Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-22-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Moving an Expansion Team to a Different Division

Hello everyone -

I have a modern MLB game going...started in 2013 and am now in 2034. The league expanded by two teams via league evolution at the end of the last season. The new teams are Columbus and Jacksonville. The game put Columbus in the AL Central (makes sense) and Jacksonville in the NL Central (not so much and note Milwaukee moved to Austin about 18 years ago).

I would like to put Jacksonville in the NL East as Miami and Atlanta would be nice geographic rivals. From what I have read, it seems best to move a team to a new division on the first day of the Preseason (the point I am at now, though I have backups going back to prior to the expansion draft).

First question...is it in fact OK to move the team at this point?

Second question...once I move Jacksonville to the NL East, I know that I will need to regenerate the schedule...I assume OOTP can generate a schedule for the situation of (I have interleague play on):

NL East 6 teams
NL Central 5 teams
NL West 5 teams
AL East 5 teams
AL Central 6 teams
AL West 5 teams

Correct?

Thanks in advance and if I have not been clear, please let me know and I will try and give further detail. I am using OOTP 14 (fully patched).

Cheers.

Last edited by OttoGott; 05-22-2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added version number.
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I always move teams either in January or at the start of Preseason. Moving them prior throws history off a bit. i would hit generate schedule and make sure all teams have the same amount of games. You should also be able to find a suitable schedule in this thread.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3780009
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Game. I moved the team at the very start of preseason and hit generate schedule and it appears all teams have 162 games scheduled. Though it appears no interleague games were scheduled even though I have that setting turned on. Not a huge deal but strange. I'll play out this season and then see if interleague games get scheduled next year. Thanks again.
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoGott View Post
Thanks Game. I moved the team at the very start of preseason and hit generate schedule and it appears all teams have 162 games scheduled. Though it appears no interleague games were scheduled even though I have that setting turned on. Not a huge deal but strange. I'll play out this season and then see if interleague games get scheduled next year. Thanks again.
Make sure interleague is checked or try one of the schedules from the link. They have schedules for every alignment.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote