Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #21
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Finally, somebody extorts me for 1.9 mil PP, for McCutchen so I can complete the TOTD collection for Trout. I can't even use McCutchen. So, from here on out, Collingwood becomes pack only. I should be able to open 100 packs a week. First, batch of 100 opened today and netted about 60K in value. 1 live perfect, 4 live diamonds, 1 historical diamond, 10 golds. With that kind of return maybe 200 packs a week!

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #22
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm waiting for one of the TOTD Ortiz's to drop.

Gotta love when one has been listed for 2 million over and over then some genius thinks 2.6M an hour after the first gets relisted yet again is the winning move.

Unless it's the same guy with both trying to make the first look more attractive.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:05 PM   #23
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I'm waiting for one of the TOTD Ortiz's to drop.

Gotta love when one has been listed for 2 million over and over then some genius thinks 2.6M an hour after the first gets relisted yet again is the winning move.

Unless it's the same guy with both trying to make the first look more attractive.
Yeah, I guess half of it is definitely up to me. I mean, I realize that, but when you look up a card and see the inflated price INFLATED even more...it's depressing. Or it ain't. I'm putting together a team just for fun right now, & bought one of the players I needed for 44 PP...plus in 3.0 I grabbed a Norm Cash at like 20% of the norm value with 6 seconds left on the auction & no bids.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #24
Izz
Hall Of Famer

103-59 for the 'Glou this season, which was only good enough for a wildcard... and then a loss to the 88-74 Sunrise Manor Blue Claws, who we'd just swept in a 3-game series to finish the season.

Got sidetracked from finishing the live missions to finishing the Brewers' set. 97OVR SE Sheets is a good addition to the rotation, meaning deGrom finally gets sent to reserves. Also put 95OVR SE Fielder into my lineup vs RHP, pushing Jeff Bagwell, my everyday 1B since 2023, into a platoon role.

Now just on the lookout for Rendon to finish all the live missions.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:42 PM   #25
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Rivalry Renewed!

The Huntley Red Raiders were the #3 seed in the P493 AC this season. But first came a stunning 4-run comeback on the road in game 5 of the Division Series to defeat the Odense Karolina. Then came a convincing 4-2 Sub-League Series win against the #1 AC seed Grit City Goon Squad. And now...

THIS IS A RIVALRY ALERT
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:39 PM   #26
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Magpies pick up #27 (32 overall) after bankrupting the team acquiring Mike Trout and Curt Schilling. When Trout arrived on July 2nd, the Magpies trailed the St Louis River Raiders by 1 game and in the end won the division by just 6 games. Unfortunately for the River Raiders, they lost the WC game paving the way for the Magpies. Mike Trout was MVP in the division series and in the perfect series justifying the outlay of 1.9 million points. Even so, the offense scored just 898 runs in 2085, the worst performance in nearly 50 seasons.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #27
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Same As It Ever Was

Congratulations to the Singapore Sluggers on their 26th Perfect League championship--many of which were apparently not at Huntley's expense?

The Red Raiders will console themselves with the knowledge that the team has now made 6 straight Perfect League Series appearances and won 3 of them, which is pretty darn good, all things considered.

Onward, PT 2.0!
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2020, 04:25 PM   #28
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Finally, somebody extorts me for 1.9 mil PP, for McCutchen so I can complete the TOTD collection for Trout. I can't even use McCutchen. So, from here on out, Collingwood becomes pack only. I should be able to open 100 packs a week. First, batch of 100 opened today and netted about 60K in value. 1 live perfect, 4 live diamonds, 1 historical diamond, 10 golds. With that kind of return maybe 200 packs a week!
I was eyeing that McCutchen but had to pass, probably would have done it too though if it was my third. Just now added a TOTD Ortiz for 1.25M. One went for 1.5M yesterday while the other guy kept to his plan of listing for 500K over any other copy. Then this one showed up and I didn't hesitate.

One more TOTD left to get my Trout and put this team on cruise control, should have about 1.5M liquid once my big auctions clear. Or I could finally get lucky once in a tournament (yeah right).
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:55 PM   #29
daves
Hall Of Famer

Did you ever have one of those weeks (seasons) where you completely dominated the regular season and thought you should easily win the title, but LOST in the best of 5 to the WILDCARD? Well last week was not that week for the Doubledays, as it was finally someone else's turn to fall flat in the playoffs against the wildcards after a great regular season! This paved the way for the Doubledays perfect #13.

Owlz won 3rd Perfect title facing a similar lefty ballpark team in the finals.

Both teams had mediocre regular seasons as compared to past seasons, but caught some breaks in the playoffs for titles!
Attached Images
Image Image 

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:18 AM   #30
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Did you ever have one of those weeks (seasons) where you completely dominated the regular season and thought you should easily win the title, but LOST in the best of 5 to the WILDCARD? Well last week was not that week for the Doubledays, as it was finally someone else's turn to fall flat in the playoffs against the wildcards after a great regular season! This paved the way for the Doubledays perfect #13.

