Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Mlb manager 2017?

These boards have been very very quiet, are we sure they're even going to continue to make this game next year?

A complete overhaul and huge improvements were promised, but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that this game generates no revenue for the company and one of these years they will just discontinue it.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The big smoke
Posts: 14,667
Thanks: 5,270
Thanked 5,184x in 3,169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
These boards have been very very quiet, are we sure they're even going to continue to make this game next year?

A complete overhaul and huge improvements were promised, but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that this game generates no revenue for the company and one of these years they will just discontinue it.
That would be a logical conclusion.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #3
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
That would be a logical conclusion.


Well that's disappointing.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:43 AM   #4
jfgrauer
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Posts: 38
Thanks: 11
Thanked 14x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Well that's disappointing.
VERY disappointing indeed!
__________________
Jon Grauer
jfgrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
I've said it before, the whole world is on their mobile devices and tablets these days, the market is potentially a huge one.

I know ootp caters to its niche fan base which pays for the full pc version but it would be nice to try to build up its MLB manager fan base.

Maybe make the game free for the rest of the year to try to attract people to tryout it out?
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Tunnelrunner (01-14-2017)
Old 11-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The big smoke
Posts: 14,667
Thanks: 5,270
Thanked 5,184x in 3,169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Well that's disappointing.
Why? I don't speak for OOTPD. My response was based on your comment about revenue etc. I'm on-board with any business decision they would make because they seem to know the market way better than most of us on the board.

I'd be way more disappointed if they didn't use good business sense.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #7
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Why? I don't speak for OOTPD. My response was based on your comment about revenue etc. I'm on-board with any business decision they would make because they seem to know the market way better than most of us on the board.



I'd be way more disappointed if they didn't use good business sense.


Haha I mean I guess it's nice to know ppl agree with me, but it's disappointing I may be right.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RchW (11-30-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 06:13 PM   #8
Edster007
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 705
Thanks: 488
Thanked 409x in 269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Haha I mean I guess it's nice to know ppl agree with me, but it's disappointing I may be right.
I havent been coming to the boards lately but I'll play the glass is half full guy. I think they know the mobile market is one they need to be in and being a small staff with other products in their annual cycle that it is easy to feel abandoned. I think Brad C was much more involved in communicating with us on this product ( no offense intended to any OOTP staffers). This year saw the game moved into the Google Play store. I cant imagine it getting dropped. I wouldn't guarantee a complete overhaul but I'd wager the game goes on. Keep in mind the heavy workload Sebastian has with FHM which was just recently released.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
RchW (12-01-2016), wodi (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #9
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Mlb manager 2017?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I havent been coming to the boards lately but I'll play the glass is half full guy. I think they know the mobile market is one they need to be in and being a small staff with other products in their annual cycle that it is easy to feel abandoned. I think Brad C was much more involved in communicating with us on this product ( no offense intended to any OOTP staffers). This year saw the game moved into the Google Play store. I cant imagine it getting dropped. I wouldn't guarantee a complete overhaul but I'd wager the game goes on. Keep in mind the heavy workload Sebastian has with FHM which was just recently released.


I know but I'd pay money for a complete overall..... hell I'd pay money for some sort of minor league system.

I'd donate to the company if I knew this was gonna happen.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:10 AM   #10
Edster007
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 705
Thanks: 488
Thanked 409x in 269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I know but I'd pay money for a complete overall..... hell I'd pay money for some sort of minor league system.

I'd donate to the company if I knew this was gonna happen.
I buy it along with all the seasons each year to support the game. I have no idea what the ceiling is when it comes to what they can do with an app. I'd by happy if the any "overhaul" took place over the next few releases.

I have no idea where the sales figures are for the game vs. the amount of resources they expend to put the game out. That has to dictate how much time they allot to it each year. There would be some of us hardcore players of this game who would be disappointed if there wasn't a complete overhaul-I wouldn't blame the dev's though, they gotta eat.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:49 PM   #11
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I buy it along with all the seasons each year to support the game. I have no idea what the ceiling is when it comes to what they can do with an app. I'd by happy if the any "overhaul" took place over the next few releases.



I have no idea where the sales figures are for the game vs. the amount of resources they expend to put the game out. That has to dictate how much time they allot to it each year. There would be some of us hardcore players of this game who would be disappointed if there wasn't a complete overhaul-I wouldn't blame the dev's though, they gotta eat.


The disappointment would come from the fact that no changes were made from 15 to 16 AND THEN the devs promised an overhaul.

I don't NEED an overhaul, but you promised it, so you have to make some sort of upgrades to the game. Would be a bad PR move to promise an overhaul and then change nothing 2 years in a row.

