Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #1
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

2017 replay

Hello all,
I'm going to try something new this year. I want to do a season replay of 2017...yes 2017! I want to stay about 3-4 weeks behind the real games, and use the real line-ups that they used this year. I want to be in control of every team such as in line-ups that teams actually used, promotions/demotions, injuries off so if a player gets hurt in "real life" i can be able to put him on the DL as it happened, and so on. How do i go about setting this up? So far I have waivers off so i can actually do the trades, demotions, promotions as they happen, i have all the 25 man opening day rosters set. I just need to know how i can control all major league teams, and is it possible to control everything and have the AI actually play the game out (if so i want it to be where i can actually watch the game sim, instead of a fast sim) and is it possible to do a series at a time instead of day by day games? What is the best way to start or continue to set up this replay.
thanks
Matt
Speiser007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

There is this option*, highlighted in the first screen print. That will put you in control of all teams. But you still have to be the commissioner in order to play out games because, rather than what you see in the second screen print, the option to MANAGE games, you will see only WATCH GAME.** You will also need commissioner powers to replicate transactions, injure players***, and such. Check the "Play in Commissioner Mode" box in Manager Menu, Team Control Settings.

*Read my last post, however.

**I'm sorry, but I missed this in your message. You don't want to manage games; you just want to watch them. In that case, DON'T be the commissioner at game time because then you do get the option to watch games instead. See the third screen print.

***I don't think even the Commissioner can put players on the DL with them being injured first. You will need to go into the player profile and create the injury.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 04-18-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

One more thing I can think of (by the way, I've never done what you are proposing, so I am taking educated guesses): If you want to watch more than one game on a particular day, you should turn off "Simulate World in Background before you start watching the game. Set this to "No (disables Baseball News Network)." Otherwise, when you finish watching your game and come back to the Scores screen, all of the other games will have been played out in the meantime.
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 04-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Actually, there could be a bug with that "Set all teams to controlled by [human manager]" option. Notice how it says I will be GM but what it does is insert me as Manager for every team. Also, even though I should at least have control over lineups and rotations, I don't control anything without commissioner powers.

I reported this in the bugs forum: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=277473

Last bits of advice, then: Back up your league before you experiment with this. You need to be commissioner to do most of what you want to do but you don't want to be commissioner when you go to watch games.
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 04-18-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

Thank you...I will try using a test league before starting my actual replay...thanks for the info!
Speiser007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speiser007 View Post
Thank you...I will try using a test league before starting my actual replay...thanks for the info!
Good luck! Maybe report your results here, if you care to, so others can see.

- Bru

Old 04-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Update: Take a look at the response to my bug report here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=277473

It turns out that I was doing things wrong and that the option is working properly>

- Bru