Both teams had mediocre regular seasons as compared to past seasons, but caught some breaks in the playoffs for titles!
Flyers have been nicked by an equal or lesser regular season team a number of times in the 'divisional series'.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:17 AM   #31
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

The 1984-1989 New York Mets

So this week's team I limited my players to players who played for the Mets from 1984-1989. We finished 58-104, some of the star players could have definitely (& have had) better seasons at PL in the past but one nice surprise was Frank Viola. They ended up with 4 more wins than my 1st team at the Perfect League level; a group of bona fide all-time greats.

I don't think the quality of the teams lacks at all, I think it is easier for some of you to perfect your teams & are more invested in your teams and perhaps skilled & knowledgeable even, who knows? Sure we were limited to 6 years worth of players from a single franchise but I fielded as good a team as I could.

I got relegated to Diamond for this week... see if I can get another championship at that level.

Hey, Bailey...is your name Dave Anthony and did you lose a book?...by any chance? I found a book, says it belongs to Lucky Bailey AKA Dave Anthony.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-12-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #32
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post

This game is just so different from week to week. Last week my teams did not do well in the regular season and then caught breaks in the playoffs to take 2 Perfect titles. This week all THREE of my PT2.0 teams had great regular seasons and were the top seed in their conference (two teams had the best overall record for the entire league).

ALL THREE LOST IN THE BEST OF FIVE SERIES TO THE WILDCARD TEAM! ALL THREE!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:41 AM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

It was nice to see boxscores & statistics for players I was more familiar with but maybe I should have stuck to all-time Mets with the competition at PL level. I was hoping, realistically, for 69-82 wins... ended up with 58. So it wasn't that realistic. But Strawberry, Hernandez, Cone... if those 3 off the top of my head were a little better for the week, maybe we would have not been relegated (not that my loyalty might not be fun in diamond this week...sort of what goes down must come up effect, maybe)... nobody else besides Viola really gave me any freebies or surprise performances that helped win many more games than projected...with ALL the Mets I have I could probably at least played over .500 at Perfect. Anyway, only so many weeks to experiment with... I will say, a couple players I'm familiar with & know as baseball players (Gooden, Cone, (not just Mets...like Tony Gwynn even if he doesn't have HR power or the best glove)) are a little bit more interesting to play over players like Tris Speaker or Carl Hubbell who I don't really know much anything about & picked up on ratings alone. If you go straight for the kill, you can get pretty disappointed about all the almosts where you lose a 5-game or even a close 7-game series. And it seems like a lot of teams go all in. I laughed at how many baseball fans there are playing, though...or even just math whizzes all around; you know why should it be easy once we've gotten to the top level with allll the best teams? Kind of hard to judge who to play sometimes, still.

The losses were hard this week but it was easy to kind of enjoy each victory compared to other teams.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-13-2020 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #34
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Ah, That Timeless End to a Classic 7-Game Series...

...the walk-off balk.

Attached Images

Old 07-19-2020, 11:23 PM   #35
bailey
Hall Of Famer

My game 7 was more dramatic, except for the result.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 350
Size:  130.4 KB

Collingwood went on to win, though, with my best hitting output ever. Every starter won the great bat award!

Old 07-20-2020, 01:16 AM   #36
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2087 NY Flyers

We got relegated to Diamond after all 1980s Mets team in 2086. (finished in PeL 58-104)...

Not only did we have the biggest turn-around in franchise history in 2087 (+66 wins), but the best overall record in franchise history (124-38).

The only thing we didn't quite get was the icing & cherry on top of this gift. (Also known as The Trophy) We lost in the World Series, 4-2 to a team that won 6 games less than us (Montreal Devil Dogs)...(they really went on quite the 2nd half tear and were pretty much the only team I was concerned with in the 10-team playoff, injuries that don't happen in PT aside). With their 2nd half tear I even thought they might defeat us in the World Series... but... I did not foresee Tom Seaver losing 3 games in the playoffs after dropping 2 all season long. Here's the basic statistics from the season after the '80s Mets season. Back to Perfects tomorrow... I might start a Parakeet as my ace. I'd like to have a nice week all in all but there's countless...honestly countless variables involved, maybe I'll update after 2088 as well, maybe not.

BTW, getting demoted to Diamond was a nice reminder that a few of my cards still work. haha ...That Perfect Leagues is no joke.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-20-2020 at 01:28 AM. Reason: I made a mistake, yo
Old 07-20-2020, 02:35 AM   #37
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

King Kelly won MVP of the American League .448 Perfect League for the Ktown Rustics... as a DH.

Slash line of .310/.384/.488, 120 runs, 14 HR, 85 RBI, 76 steals, 12 CS. 207 hits, 55 doubles, 11 triples. He's never won an MVP before this in his 22 seasons of Perfect League play. He beat out a Rickey Henderson with 1.9 more WAR than him, although it looks like most of the difference was from defense. I suppose narrowly winning the division helped King's case.

I haven't had an MVP since bronze level. Not who I was expecting to break the curse. Unfortunately I lost a division series with four 1 run games- at least game 5 wasn't by 1 run, or I would have been not so happy.

Last edited by Zorian77; 07-20-2020 at 02:36 AM.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote