Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #1
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

The 2090s Decade - Discussion Thread

Figure I'd kick this off, if anyone is interested anymore, with a snapshot of 2091's P454, which looks to be an exceptionally competitive league. Good luck to all! Especially those Frogs that are a-Fighting. Seriously.
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 PM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

You got me intrigued enough to check mine this week and it looks interesting. Counted well over 100 perfect titles between the major teams.

I recently bought a Zack Wheat for only 460k to see if he could do better than Hardware Heroes Ruth and for the novelty factor. Hasn't disappointed so far, avoid K was just so important in this game. Then dumped the rest of my points into a Hughie Jennings since I've never used him before even though I still think SE Willie Randolph is the best platoon 2B vs lefties but I will try him out for a few weeks starting next season there. Giving up on HOF Walker unless I spike him or something worth that much in a pack.
Attached Images
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:03 AM   #3
Trebro
All Star Reserve

I'm still pretty new to Perfect Team (this is only my third week) but I've been happy with my teams so far. I'm doing my second year in Bronze, and it's interesting that some of the players who kicked butt for me in Bronze Y1 are struggling so far in Bronze Y2.

I'm playing entirely free, so it's going to take awhile to get my team extremely competitive, but I'm only 2 games out of first so not too shabby so far.

Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Here's P466. Haven't been through all the teams but looks like a relatively weak league (relatively, I stress, relatively). Last 2 weeks I've been in divisions with regular 130+ game winners. While the Brewballers have 2 PL championships they're not quite that caliber of team. Which means we might have a shot at the division this week following 3 wildcards in a row.
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 03:21 PM   #5
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Here's P466. Haven't been through all the teams but looks like a relatively weak league (relatively, I stress, relatively). Last 2 weeks I've been in divisions with regular 130+ game winners. While the Brewballers have 2 PL championships they're not quite that caliber of team. Which means we might have a shot at the division this week following 3 wildcards in a row.
So after this bold, and perhaps slightly arrogant, statement it looks like I'm not even going to make the postseason as a wildcard this week. 82-61, 6 1/2 games back in the division, in 3rd place, and 3 games out of the wildcard, with a fairly tough run home. Pythag says we should be 89-54 but all that is good for is massaging the ego.

Peak Gossage just blew his 6th save of the season and picked up his 7th loss. Not that the late-innings meltdowns are all on his back. His FIP is more than 2 runs lower than his ERA, so our defense has been letting him way, way down.

On the plus side, I finished the Angels' missions yesterday. Chuck Finley is barely a bullpen option, but Tim Salmon will be on the active roster next season. I'm thinking I might trade down defensively a bit to fit him in. SE Rickey Henderson to the reserve roster, live Trout back to CF, Salmon to DH vs RHP and LF vs LHP.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 08-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #6
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

This Is the Way P454 Ends (the Regular Season)

And here is how the highly competitive 2091 P454 regular season--aka, The One About the Fighting Frogs and Red Raiders Reuniting--ended. Huntley's season-ending 11-game winning streak earned the Red Raiders the #1 seed in the NC by a mere 1 game over La Crosse, with the Kogarah Kings nabbing the #3 seed, finishing 3 games behind the Froggies. Huntley will face either division mate New York Anarchy (who Huntley defeated 4-3 in a memorable Perfect League Series a few seasons back) or the Las Vegas Outlaws in the Division Series. Good luck to all!
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #7
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

P463- Some of Ktown's players ended the season on amazing streaks!

CC Sabathia (peak) - 95.2 IP, 11-0, 2.07 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, 73 K's, 16 walks
Mike Schooler - 26 IP, 18 saves, 0.00 ERA (!), 0.69 WHIP, 23 K's, 9 walks (brought his season ERA down from 4.67 to 2.67)
Rollie Fingers (1978) - 24 IP, 1 save, 0.38 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, 15 K's, 3 walks

Helped me finish the last 3 months 21-6, 17-10, 3-0 to go from 7.5 games back of the second wildcard at the start of August (when the team was 48-57), to clinching the first wildcard by 3 games at 89-73. It was really cool to see CC emulating his Brewers run in perfect league. I've never really seen him get hot like that. Probably the best end of season luck I've had. I'm usually on the opposite side of this.

Also the cherry on top was that I reorganized my pitching lineup and had Sid Fernandez pitch a game so I could put Stan Coveleski as my wild card starter, and Sid did fine! Finished the season on a 7 game winning streak.

Last edited by Zorian77; 08-16-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P454: (Friendly) Rivalry Renewed!

Huntley vs La Crosse...Red Raiders vs Fighting Frogs...friends become enemies (for 4 to 7 games)!
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #9
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Ooof

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Huntley vs La Crosse...Red Raiders vs Fighting Frogs...friends become enemies (for 4 to 7 games)!
Huntley was up 3-1 and feeling good about themselves. But then...total Frog domination.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2020, 10:18 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

Doubledays won their 15th Perfect title. Both wildcards took out the top seeds easing the path for the Doubledays.

Cy Young won the Pitching triple crown. He had 3 major awards in 2091, Best pitcher award (Cy Young ), MVP and Championship.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #11
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

2092 P499: Another Old Friend

Well, hello there, Westheim!
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #12
Trebro
All Star Reserve

After a very rough start, a few auction bids and a few good pulls got me back into the race in 2092's Silver 377.

Currently in a 3-way fight for the two Wild Card Spots. We're all in the same division, too, and we'd all be leading a division if we were elsewhere. If Promo-Rel were done today, we'd all go up to Gold together. I'll be curious how that plays out tomorrow...

Old 08-22-2020, 10:04 PM   #13
Trebro
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebro View Post
After a very rough start, a few auction bids and a few good pulls got me back into the race in 2092's Silver 377.

Currently in a 3-way fight for the two Wild Card Spots. We're all in the same division, too, and we'd all be leading a division if we were elsewhere. If Promo-Rel were done today, we'd all go up to Gold together. I'll be curious how that plays out tomorrow...
It played out with my team just not able to overcome its pitching issues. We won 88 games and lost game 163 to determine who would enter the Wild Card.

For my first year in Silver, I'll take being close but not promoted. Now to try and win some tournaments this weekend to stock up on packs.

Old 08-22-2020, 10:49 PM   #14
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebro View Post
It played out with my team just not able to overcome its pitching issues. We won 88 games and lost game 163 to determine who would enter the Wild Card.

For my first year in Silver, I'll take being close but not promoted. Now to try and win some tournaments this weekend to stock up on packs.
I'm sure you'll get promoted to Gold next week

With 6 games to play in P410, the 'Glou are 93-63. We've got the division sewn up (this week was actually a weak conference) but the stinger is that we're 9 games below pythag. Hopefully that means we'll get some good RNG leveling during the playoffs

Old 08-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #15
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Got as far as the League Championship Series before going down in 7 to 14-time PL champs and 136-game winners in 2092, the Glendale Golden Grizzlies.

It was about as lopsided as a 7-game series can be.

Game 1: 15-0 Grizzlies
Game 2: 4-1 Grizzlies
Game 3: 3-2 'Glou
Game 4: 2-1 'Glou
Game 5: 11-4 Grizzlies
Game 6: 3-2 'Glou in 10
Game 7: 11-2 Grizzlies

Finished the Astros missions this week, so will have 3 upgrades going into 2093.

Frank DiPino and Octavio Dotel into the pen, and Cesar Cedeno into the lineup vs LHP and to backup the outfield vs RHP.

SE Cedeno replaces SE Carl Furillo, who's been good in 2 seasons of limited PA, but Cedeno offers better defense and should be a better bat vs LHP thanks to his superior eye and power (I say should because we know how PT seems to favor high-contact, low-eye, average-avoid-K guys over comparable high-contact, good-eye, average-avoid-K guys). Cedeno is a much better baserunner too.

I don't know yet whether trading down in CF defense (SE Henderson to bench, Live Trout to CF, bigger bat in the lineup - SE Salmon in this case) will result in improved offense without losing too much on the defensive end. This week we had a run differential of +245 compared to last week's differential of +186, which in turn was superior to the previous week's +131, but this week really was a weak league (apart from the Grizzlies and about 3-4 other teams out of 30) so, well, I don't know

Next week I'm trying a new bullpen strategy. Seeing as I now have a decent amount of great actual relievers, I'm cutting down the high stamina guys in the pen from 3 to 2. I can always change back midway if it's not working so well, right?

Old 08-25-2020, 11:02 PM   #16
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Perfect Team! Kicked the **** out of the Golden Saucer Wonder Squares

Rey Ordonez (3rd ovr best SS ever) flipped to John Henry Lloyd (2nd best OVR SS ever) for out #3 in inning 9!

Here's how it looked. I don't believe anyone but this John Henry Lloyd & Rey Ordonez could have got the job done...just the way I wanted. Golden Saucer, how'd the series go. For me, it was good just because you took 27 of them in less time than the Yanks. Any comment, ElementalKnight?

Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo!
Attached Images
Image Image 

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:12 PM   #17
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Part Deux- the vacuums on the infield

John Henry must've been one serious guy about baseball & life. I see determination? ah-ha! in his eyes? I like that combo.

Rey-O, he came along way, possibly why he's holding a pink bear instead of a round ball, huh, Jay? You are truly a Perfect Team smorgasboard. I wouldn't have thought to play him without you & some of you other beautiful soulds, neither.

3 days of Black Magic...adieu for now
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 08-27-2020, 12:07 AM   #18
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc23 View Post
huntley was up 3-1 and feeling good about themselves. But then...total frog domination.
ahhhhhhhhh!!

Old 08-27-2020, 01:24 AM   #19
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Best SS ever Poll

A). Alex
B) I don't know all of them. But pretty good 1942-
C) Ozzie Smith
D) (definitely Rey Ordonez?). Give him a chance...contrast with Ozzie's play, far more magnificent in that St. Louis Red at times, but Rey was magic. Whoa! Rey is magic. Black beauty, not only magic.
E). John Pop Henry Lloyd. Knew how to coach another into SS. Appreciate that about my Doctor. (Dwight Gooden)
F). Sally
G). Chris Flore

Old 08-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
A). Alex
B) I don't know all of them. But pretty good 1942-
C) Ozzie Smith
D) (definitely Rey Ordonez?). Give him a chance...contrast with Ozzie's play, far more magnificent in that St. Louis Red at times, but Rey was magic. Whoa! Rey is magic. Black beauty, not only magic.
E). John Pop Henry Lloyd. Knew how to coach another into SS. Appreciate that about my Doctor. (Dwight Gooden)
F). Sally
G). Chris Flore
From the poll #3 Ozzie.
Best SS Card in PT20 - Hall of Fame Jeter. $$$$

daves is offline   Reply With Quote