Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 11-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

MLB Manager 2017 Save System

Being that we're finally in the off-season, and I imagine work will be started on the new version of MLB Manager, I'd love to ask some questions about the save system again.

Is there a possibility that in future releases we could be given the option to save manually (i.e. before we play a series with a given team), and after we've played that series of games, go to our saves and load that manual save, taking us back to the exact point where we saved before that series? AND alongside our manual save (that only saves that exact moment in the game), there could be an auto save that basically does what our current saves do anyway. That way, when we go to load a save, we could select an auto save that would load wherever we left off last, OR a manual save that would load wherever we were at the moment that we made that save.

That way, if I'm down to the last 5 games of the season and I only need to win 1 to make the playoffs, but I end up losing all 5, I could load my manual save before playing those 5 games, and I could try again instead of being out of luck. Sure, it's not as realistic as reality... but it's a management game, and I'd love to learn the right tactics to win. It's basically like a using a "Back" button when playing chess. It's the best way to fail and try again.

I'm basically describing the save system used in Football Manager Mobile 2016/2017. They have 4 iCloud save slots, 4 Local save slots, and 2 Auto-Save slots. So, you can usually go back to whatever match or moment you remember to save. And if you forget to save altogether, the Auto-Saves save your butt.

Last edited by curtneedsaride; 11-17-2016 at 05:37 PM.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:09 PM   #2
IAmC
Major Leagues

This would be great.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

These boards have been very very quiet, are we sure they're even going to continue to make this game next year? A complete overhaul and huge improvements were promised, but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that this game generates no revenue for the company and one of these years they will just discontinue it.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote