Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-16-2020, 11:45 PM   #1
ijac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Spring Training roster management easier

I'd like an easier way to manage my Spring Training roster. I want a quick way to add minor leaguers and have them put back down to the minors at the end of Spring Training.

So if I bring someone up from AA, put them back down to AA. Brought up from AAA? Put them back down to AAA. Once they are added to the Spring Training roster, it's difficult to identify which minor league level they were brought up from.

Last edited by ijac; 02-16-2020 at 11:47 PM.
ijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #2
THEMURPH
Minors (Double A)

What I do is I make shortlists AAA, AA, etc.. Then I add the players I brought up to the list from where I brought them up from. Example if I bring up a guy from AA I add him to the AA shortlist. At the end of spring I know where I had them last and at the start of season I just go to the selected shortlist and remove them from that list.
THEMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
ijac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the tip. That is exactly what I do now.

SCENARIO 1:
Here's the scenario I ran into last night. I setup my shortlists (AAA, AAA, A+) The 40 man roster gets automatically added. I sim through Spring Training. At the end (before Opening Day) I moved everyone on my shortlists back to the minors and my active roster was at 31. What? How did that happen? Well some players on the 40 man roster must have slipped by me. Didn't get added to my shortlist. So I had to hunt around and figure out who needed to be sent down to the minors. It's annoying. It's a waste of time. I tried to prevent this. I just wish there was a cleaner, simpler, streamlined way to handled this.

SCENARIO 2:
Another scenario I've run into. I accidentally sim past Opening Day (cause it's not clearly marked on the calendar). I end up with minor leaguers on my MLB roster with a contract that I intended to send back to the minors.

I'm now in the habit of saving backups all through the offseason cause I always seem to mess something up accidentally. I've become paranoid because it's guaranteed that I'll run into a problem somewhere.

TAKEAWAY:
Maybe my desire is for an Offseason overhaul to the UI/UX. I find it difficult to navigate. There is a lot to keep track of and it's easy to mess up. Some quality of life changes could help a lot. I enjoy all the decisions to be made. I hate having to worry about any gotchas and pitfalls along the way.
ijac is offline   Reply With Quote