Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #61
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I will do that.

Do you know if it's possible to edit the standings? What I want to do, and I think there are a lot of people who share this desire, is to have a quickstart that is at the end of the 2012 World Series. I can easily do that, by simming the season and then editing the stats file to eliminate the simmed 2012 stats and replacing them with the real ones. That's what I plan on doing.

But, doing that still leaves us with the simmed standings and not the real ones. I'm 99.9% sure we can't edit the standings to make them identical to the real ones, but on the possibility that I'm wrong, I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to do that, if it could be done.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #62
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
I will do that.

Do you know if it's possible to edit the standings? What I want to do, and I think there are a lot of people who share this desire, is to have a quickstart that is at the end of the 2012 World Series. I can easily do that, by simming the season and then editing the stats file to eliminate the simmed 2012 stats and replacing them with the real ones. That's what I plan on doing.

But, doing that still leaves us with the simmed standings and not the real ones. I'm 99.9% sure we can't edit the standings to make them identical to the real ones, but on the possibility that I'm wrong, I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to do that, if it could be done.
Pretty sure that falls under editing/adding team/league histories which we can't do in game. Ask Spritze...he knows.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #63
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What we need is change start date like you could in free version of NHL Eastside Hockey Manager.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:56 AM   #64
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

what is the point of having an end of year roster for 2012, but you start at the beginning of the season...this is a horrible idea, of course...IMHO.
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #65
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I found the way to delete all league history and player stats which helps mask the updated MLB file a bit, but is there any way to get the start date to be in 2013 and not 2012?

Also, is there a way to get the service time of players accurate? For instance, Bryce Harper is showing as having zero MLB days.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #66
Mariners fan 24
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I found the way to delete all league history and player stats which helps mask the updated MLB file a bit, but is there any way to get the start date to be in 2013 and not 2012?

Also, is there a way to get the service time of players accurate? For instance, Bryce Harper is showing as having zero MLB days.

Yeah, you have to go into commish mode, and edit it in the players ratings.
Mariners fan 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #67
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

not that it matters right now with 14 just around the corner but I've used the end of season add-on and I'm into my 2nd season and I've realized that the injury setting is not working properly.

in my 2012 season i didn't have a single player go to the DL in my entire organization (ML + 6 minors). I started out with the "normal" rating and when I noticed that no one was getting injured I've tried it at all injury settings and currently on the highest setting I'm May of 2013 and only 4 players in the entire MLB are on the DL.

Not sure what is going on but might be something to check for future reference.

thanks for doing these also, I enjoyed the updated spec and minor league rating quite a bit.

Trav
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote