Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:19 PM   #21
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Exclamation Alienware playing OOTP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
ssd is good for windows. Also good for high end gaming. Very negligible difference in ootp
Name:  alienware nebula red3.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  149.7 KB
Remember when we could watch MLB games, live!?

Last edited by Mariner and Giants Fan; 03-31-2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: comment!
Mariner and Giants Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:24 PM   #22
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
I was just watching the Cards and Twins today on my YouTube TV DVR. One of the last ST games before the world went to crap
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 PM   #23
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
[attach]Attachment 683827[/attach]
I was more a fan of Alienware when they were their own company. Quality isn't as good now that they're a Dell brand
Old 03-31-2020, 11:32 PM   #24
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
I was more a fan of Alienware when they were their own company. Quality isn't as good now that they're a Dell brand
I have purchased Alienware laptops since before they were owned by Dell and I find them as good now as they were then. Maybe you were an extreme gamer?
Old 03-31-2020, 11:43 PM   #25
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
I was just watching the Cards and Twins today on my YouTube TV DVR. One of the last ST games before the world went to crap
Name:  alienware nebula red4.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  127.0 KB

Watching MLB with top games of the past and playing OOTP21! Not live but close
Old 03-31-2020, 11:45 PM   #26
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
I have purchased Alienware laptops since before they were owned by Dell and I find them as good now as they were then. Maybe you were an extreme gamer?
Not really.. I mean I used to play more PC games but it was stuff like Civ and Simcity. I just don't like Dell period. I'll take a Lenovo any day of the week
Old 03-31-2020, 11:46 PM   #27
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Attachment 683837

Watching MLB with top games of the past and playing OOTP21! Not live but close
I've got about 20 ST games on my DVR so I've been recycling them.. Watching Dylan Carlson show he's ready for the bigs!
Old 04-01-2020, 12:54 AM   #28
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Gonna hijack this thread a bit. Planning on seriously upgrading my setup this year, and want a PC, either a tower or laptop and use it as a docking station.

I already have a Early 2015 MacBook Pro, almost all my games are on my Xbox or PS4, but I wanna move most of them to PC (especially games like Madden and 2K). Would you guys suggest getting a replacement laptop (like a Zephyrus G14) or building my own tower? I feel like towers are probably more performance per dollar vs laptops, but you get the mobility with laptops.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, the main save Im planning on starting soon is pretty large, full NCAA, JUCO, and HS feeders from Dr. Park, all independents and foreign leagues, all facegens created with stats saved, so a lot of storage and RAM is needed.

Last edited by itsmb8; 04-01-2020 at 12:56 AM.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:03 AM   #29
Charley575
All Star Reserve

Honestly you don't need much to run OOTP. As of version 19 I was still able run it on an old Vista laptop I bought in '08. Now of course if you plan to run multi year sims and whatnot, you're going to want something with more memory and processing power. Depends on how you play. If you just sim a day at a time, you need very little.

Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:54 AM   #30
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Gonna hijack this thread a bit. Planning on seriously upgrading my setup this year, and want a PC, either a tower or laptop and use it as a docking station.

I already have a Early 2015 MacBook Pro, almost all my games are on my Xbox or PS4, but I wanna move most of them to PC (especially games like Madden and 2K). Would you guys suggest getting a replacement laptop (like a Zephyrus G14) or building my own tower? I feel like towers are probably more performance per dollar vs laptops, but you get the mobility with laptops.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, the main save Im planning on starting soon is pretty large, full NCAA, JUCO, and HS feeders from Dr. Park, all independents and foreign leagues, all facegens created with stats saved, so a lot of storage and RAM is needed.
Absolutely a tower,
How much money are you wanting to spend? bc if you don't wanna spend a ton up front, you can buy a mid range tower with a i5 or i7 and upgrade on the fly down the road. That mid range tower will run OOTP perfectly and most games well and then become a beast as you upgrade. That's usually how i do it due to things i need to do around the house with the family. Definitely look at the LG Ultra wide monitors, they are absolutely incredible. Just start the game in windowed mode and then go full screen and drop back to windowed before you close the game.

My plan is to do the same thing.
I'll add a small SSD eventually run windows off of, another 8 GB ram and finally a better video card.

Honestly, the game you are talking about is gonna run fine with 8 to 16 GB Ram. Depends on the time frame you're looking at... I have mid range AMD A8 processor and I never have more than 30 seconds between days, usually closer to 15 seconds and I'm running an incredibly big league
Old 04-01-2020, 07:51 AM   #31
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

"Dude you're getting a Dell!"

Quote:
Not really.. I mean I used to play more PC games but it was stuff like Civ and Simcity. I just don't like Dell period. I'll take a Lenovo any day of the week
Ahh, so it's a Dell thing. I have used Dell extensively for 20 plus years and had very few issues, and this includes work and home. I actually think that the look of the Alienware computers (laptop and towers) improved when Dell purchased the company.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #32
qcbandits
Banned

Yes it's definitely a Dell thing. The one Dell I owned was the worst machine I've ever owned
Old 04-05-2020, 12:48 AM   #33
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SSD is good for windows. Also good for high end gaming. Very negligible difference in OOTP
Yep my setup is small SSD for booting up windows. Big hog traditional HDs for storage.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote