Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
Cadieux39
Minors (Single A)

Q: hiring Available coaches.

I have a question in regards to how ootp19 handles personel and available coaches.

In previous versions, when you looked at available personel it showed everyone. If you looked at search staff or shortlist staff, all staff members from all teams could be seen.

This does not appear to be the case anymore.

My issue : at the end of my season I let go of my MLB pitching coach. I looked at available coaches and 29 staff were presented. I decided to promote my AAA coach and then hire one of the available staff members for my AAA team. The coach I was interested in was no longer presented to me.

The game went from showing me 29 available personelle when the position was open for MLB to showing 20 available when position was for AAA.

The coach I liked and short listed, was not appearing in my shortlist of coaches.

I tested this, and made my MLB position open again and sure enough the coach in question was there again... and 29 coaches were available.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

I noticed when searching for available personel there is a tab showing current opportunity, but this tab cant be changed. I feel like its acting as a filter.

I find this confusing because I am unable to see all available personel. Which limits me when wanting to replace other coaches or staff, for example I cant see if there is a better scout available, because they arent shown in the available personel area. Unless I fire my scout.

And yes I have it set to show all coaches. I am not just filtered for pitching coaches.

Also a note, managers and coaches recently fired by other teams also arent displayed in the available coach tab.
Cadieux39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:16 PM   #2
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

9 coaches were unwilling to consider a AAA position.
BaseballGoodToMe is offline   Reply With Quote