Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:17 AM   #61
sharknut
All Star Reserve

6 more playoff appearances. 5 of them with over 100 wins, 2 with over 110 wins. No titles. Broncos blew a 3-0 lead in the WS and the Chiles lost game 7 in the WS blowing a 5-0 lead in game 7. Clippers went 122-40 and lost in the first round to a 84-78 wild card team

I quit

Last edited by sharknut; 11-09-2020 at 05:21 AM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #62
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

Well, my Rustics were 93-69 and I got upset by a 85-78 team (I messed up my rotation because I didn't start preparing early enough, so my 3rd or 4th best pitcher was the starter, but my hitters were still quite a bit better on paper). Then the 85-78 team upset a 123-39 team in the division series, only to lose to a 78-84 team in the championship series.

Last I checked the 78-84 team was 1-1 in the World Series. In Perfect League. Never seen that before. I'll be sure to check the series when I get home. I'm a little skeptical a team with the ballpark factors on super pitcher friendly and mediocre hitting that went 78-84 can win. They had a run differential of +17... my pitching essentially gave up as few runs as theirs (within 50 at least, certainly within 100) with a completely neutral park. I don't get baseball sometimes.

I suppose it helped the 78-84 team that they won the division quite a bit, because it let them skip the two teams with the best records when the other team had a bit of luck.

Last edited by Zorian77; 11-09-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #63
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
6 more playoff appearances. 5 of them with over 100 wins, 2 with over 110 wins. No titles. Broncos blew a 3-0 lead in the WS and the Chiles lost game 7 in the WS blowing a 5-0 lead in game 7. Clippers went 122-40 and lost in the first round to a 84-78 wild card team

I quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorian77 View Post
Well, my Rustics were 93-69 and I got upset by a 85-78 team (I messed up my rotation because I didn't start preparing early enough, so my 3rd or 4th best pitcher was the starter, but my hitters were still quite a bit better on paper). Then the 85-78 team upset a 123-39 team in the division series, only to lose to a 78-84 team in the championship series.

Last I checked the 78-84 team was 1-1 in the World Series. In Perfect League. Never seen that before. I'll be sure to check the series when I get home. I'm a little skeptical a team with the ballpark factors on super pitcher friendly and mediocre hitting that went 78-84 can win. They had a run differential of +17... my pitching essentially gave up as few runs as theirs (within 50 at least, certainly within 100) with a completely neutral park. I don't get baseball sometimes.

I suppose it helped the 78-84 team that they won the division quite a bit, because it let them skip the two teams with the best records when the other team had a bit of luck.
Hey, we were in the same division last season! I was the 123-39 team that got beat. That was our best regular season result ever. Sadly, Peak Pedro crashed pretty heavily after his perfect game, losing both his starts in the series.

Looks like the dice rolls kept coming for the J Dogs too
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #64
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Wow. My perennially unlucky Little Rock Crayons finally won a Perfect Series to complete the F2P full championship ribbon. They won a Diamond title in 2046, then won their first Perfect title just now, in 2103.

This despite making the playoffs almost every year... really unlucky! But happy to have finally got the top title with all my teams.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #65
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Wow. My perennially unlucky Little Rock Crayons finally won a Perfect Series to complete the F2P full championship ribbon. They won a Diamond title in 2046, then won their first Perfect title just now, in 2103.

This despite making the playoffs almost every year... really unlucky! But happy to have finally got the top title with all my teams.
Gratz!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 11-09-2020, 04:59 PM   #66
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post

Hey, we were in the same division last season! I was the 123-39 team that got beat. That was our best regular season result ever. Sadly, Peak Pedro crashed pretty heavily after his perfect game, losing both his starts in the series.

Looks like the dice rolls kept coming for the J Dogs too
I felt bad you lost, I looked through all the rosters and was like "Okay, the 123-39 team should cruise to winning this unless something weird happens." But I guess you have to play the games still.

I suppose in fairness to the J Dogs, his division was essentially at parity and having a really good team in a league will keep wins down for everyone else. Still, I'm a bit jealous he made it all the way, because I've considered my team a favorite a few times, and I've never even made it to the Perfect League World Series yet. J Dogs' starting pitching quality is way better than mine though, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:26 PM   #67
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorian77 View Post
I felt bad you lost, I looked through all the rosters and was like "Okay, the 123-39 team should cruise to winning this unless something weird happens." But I guess you have to play the games still.
Yep, that's the way the postseason cookie often crumbles

Quote:
I suppose in fairness to the J Dogs, his division was essentially at parity and having a really good team in a league will keep wins down for everyone else. Still, I'm a bit jealous he made it all the way, because I've considered my team a favorite a few times, and I've never even made it to the Perfect League World Series yet. J Dogs' starting pitching quality is way better than mine though, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.
Hey, there's always this week!

On my side, I think just getting to the postseason will be a tough ask this season. I'm in a division with 22-time PL winners Gonzaga Bulldogs and consistent 100+ win (and 2-time champs) Buffalo Palos. It might be a looong week...

Old 11-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #68
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I quit
This happens frequently. I had close to 140 wins and was 1st in all hitting categories. Only to get shutout in 3 games in the playoffs for an early exit.

Wildcards rule in Perfect team!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:12 PM   #69
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Since this seems the most active thread about XX, maybe I can get an answer here.

I pulled a Perfect All-Time Legend Nolan Ryan and he isn't good enough to use on my pitching staff. When I went to sell, it says "locked". I didn't use him on any mission. I just went and checked every mission that I completed and he is not a part of any of them.

Can a card be locked if you haven't used it on a mission?

Old 11-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #70
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since this seems the most active thread about XX, maybe I can get an answer here.

I pulled a Perfect All-Time Legend Nolan Ryan and he isn't good enough to use on my pitching staff. When I went to sell, it says "locked". I didn't use him on any mission. I just went and checked every mission that I completed and he is not a part of any of them.

That does seem pretty odd...

Old 11-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #71
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Can someone check their "All-Time Legend" cards and let me know if you are able to sell or if they show locked?

I have 22 All Time Legends and they all show locked?

Old 11-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #72
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can someone check their "All-Time Legend" cards and let me know if you are able to sell or if they show locked?

I have 22 All Time Legends and they all show locked?
I also have 22 All Time Legend cards. 17 are locked but those are all cards I've used in missions.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #73
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It would be nice if the history portion of a card showed the complete history for purchasing or how acquired,, when sold and when used in collection. This would include prior owner information as well.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #74
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Does anyone else have the Houston perfect Ryan? What missions can you use that card for, anything other than "Astros: Propulsion", I can't find him on any other mission. I haven't completed that mission so I can't figure out why it would be locked.

I'd really like to sell it.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:26 AM   #75
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does anyone else have the Houston perfect Ryan? What missions can you use that card for, anything other than "Astros: Propulsion", I can't find him on any other mission. I haven't completed that mission so I can't figure out why it would be locked.

I'd e-mail support or PM a dev. Seems odd.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #76
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He is in the Amazin Mets Collection.
Houston Astros Propulsion

Last edited by daves; 11-21-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:08 AM   #77
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I'd e-mail support or PM a dev. Seems odd.
I think I've discovered the issue.

If you have completed a mission and then draw a card in that mission that you don't have, it marks it locked because the mission is closed.

I just pulled a Diamond Kirby Yates and I already had closed that Padres mission and his card showed up as locked as soon as I pulled it.

Old 12-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #78
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I've discovered the issue.

If you have completed a mission and then draw a card in that mission that you don't have, it marks it locked because the mission is closed.

I just pulled a Diamond Kirby Yates and I already had closed that Padres mission and his card showed up as locked as soon as I pulled it.
Hmm, definitely email or PM. I've pulled cards from already closed missions and can sell them no problem. For example, I've got a 94 Warren Spahn from one of the Braves missions, and a 89 Greg Maddux from another that were pulled after I locked those missions and they're available to sell...

Old 12-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #79
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Just lost my 10th World Series without a win.

Had 16 more wins than the team I got swept by.

I have 8200 wins, 55 playoff appearances and zero titles
the guy I lost to has 7500 wins 51 playoff appearance and 6 titles

Old 12-13-2020, 11:49 PM   #80
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just lost my 10th World Series without a win.

Had 16 more wins than the team I got swept by.

I have 8200 wins, 55 playoff appearances and zero titles
That's as bad as any RNG i've seen in PT