipped purchasing v. 19 and 20. And, as next season will be my last time following MLB (I sat this year out, what with universal DH and abolishing extra-innings and 16-team-playoffs and such, but next year is back to 2019, basically, until the new CBA kills this sport for me, forever, in 2022), I've been thinking about getting v.21, if only for the updated roster sets.

Have there been any changes since v. 18 that have improved historical authenticity? Historic owners? Historic coaches? Historic minor-league managers? Better accuracy on salaries? Teams making more logical choices in hiring managers than "just got fired in low-A ball, so he's available"? A "market size" factor that doesn't class the Mets down with Pittsburgh or whatever? (Temporary Yankee popularity spurts don't mean NYC's population forgot how to get to Flushing, you know.) Spring training games being played at spring training locations, with a realistic spring schedule, rather than the Mets facing Cactus League teams and so on? Heck, I'll even take retired players having their proper uniform numbers or Hall of Fame plaques crediting the proper team so that Chief Bender isn't enshrined as an Oakland Athletic or whatever. And increased statistical realism is always a priority for me.

If so, great. If not, I'll probably give it (another) miss, as I could barely care less about in-game simulations (I'm usually a GM and just read the PbP after the fact) and aesthetics and so on.

(Not that I want the look to be ugly, mind you. But "flight of the ball path" is waaaay down on my personal list of priorities. JMO.)

Again, I realize this is slightly OT, but it seemed a decent place to jump in. Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by Amazin69; 10-06-2020 at 12:58 AM.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #79
Scottiedog43
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
I started playing with v2 and I've never won the world series. I don't cheat the AI with trades and impose some strict "house rules" - but that's just window dressing for how terrible of a manager/GM I am. Thanks for years of fun Markus!
Out of curiosity....what’s your personal “house rules”
Old 10-07-2020, 04:31 PM   #80
jasg224
Major Leagues

I've been playing since OOTPB 15 and I have to say, 21 is the best version ever. I used to play way more football manager but this year I have more hours on this game than on FM so I'd say it's a great game.