I also don't know anything about the revenues, but if a dev wants to Pm me, I'd love to talk numbers and if a larger donation would even help them.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #12
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)
 
BeanballComin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 158
Thanks: 277
Thanked 71x in 42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I buy it along with all the seasons each year to support the game.
Same here .. although the unchangeable font size on screens like the box-score (Android 4.4) made the game not worth playing. If I can't read the box-score, well pfff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
The disappointment would come from the fact that no changes were made from 15 to 16 AND THEN the devs promised an overhaul..
And I'm still convinced it would be the number one talked about mobile platform baseball game for realistic results, had there been follow-through.
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:36 AM   #13
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanballComin View Post
Same here .. although the unchangeable font size on screens like the box-score (Android 4.4) made the game not worth playing. If I can't read the box-score, well pfff.




And I'm still convinced it would be the number one talked about mobile platform baseball game for realistic results, had there been follow-through.


It already is an amazing game, I can't imagine how great it would be with a legit minor league system, etc.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #14
hcorry2001
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New York City
Posts: 73
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24x in 18 posts
I play this game on a daily basis and i am hooked on it! If they discontinue the game, i'd be greatly disappointed. Hopefully they will make some changes/upgrades to the series. Maybe a little more in-depth with the minor league systems would be a start. Of course increasing the text size of the boxscores would help. Maybe add things like rule 5 draft, 40 man roster, waiver deadlines (revocable as well as irrevocable waivers) international signings & spring training games just to name a few. Can you guys think of any other additions but i know they are limited because of android platform.

Last edited by hcorry2001; 12-05-2016 at 07:39 PM.
hcorry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:42 PM   #15
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcorry2001 View Post
I play this game on a daily basis and i am hooked on it! If they discontinue the game, i'd be greatly disappointed. Hopefully they will make some changes/upgrades to the series. Maybe a little more in-depth with the minor league systems would be a start. Of course increasing the text size of the boxscores would help. Maybe add things like rule 5 draft, 40 man roster, waiver deadlines (revocable as well as irrevocable waivers) international signings & spring training games just to name a few. Can you guys think of any other additions but i know they are limited because of android platform.


They'll never be able to add in a ton of stuff, so I try to push when I can for an expanded minor league system first and foremost. Beyond that I'd just like an upgraded player development and regression system. As it stands the draft is all all about having top picks, 4th and 5th round draft picks are utterly useless. It would be nice to see at least some sort of possibility for all players to have a chance to progress into MLB players.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #16
hcorry2001
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New York City
Posts: 73
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24x in 18 posts
Agree about the 4th & 5th rd draft picks being useless.....but once in a while, a player does develop into a bonafide major leaguer....albeit a backup
hcorry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #17
Edster007
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 705
Thanks: 488
Thanked 409x in 269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
They'll never be able to add in a ton of stuff, so I try to push when I can for an expanded minor league system first and foremost. Beyond that I'd just like an upgraded player development and regression system. As it stands the draft is all all about having top picks, 4th and 5th round draft picks are utterly useless. It would be nice to see at least some sort of possibility for all players to have a chance to progress into MLB players.

Agree with the above, I would also like expansion, I love historical but if you start in 1901 a lot of players never see the light of day when you get toward a more modern era. I don't know if its possible, but it would make my day
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #18
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3x in 3 posts
MLBM needs to be integrated

The bottom line they need to integrate this game with their PC/Mac
OOTP
The game is okay but does not have features OOTP baseball that makes it great
You can on your own and without help from them at all improve stats of the MLBM by manipulating database of their app by using Imazing and other 3rd party software
If they were make an attempt to least to put saved leagues into OOTP 2018 then you certainly do a lot more with this game You will be able to play the game on the pc or Mac and transfer back to the mobile platform

I stopped purchasing full seasons of OOTP 4 years ago
I will not purchase another OOTP until they integrate it and for that matter will not purchase more versions of MLBM if it Is just the same thing as MLBM 2015
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #19
wodi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 436
Thanks: 105
Thanked 130x in 100 posts
Got the holiday promotion email.... usually they reduce the price of MLB manager to 99 cents.... no such mention....
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #20
daves
All Star Starter
 
daves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,864
Thanks: 1,289
Thanked 504x in 352 posts
Personally I enjoy this app. I can play on a phone anywhere rather than starting up a PC. I don't expect full features of the PC version, but I like similar specials run for the app by the PC version (e.g. All Star break Special).

The only add-on I am interested in is customizing the playoffs.
__________________
1st 4-peat team in PT history 1.0

Righty defense team

Lefty Custom

Last edited by daves; 01-22-2017 at 06:47 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Tunnelrunner (01-24-2017), wodi (01-24-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments