Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #21
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I have found that unlicensing the game, uninstalling it and deleting TB folders (after saving important stuff elsewhere) and then re-installing from the webstore has fixed a number of problems I was having. Unfortunately, I now get crashes again when I click on any tab in OPTIONS. Don't know enough about PCs to even hazard a guess as to why this should be happening after a fresh re-install.

Problem is you could spend months trying to plug every hole. Might be best to start from scratch and build the next version: Title Bout 2016 - Road to Glory.[The Career Mode]

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 04-24-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #22
Marciano6
Minors (Triple A)

I've never had problems with auto schedule in tbcb 2.5. I just recently started playing TBCB 2013 1.4 and this is the first version I have had so i am not sure how 1.0 and the previous versions have faired.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #23
jofre
Hall Of Famer

Problems

I'm having problems with crashes, but usually as I try and exit the game. But my major problem when I create new fighters and their history ends up in another file. Its frustrating. Here is an example. I created Ryan Davis and his history picked up two Jorge Paez, Jr fights.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #24
jofre
Hall Of Famer

History Problems

I just checked Ishe Smith's record. Early yesterday I simmed him aggainst newly created (Ryan Davis) and today Paez jr shows up as his opponent.
Attached Images
Old 05-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #25
jofre
Hall Of Famer

Ryan Davis has now turned into Jorge Paez, Jr. Anyone having the same problem?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #26
jofre
Hall Of Famer

I think I may have found out what I was doing wrong. I ended up saving the created fighter file as a CSV file.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #27
TBPauly
Minors (Single A)

It's a bigger problem than that.

I started a Heavyweights universe yesterday with auto aging activated as per the default options. After I ran a bout, I checked to make sure everyone was in the Beginners level, and they were.

When I loaded it up today, some fighters were now in Prime level, plus a fighter named Hebert Slade suddenly had a 12 rating.

Strange.
TBPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #28
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBPauly View Post
It's a bigger problem than that.

I started a Heavyweights universe yesterday with auto aging activated as per the default options. After I ran a bout, I checked to make sure everyone was in the Beginners level, and they were.

When I loaded it up today, some fighters were now in Prime level, plus a fighter named Hebert Slade suddenly had a 12 rating.

Strange.
Another hole in the dyke? There are definitely problems with the RFG too. The few times I've used it I've noticed the resulting boxers are not accepted by the game. I've had to delete them and rename already existing but unused fighters to take their parts.

I'm wondering if Paul, the creator/programmer of TB2013, will be recruited at some stage to work on OOTP Franchise Hockey or the new North American football game....whatever it's called, further limiting his precious time to work on our lowly boxing sim.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 05-16-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #29
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

this is my official first day on 1.4 but in the past I had zero problems with the RFG's ill look into it deeper this week
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:50 PM   #30
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Updated and lost everything!

I had not played 2013 in a few months, opened it up the other day and it asked to update to 1.4 so I did, then it asked to update the Database which I did, then I restarted the game and it asked me for my serial number, then finally I found it, and started it up again, and nothing was there from my old Universe or anything, everything I had added and done and fights were all gone, it asked me to start a new game, as nothing was there, what happened here, Glad I still use and play 2.5 version and have everything saved there.
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #31
Bogie
All Star Reserve

I have not played TB in a long time and am a little confused. Is V1.4 newer than 2.5? I have 1.4 currently on my laptop!
Thanks,
Jack
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #32
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Keep 2.5 until TB 3.0 comes out. We're hoping for a Spring release date.

Cap
Old 01-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #33
Bogie
All Star Reserve

I don't seem to have 2.5, just 1.4. It's been so long I can't remember the progression of how the versions came out. You would expect 1.4 to come out before 2.5.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #34
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't 1.4 the release name of Paul Norman's ill-fated TB 2013? When you start up did it show the outside of an uptown white collar gym? If it did that's TB2013.

V2.5 was Andreas Raht's product from about ten years ago(?).

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 01-19-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #35
Bogie
All Star Reserve

well that didn't work ...

Is the one you were talking about cap?
Old 01-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #36
Cap
Hall Of Famer

V2.5 is the older Andreas Raht product. V1.4 as mentioned in this thread is TB2013 by Paul Norman. The next generation of Title Bout is still being tested and bug-proofed and will likely be called TB 3.0.

In the meantime, if you have the old license from 2.5 you can likely re-install it by contacting the e-license people. Their email address is on this board someplace.

Cap
Old 09-25-2018, 05:33 AM   #37
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
V2.5 is the older Andreas Raht product. V1.4 as mentioned in this thread is TB2013 by Paul Norman. The next generation of Title Bout is still being tested and bug-proofed and will likely be called TB 3.0.

In the meantime, if you have the old license from 2.5 you can likely re-install it by contacting the e-license people. Their email address is on this board someplace.

Cap
Hi Cap.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here, but at the rate we are going, we may be the only two people who remember boxing! I believe Paul is coding with an abacus while using his toes. This is why I went over to baseball almost exclusively. I admire your loyalty, but this is turning into a bad movie. Does the TB 1.4 work well? I have emailed him with suggestions and information and have heard nothing. Good luck and I hope that I am wrong.

Last edited by RANGER11JP; 02-11-2020 at 05:21 AM.
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #38
Cap
Hall Of Famer

TB 2013 aka 1.4 is a disaster for almost everyone. A few have somehow managed to get it to work for more than a little while.

TB 2.5 is the only real option at present. It is my understanding that some people on this forum are part of a team who have signed NDAs currently testing an alpha version of Paul Norman's revamp of Title Bout. However it has been talked about for at least three years since the failure of TB2013. At one point this year it seemed they were near the beta testing stage but it seems a serious failure occurred which set the project back to the drawing board indefinitely. Nothing concrete has been heard from the programmer for a long time and I don't really expect to hear anything.

Stick with TB 2.5 until it craps out.

Cap
Old 09-26-2018, 05:09 AM   #39
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
TB 2013 aka 1.4 is a disaster for almost everyone. A few have somehow managed to get it to work for more than a little while.

TB 2.5 is the only real option at present. It is my understanding that some people on this forum are part of a team who have signed NDAs currently testing an alpha version of Paul Norman's revamp of Title Bout. However it has been talked about for at least three years since the failure of TB2013. At one point this year it seemed they were near the beta testing stage but it seems a serious failure occurred which set the project back to the drawing board indefinitely. Nothing concrete has been heard from the programmer for a long time and I don't really expect to hear anything.

Stick with TB 2.5 until it craps out.

Cap
Hi Cap,

I know how much you enjoy the game and I wish it got some of the love Baseball and Hockey have had. I am up there, so I had an opportunity to test the venture into the computer game with the Trunzo's. I would have hoped we could have done them proud. Anyway, I have enjoyed many of your posts here and many of the other inmates as well. I may have to stop by more often!

Regards,

JP

Last edited by RANGER11JP; 02-11-2020 at 05:22 AM.
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #40
APBAgreat
Minors (Single A)

The game I had Saved from 2004, suddenly stopped working on Windows 7 on July 26, 2019. I was advised by Andreas Raht that he would fix it for me but he never did, and never replied to a couple of dozen E-Mail inquiries regarding his gracious offer to fix this problem. I hope Andreas is alright. Is there any way I can ever get that SAVED GAME to work again? When I first purchased the new game from PISD, it had a download provision from the old TBCB 2.5 and still does, however, Andreas told me that the new 1.4 version doesn't support the boxers from 2.5, but it did for years, When I received new licenses, it still asked if I wanted to import the boxers from 2.5, but I was afraid too that based on the conflicting info provided to me by Andreas. Can anyone advise me on how to reactivate this SAVED GAME?

Last edited by APBAgreat; 04-30-2020 at 03:08 PM.
APBAgreat is offline   Reply With Quote