Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Fix this bug NOW!

There is some glitch that only applies to my 100 Mariano Riviera card of all my cards.

No matter where I play him or in what event, at the start of that event, the game puts his role to "none specified". So that means before every season or Tournament, I HAVE to be on to manually change it back to the role I assigned him!!! Well I cannot always be on whenever a new event starts.

This makes this card effectively useless and is my best card, let alone one of the best RPs in the game.

If this is a known issues, why hasnt it been fixed!!!

Last edited by ButtersFTW; 12-02-2019 at 10:37 PM.
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

I haven't participated in any tournaments yet, so I can't speak to that, but I have several cards across three teams that this happens to each season. And it's been reported and a bug going back to OOTP19.

Too busy counting their money and adding new features to fix bugs, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, producing software is hard and over the years they've built a great product. I've had tons of fun, despite the bugs. But the customer responsiveness needs to be improved. The chances of me spending money on PT next year (and I've spent A LOT up to now) are rapidly decreasing.

In what I believe may be a related issue, my ENTIRE TEAM gets re-set every season, beginning two weeks ago. The AI takes over my rosters promoting players to the active roster, demoting players to the reserve, and sets lineups and pitching roles, all without (and against) my explicit instructions. Like you, I have to intervene to fix this, but it isn't a small fix, like just changing one role... takes a minimum of 15-20 minutes to get everything back the way it's supposed to be.

I reported this 5 days ago, creating a bug report thread, and....
.....crickets.

2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #3
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post
I haven't participated in any tournaments yet, so I can't speak to that, but I have several cards across three teams that this happens to each season. And it's been reported and a bug going back to OOTP19.

Too busy counting their money and adding new features to fix bugs, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, producing software is hard and over the years they've built a great product. I've had tons of fun, despite the bugs. But the customer responsiveness needs to be improved. The chances of me spending money on PT next year (and I've spent A LOT up to now) are rapidly decreasing.

In what I believe may be a related issue, my ENTIRE TEAM gets re-set every season, beginning two weeks ago. The AI takes over my rosters promoting players to the active roster, demoting players to the reserve, and sets lineups and pitching roles, all without (and against) my explicit instructions. Like you, I have to intervene to fix this, but it isn't a small fix, like just changing one role... takes a minimum of 15-20 minutes to get everything back the way it's supposed to be.

I reported this 5 days ago, creating a bug report thread, and....
.....crickets.
Five days?

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307816

I posted about the same bug five weeks ago, and I wasn’t the first, either. I appreciate the customer engagement here, but I’m not sure what we’re supposed to do about these bugs. Is the real bug report thread on Discord?

Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We are aware of this bug for a long time. Unfortunately, we have no idea so far why this happens, sorry. We will keep investigating though. The good thing is that it is extremely rare, but it sucks if it happens to you.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

It will become less and less rare, I'll bet. Because it does in fact seem related to the role reset.

From looking at the report of Threnodas he clearly suspects the same thing I do... that it happens once you cross a threshold of enough players with empty roles to force a sanity check fail. But the empty roles are the real bug, some cards re-set each week, and it's just a matter of time until enough of them do that you're screwed.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Yes, that is definitely related to the role reset. But as I said, we have spent a lot of time trying to investigate this, and so far without any luck
Old 12-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Good news guys, I finally figured out that little sucker of a bug. It will not happen again on Monday
Old 12-11-2019, 12:46 AM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Good news guys, I finally figured out that little sucker of a bug. It will not happen again on Monday
That's good to hear, since it just started happening to Wander Suero on my reconfigured bronze tournament team.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
That's good to hear, since it just started happening to Wander Suero on my reconfigured bronze tournament team.
I believe Wander Suero's role stopped regressing from Stopper to None Specified once I assigned secondary roles to all 5 of my Starters who are allowed to be used in relief.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Indeed it did not happen this week!

Thanks, Markus. Great job!